Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First noticeable design change for Q3 cars:

I was thinking about this today. Obviously they shut down the factory to increase overall output. But that usually entails they they’ve found a way to consolidate parts making them lighter; or figured out better ways to bind parts together; or any number of manufacturing techniques that are put into place to ensure a better overall product + faster manufacturing times.

One thing I’m hooooping for, is that they’ve implemented some improvements from other factories, namely: same suspension system from Berlin (which is supposedly slightly more supple); the padding in the back seat to stop seatbelt rattles and a few other enhancements under the hood plus others things yet to be found.

In short, those who may have to wait a tad longer, may be rewarded with 2-3 changes for the better. Alas, I know they this is always the case with Tesla, but I have to think of some positives for having to wait so long while others get to enjoy their cars NOW. (I would of course take my car now in a heartbeat than wait longer for a few minor upgrades).

As usual, it's nice to see people on the facebook groups that have ordered 2 weeks ago, get texts confirming pickup of their Y's on the 2nd September 😔 I really do hope this car is worth the wait, I've never come across such a p**s poor way of allocating orders before!
It’s worth the wait, just don’t get sucked into the order EDD vortex. What’s for you won’t go past you.

Anyone else starting to think about giving up and cancelling?! I really can’t wait past the end of September, but as time drags on it’s looking incredibly unlikely….
Same feelings as you, really needed the car in Q2, so the prospect missing Q3 is not good for me. No texts or phone call from Tesla to see if i'm ready for delivery either, not heard a thing.

Reactions: maigrait and Human_
I’ve only seen a few other members post about getting a delivery date confirmation. I’ve just had confirmation of 3 September delivery. I ordered myself on 3 March, then Tusker took over the reservation a few months ago. Like others, I’ve had every conceivable EDD under the sun, whilst waiting but it looks to finally be set.

As usual, it's nice to see people on the facebook groups that have ordered 2 weeks ago, get texts confirming pickup of their Y's on the 2nd September 😔 I really do hope this car is worth the wait, I've never come across such a p**s poor way of allocating orders before!
There are lease companies holding stock delivered earlier in the year and offering delivery within weeks so might not be direct from Tesla!

Reactions: GDW1986
Yeah I know some companies have them in stock so deliveries to customers within weeks makes sense. The ones I've seen are definitely direct from Tesla though.
Same spec as yours? That makes a difference. Tesla cars are not build to order, it’s bulk batches.

I ordered the same spec as you just a few days before your good self and I haven’t seen anyone with my spec receive a VIN before me so far this Q.

There will be a good number of ships heading over this Q that haven’t set sail yet. You have a good chance.

Reactions: Toblerone
Same spec as yours? That makes a difference. Tesla cars are not build to order, it’s bulk batches.

I ordered the same spec as you just a few days before your good self and I haven’t seen anyone with my spec receive a VIN before me so far this Q.

There will be a good number of ships heading over this Q that haven’t set sail yet. You have a good chance.
Yeah I've seen one the same spec as mine and despite not knowing for sure that they ordered early July, I don't really see what they would achieve by lying. We've seen it last quarter as well though, people ordering the exact same spec a week or two after us but getting called to collect a cancellation, it's an awful way to do the allocations. I also saw one with an order date of early July and confirmed September date of the 6th, but their car had Gemini wheels. This is annoying as well because my company agreed to the bigger wheels so I'd have my car in May (but we expected June) Had I chose the cheaper spec, I'd probably have it by now.

I know I'm being a bit childish about the whole thing but what's got me so frustrated is the fact that I sold my previous car based roughly on the EDD, of course I appreciate it's estimated but to get the exact same spec into the hands of those that ordered after me is unacceptable, there's just no excuse good enough.

Yeah I've seen one the same spec as mine and despite not knowing for sure that they ordered early July, I don't really see what they would achieve by lying. We've seen it last quarter as well though, people ordering the exact same spec a week or two after us but getting called to collect a cancellation, it's an awful way to do the allocations. I also saw one with an order date of early July and confirmed September date of the 6th, but their car had Gemini wheels. This is annoying as well because my company agreed to the bigger wheels so I'd have my car in May (but we expected June) Had I chose the cheaper spec, I'd probably have it by now.

I know I'm being a bit childish about the whole thing but what's got me so frustrated is the fact that I sold my previous car based roughly on the EDD, of course I appreciate it's estimated but to get the exact same spec into the hands of those that ordered after me is unacceptable, there's just no excuse good enough.
Can you ring around the lease companies and find out if they have the spec you want and are willing to allocate it to you?

Reactions: workable

At the end of a Q, you can contact Tesla to ask to be put on a cancellation list. They take priority for last-minute cancellations so Tesla can be sure they get the car shifted in a day or two without the need of calling around. Once on that list, it's complete pot luck and that process will restart again at the end of this Q.

It can be frustrating. You probably would have your car last Q if it wasn't for Shanghai being closed due to COVID, which is a fair excuse for Tesla. There were a lot less exports than expected due to the situation.

One thing that is key, you can only go off the same spec order as yourself. The cars are built in batches and handed out to RNs, not the other way around. Nevertheless, it is hard to believe someone from the UK buying the car direct from Tesla ordering only this month has their delivery date and it's not a lease or a change in spec in July from a previous order. If so, that is an outlier. (I don't disbelieve what you saw)

Im sure you will have your car soon. My fingers are crossed for you.

Reactions: Toblerone
At the end of a Q, you can contact Tesla to ask to be put on a cancellation list. They take priority for last-minute cancellations so Tesla can be sure they get the car shifted in a day or two without the need of calling around. Once on that list, it's complete pot luck and that process will restart again at the end of this Q.

It can be frustrating. You probably would have your car last Q if it wasn't for Shanghai being closed due to COVID, which is a fair excuse for Tesla. There were a lot less exports than expected due to the situation.

One thing that is key, you can only go off the same spec order as yourself. The cars are built in batches and handed out to RNs, not the other way around. Nevertheless, it is hard to believe someone from the UK buying the car direct from Tesla ordering only this month has their delivery date and it's not a lease or a change in spec in July from a previous order. If so, that is an outlier.

Im sure you will have your car soon. My fingers are crossed for you.
Yeah I understand how it all works and you're right, the shutdown will have been the cause for the delay which obviously isn't Tesla's fault.

The way "The list" works has pi**ed me off more than anything, Tesla explained exactly what they do, you just have to be the closest person geographically to someone that has cancelled an exact same spec vehicle as you, apparently order date has absolutely no influence. Letting Tesla know I can collect from anywhere in the country with 6 hours notice makes no difference apparently, notes will only be seen if they're already looking at your account.

Like you say, there is a decent chance this Quarter, I'll be happy when it's guaranteed though!

Reactions: Darreno
Yeah I understand how it all works and you're right, the shutdown will have been the cause for the delay which obviously isn't Tesla's fault.

The way "The list" works has pi**ed me off more than anything, Tesla explained exactly what they do, you just have to be the closest person geographically to someone that has cancelled an exact same spec vehicle as you, apparently order date has absolutely no influence. Letting Tesla know I can collect from anywhere in the country with 6 hours notice makes no difference apparently, notes will only be seen if they're already looking at your account.

Like you say, there is a decent chance this Quarter, I'll be happy when it's guaranteed though!
On the bright side, from early to mid march MY VINs are appearing in the forums. By the time a boat or two is loaded and on the way, it will get into April hopefully. Fingers crossed for everyone.

Reactions: ElsDee
My EDD has just moved to "October to December"....

Not sure if anyone else on #TeamBlue who order in April is experiencing the same thing, but it's a sad face day today
Hang in there the ups and downs of the EDDs are frustration but generally bare little relationship to final outcome until a ship appears. It’s early in the Q3 yet and I’m sure it will move again and again………..

Reactions: IWantThatOne
My EDD has just moved to "October to December"....

Not sure if anyone else on #TeamBlue who order in April is experiencing the same thing, but it's a sad face day today
I order a week after you, same spec, but I don’t have EAP. I chatted Tesla yesterday and they said my EDD was still show September!!

There is absolutely no logical algorithm to how they work this out 🤬

Reactions: IWantThatOne