Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't suppose Tesla will be too bothered about pre prise rise orders canceling, more money in their pocket.
I keep looking at various second hand ICE SUV's but can' get by the fact that i really want a MY.
I sold two vehicles to make this Tesla dream happen, my every day car and a really great Morgan 3 wheeler, the more months that go by without the Tesla being delivered the more i question my logic!

1659119243103.png

From Wu Wa's latest video these MYs seem like LHD. I don't have a 4K monitor but I can see a lot of them with something covering the steering wheel. So possibly this is not our batch.

Reactions: MrT3
How is that possible? Sorry if you have mentioned this before @Darreno... are you at the mercy of a leasing company or direct via Tesla?

Either way is no one able to give you any indication? How annoying! :mad:
One order lease, one order direct.

However I was notified by Tesla of the Dec date for my lease order which I ordered in April. Nevertheless, it’s an EDD, in other words, unreliable and meaningless and should be ignored.

Reactions: Daedalus
Good luck with those lead times.

And if you think Tesla is opaque in this pre-delivery period, they are as nothing compared to VW. I came to the Tesla rollercoaster as a backup plan for an ID.3 Tour that VW couldn't tell me was in build or not, part-built or not, or to give any kind of indication of possible lead time.
At least no indication is honesty. Plenty on this forum will have made plans based on EDDs, and I would bet for several (me included) the relatively short lead times made the Tesla option more attractive than the available alternatives. The fact is that the lead times quoted in March/April have proven to be fictional, with no compensation or even communicated apology for inconvenience caused. That is very poor.

It’s all very well saying that EDDs should be taken with a pinch of salt, and lockdowns haven’t helped, but I would have preferred VW’s honest approach to a shifting EDD with no ability for me to mitigate it once I’ve nailed my colours to the order mast, and no communication as to the reasons for any shift.

For £58k, this isn’t good enough and not a good way to start a ~4 year ownership relationship. I worry that when other manufacturers (inevitably) catch up with Tesla’s tech, the brand will have been tarnished by this sort of nonsense to the point that residuals could be affected. It sounds far-fetched, but if you’d told me three years ago about Covid, I’d have said ‘bollocks, that’ll never happen!’.

At least no indication is honesty. Plenty on this forum will have made plans based on EDDs, and I would bet for several (me included) the relatively short lead times made the Tesla option more attractive than the available alternatives. The fact is that the lead times quoted in March/April have proven to be fictional, with no compensation or even communicated apology for inconvenience caused. That is very poor.

It’s all very well saying that EDDs should be taken with a pinch of salt, and lockdowns haven’t helped, but I would have preferred VW’s honest approach to a shifting EDD with no ability for me to mitigate it once I’ve nailed my colours to the order mast, and no communication as to the reasons for any shift.

For £58k, this isn’t good enough and not a good way to start a ~4 year ownership relationship. I worry that when other manufacturers (inevitably) catch up with Tesla’s tech, the brand will have been tarnished by this sort of nonsense to the point that residuals could be affected. It sounds far-fetched, but if you’d told me three years ago about Covid, I’d have said ‘bollocks, that’ll never happen!’.
I’d opine that your residuals are as safe, and probably safer, in Tesla’s brand for the next 10 years than some other brands. Notably VW, whose vehicle OS division very obviously couldn’t OTA their way out of a wet paper bag.

I’d opine that your residuals are as safe, and probably safer, in Tesla’s brand for the next 10 years than some other brands. Notably VW, whose vehicle OS division very obviously couldn’t OTA their way out of a wet paper bag.
I hope you’re right (and do love the word ‘opine’). I’d also probably agree with you, but there is certainly a ‘shelf life’ on companies who take customers for granted, Tesla can do so for now but I do hope it gets out of the ‘glorified start up’ mentality before people start voting with their feet and orders.

I’d opine that they’ve got a good 5-10 years to sort that given the global brand hysteria, but am personally more excited about the Rivian R1T or the prospect of an ID Buzz Camper replacing my Y (once received 😂) than anything else out there.

Reactions: Edwardlee2
I hope you’re right (and do love the word ‘opine’). I’d also probably agree with you, but there is certainly a ‘shelf life’ on companies who take customers for granted, Tesla can do so for now but I do hope it gets out of the ‘glorified start up’ mentality before people start voting with their feet and orders.

I’d opine that they’ve got a good 5-10 years to sort that given the global brand hysteria, but am personally more excited about the Rivian R1T or the prospect of an ID Buzz Camper replacing my Y (once received 😂) than anything else out there.
I’d agree with the 5-10 year window to upskill the organisation in customer service and respect, I personally think it is a key future differentiator. In my experience the existing brands don’t do it well either, and we’ve had several “premium” brand vehicles over the years. I don’t include VW in “premium brand” incidentally!

Curious you mention Rivian, as something in that neck of the woods would also tickle me too, as we are rural and the raw capability of the Rivian is appealing. Though I have to be honest here, the Y’s off-road mode surprised me on our Scottish road trip — you wouldn’t want to be in mud ruts but for mild slippy stuff it did surprisingly well! No substitute for proper engineering and ground clearance though.

You won’t be able to drag me into any vehicle with a CARIAD OS in it I’m afraid!