Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else noticed the interest rate for Tesla Loan and PCP is now up to 5.90%? I don't know when this changed but I'm still clinging onto my 3.99%...
There certainly are………patiently waiting since Feb2022
Red/white/ Gemini/ EAP Ordered 2 March with Tesla PCP EDD (for now) Aug29th-Oct10
Interest Rate change would be awful.

Last edited:
Reactions: ean36t
Think I might be one of the worst out here - Ordered 15th Feb - MyLR White/Black/19" - Glasgow - Cash with a trade-in.
I've been told August 25th - Oct 9th.

My question - Given I'm a cash buyer - end of August must be the worst delivery possible? Would I not be better waiting until September to get the new license plate?

There are several of us ;):p
white black , 19" is the base model. As the quarter end push is still the norm (may change ), there is a good chance for us to have them by end of Sept.

I’ve got my vin and collection date but no reg number yet
I looked at the contract in MyTesla which had a reg however it was different to the one they later text me, the text being the correct one. I'd insured it with the wrong reg and had to change it, luckily I realised before collection. Might be worth looking there if you can change the reg easily enough with your insurer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wattsisname
Started and finished it seems. I think everyone who is going to get one has one by now. Cancellations aside
I have ordered as a salary sacrifice car and am finding it really awkward to get a clear picture. Tusker are saying late June, which would align with RCC Europe arriving, but Tesla are saying no match has taken place. All in all it is a massive pain in the arse. Here is hoping that Tesla get more boats to avoid the end of quarter push. Looking at the telsa website MY are pushing December delivery...

I have ordered as a salary sacrifice car and am finding it really awkward to get a clear picture. Tusker are saying late June, which would align with RCC Europe arriving, but Tesla are saying no match has taken place. All in all it is a massive pain in the arse. Here is hoping that Tesla get more boats to avoid the end of quarter push. Looking at the telsa website MY are pushing December delivery...
…and even 2023 if you want anything else than black or white…

MYLR Gemini. Grey. Ordered Feb 24

Got reg/VIN

Just got contract papers through with original 3.99% interest rate

Picking up from NEC June 30th
Amazing! But congrats. Grey /Gems Feb 24 beats Red/Gems 2 March (six days later) by several months; currently latest date 13 October.
What have they got against red except that so few are ordered. I feel my "faith" a bit shaken today but that could be yesterday's Jubilee party hangover.

Now then.....did I just hear SWMBO on the phone to BMW looking for a trade-in value on the X3 against a new i???

Last edited:
MYLR Gemini. Grey. Ordered Feb 24

Got reg/VIN

Just got contract papers through with original 3.99% interest rate

Picking up from NEC June 30th
I have just checked and notice that my Tesla PCP approved in March with 4.9% against your late February 3.99%.

I trust that this was a hedge against the imminent cost of money increase and will not change again.
Otherwise it's a double whammy from our beloved Tesla; delayed delivery pushing me towards a higher interest rate.

Of course Tesla were neither responsible for the Covid shutdown nor for Vlad The Impaler's horrific war and its economic consequences - and that is not in anyway to diminish the cruel human cost.

<rant>

Hmm, so as others may know Tesla state that a finance application is held for 90 days after being accepted.

Under normal circumstances this period would suffice as a lot of us would be getting our cars soon but Q2 is by far not the "norm". If like Elon says and they can "pull a rabbit out of the hat" and somehow we all get our cars before the 90 window then great, happy days!

If we go over the 90 days and chose to continue with our purchase when/if we ever get any updates from Tesla, then we'd have to pay a penalty for this delay as our finance applications would have expired and the new deal will be replaced with the higher interest rate and increased cost of the MY.

Point being, if the new EDDs are anything to go by then the financial term of 90 days will not be reflecting current unforeseen events.

Another kick in the teeth on top of everything else

</rantover>

Reactions: ME_UK
I ordered a Model Y MSM / Black / Inductions in early Feb and hadn't received any updates from Tesla or Zenith (who are the lease provider for company salary sacrifice scheme). My order doesn't show up in my Tesla account so I've been in the dark regarding EDD.

It's been like trying to get blood out of a stone getting information from Zenith, and it was only after repeated calls that it became apparent I needed to complete a licence check. I hadn't received any email from Licence Bureau, so they chased it up and thankfully it arrived in my inbox within half an hour. I do feel as though if I wasn't pestering them my order may well have been reallocated (as I was told Tesla had apparently set a deadline of Friday last week to complete the outstanding information). I was then told I should await an SMS from Tesla to schedule collection.

I asked Zenith for my RN and have since been in the LiveChat with Tesla who inform me that I am indeed allocated a car which is due to arrive on 27th June and collection can likely be arranged from 28th June. However, they are waiting for the logistics team to finalise when the car will arrive at the delivery hub before they issue an SMS to me. This has reassured me somewhat and fingers crossed I will receive my order in this current batch coming into the UK.

I just wanted to post my experience in case others are in similar situation with Salary Sacrifice scheme and haven't heard from Tesla and fearing the worst about missing a Q2 delivery slot.