Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time poster here. I ordered the MYLR three weeks ago. It was a close call between the MY and EV6 in the end. My initial preference was for the Q4 etron, but the 18 month lead time was too much. I also briefly considered the GV60. I quite liked the EV6 and I think it's absolutely great, but the added practicality of the Tesla won me over, although if I'm being honest, the name on the badge had something to do with it as well. The GV60 felt like a proper luxury car inside, but the back seat in particular was a bit cramped. Plus I couldn't justify spending c. 10k more (based on my specs) on it than the MY for a brand that frankly most people haven't even heard about. But they did have a few GV60s in stock that could be delivered within two weeks. Ok, enough with my long winded intro.

I have read enough here to not get too hung up on EDD, yet hard not to check the account every single day (frankly multiple times a day). I ordered the most basic MYLR, white/black/gemini directly from Tesla. Initial EDD was 29Nov-6Dec. Then it moved forward a day or two. Afterwards, for over a week it was 20Nov-28Dec, so entirely inside Q4. Then a few days ago it jumped forward to 5Sep-30Sep, so Q3.
I know not to get too excited, but wanted to post these dates if useful to anyone.

Is there anyone leasing/financing via ALD?
I am in the same boat!
1. Your EDD and order date
Model Y LR | White | Black Interior | 20" Wheels | Ordered 26/04/22 | Business Lease through ALD | EDD August -June 20th-June 26th September 5th - October 20th
2. Have you taken delivery
Nope - as you can see lots of narrowing of dates, but nothing for a while!
3. Do ALD send out any comms? It’s been too quiet in my experience
I haven’t heard a peep from them!

Reactions: Toppyawe
I am in the same boat!

Model Y LR | White | Black Interior | 20" Wheels | Ordered 26/04/22 | Business Lease through ALD | EDD August -June 20th-June 26th September 5th - October 20th

Nope - as you can see lots of narrowing of dates, but nothing for a while!

I haven’t heard a peep from them!
Thanks for your reply. Just been wondering at their amazing silence. Guess we will all just keep looking out for the text and VIN. Hopefully it happens real soon. Thanks and have a relaxing weekend .

First time poster here. I ordered the MYLR three weeks ago. It was a close call between the MY and EV6 in the end. My initial preference was for the Q4 etron, but the 18 month lead time was too much. I also briefly considered the GV60. I quite liked the EV6 and I think it's absolutely great, but the added practicality of the Tesla won me over, although if I'm being honest, the name on the badge had something to do with it as well. The GV60 felt like a proper luxury car inside, but the back seat in particular was a bit cramped. Plus I couldn't justify spending c. 10k more (based on my specs) on it than the MY for a brand that frankly most people haven't even heard about. But they did have a few GV60s in stock that could be delivered within two weeks. Ok, enough with my long winded intro.

I have read enough here to not get too hung up on EDD, yet hard not to check the account every single day (frankly multiple times a day). I ordered the most basic MYLR, white/black/gemini directly from Tesla. Initial EDD was 29Nov-6Dec. Then it moved forward a day or two. Afterwards, for over a week it was 20Nov-28Dec, so entirely inside Q4. Then a few days ago it jumped forward to 5Sep-30Sep, so Q3.
I know not to get too excited, but wanted to post these dates if useful to anyone.
Will be brilliant for you if you get your car so quickly. Same EDD as me, i'm 10 days short of 5 months and your 3 weeks in, go figure!

Welcome. I’m coming from a Q5.
Q4 looks nice and I sat in it, however it is so slow compared to the MY and the Quattro bumps up the price. It doesn’t offer 1 pedal driving / much regen which I guess is to make it feel similar to an ICE car and it has drum brakes at the rear.
But surely the biggest sin is the lack of frunk?! For me the Tesla won on all of these fronts.

I ordered in mid April, when website showed September. My order immediately jumped to 30-June and stayed there until it didn’t and I’m now 30-Sept (just a caution for you).
Now this could have been due to Shanghai covid shutdown, but there will always be something - parts shortages, ship availability, domestic demand, etc.

Fingers crossed you get Q3 delivery, but if not you can keep joining the fun here and speculating what enhancements your later delivered car will come with.
Favourites are Berlin grade suspension, or carpet lining to stop rear seatbelts rattling. But for now all we seem to be getting is a rubber sealing strip on the boot lid! 🫠

Welcome. I’m coming from a Q5.
Q4 looks nice and I sat in it, however it is so slow compared to the MY and the Quattro bumps up the price. It doesn’t offer 1 pedal driving / much regen which I guess is to make it feel similar to an ICE car and it has drum brakes at the rear.
But surely the biggest sin is the lack of frunk?! For me the Tesla won on all of these fronts.

I ordered in mid April, when website showed September. My order immediately jumped to 30-June and stayed there until it didn’t and I’m now 30-Sept (just a caution for you).
Now this could have been due to Shanghai covid shutdown, but there will always be something - parts shortages, ship availability, domestic demand, etc.

Fingers crossed you get Q3 delivery, but if not you can keep joining the fun here and speculating what enhancements your later delivered car will come with.
Favourites are Berlin grade suspension, or carpet lining to stop rear seatbelts rattling. But for now all we seem to be getting is a rubber sealing strip on the boot lid! 🫠
As I sit here and wait, I do love to speculate! Getting Berlin grade suspension would be phenomenal but to be honest, I’d settle for carpet lining in the rear. If I knew what the rubber strip is supposed to solve, I guess I would be happy with that too (anyone know?). I haven’t read or seen any complaints about water spilling off the boot lid? Could it be better sound insulation? Hmmm 🤔

Reactions: Toblerone
I hope you’re right (and do love the word ‘opine’). I’d also probably agree with you, but there is certainly a ‘shelf life’ on companies who take customers for granted, Tesla can do so for now but I do hope it gets out of the ‘glorified start up’ mentality before people start voting with their feet and orders.

I’d opine that they’ve got a good 5-10 years to sort that given the global brand hysteria, but am personally more excited about the Rivian R1T or the prospect of an ID Buzz Camper replacing my Y (once received 😂) than anything else out there.
The current Customer Service attitude from Tesla is very much "If you don't want it, someone else will" that only has a life of so long and those that are truly in the cult of Tesla don't do the brand any favours by defending them no matter what. If Tesla was held up to account for things that go wrong by the Customer base they may change things.. but too many now are accepting the EDD farce as part of the ownership. It makes me really annoyed when I see people with same configuration as mine and who ordered later getting confirmed delivery dates whilst I am still waiting.. I am going direct to Tesla and thought that the Customer experience would be better..

As I sit here and wait, I do love to speculate! Getting Berlin grade suspension would be phenomenal but to be honest, I’d settle for carpet lining in the rear. If I knew what the rubber strip is supposed to solve, I guess I would be happy with that too (anyone know?). I haven’t read or seen any complaints about water spilling off the boot lid? Could it be better sound insulation? Hmmm 🤔
I think the rubber strip could be connected to buffeting some complain of from the hatch.

Hope this isn't too far off of topic but wanted to just ask those still waiting on their Model Y.

Has anyone here ordered with EAP or FSD? I knew I didn't want to buy it when ordering the car but I know it's something I want to add shortly after taking delivery. My thinking behind this is to get it now while it's cheap (I say that lightly, but I mean in comparison to FSD Beta in the USA) and since I'm keeping the car for many years to come, I'd get to try out features as and when if they're released.

Hope this isn't too far off of topic but wanted to just ask those still waiting on their Model Y.

Has anyone here ordered with EAP or FSD? I knew I didn't want to buy it when ordering the car but I know it's something I want to add shortly after taking delivery. My thinking behind this is to get it now while it's cheap (I say that lightly, but I mean in comparison to FSD Beta in the USA) and since I'm keeping the car for many years to come, I'd get to try out features as and when if they're released.
I ordered mine with EAP… I am yet to take delivery as my EDD is 5-30 Sept .

Reactions: Toblerone and ROTA

I really really hope FSD is fully solved soon. For me, though, driving is a joy, and I plan to only use AP when on the motorways.

I will mostly be driving in and around London (though plan on loads of trips outside of London) and can’t really see (for me) the benefit of FSD (again, for me) because I love the act of driving.

It is a good investment because it future proofs the car of course.

Reactions: ROTA
I really really hope FSD is fully solved soon. For me, though, driving is a joy, and I plan to only use AP when on the motorways.

I will mostly be driving in and around London (though plan on loads of trips outside of London) and can’t really see (for me) the benefit of FSD (again, for me) because I love the act of driving.

It is a good investment because it future proofs the car of course.
Totally agree with you on that. I do just love driving and even the thought of getting an automatic car was a hard decision to make since I've always loved my manual cars lol.

I think my main uses for this would be when we're on long road trips, in fact early next year we're planning to drive to France so I thought it might come in handy.

Reactions: QuanTim
For me it is the annoyance that I spent extra on MSM and inductions (probably would have gotten those anyway) partly on the basis of the reduced EDD.

Any other colour and I think I’d at least have had a delivery date by now if not the car. I can’t change the colour without starting again basically because ‘computer says no’ - when spending this much on anything, the service isn’t good enough and I keep having to remind myself that it’s not actually compulsory for me to have to take this, other manufacturers are available.
100% agree. Ordered on 1st April - I would have been perfectly happy with Black or White ext. & Geminis but made the conscious decision to upgrade to MSM & Inductions based on the reduced lead time (obviously they look pretty, too). I've then had the decidedly agonising experience of watching others with order dates up to 7 weeks later than mine receiving their cars whilst I feebly refresh the Shipping Movements thread for the 113th time that day, hoping for some glimmer of hope.

For a ~£60k car, I would expect a better after-sale experience than this. I appreciate many other manufacturers are rarely better, but at least I would be able to take some comfort in the fact that my order would likely be built, shipped and delivered in a sensical, chronological order and not in this frankly baffling 'batch' system that Tesla use.

Blame it on my Britishness (my username notwithstanding) but a nice queue is something I place great importance upon. The situation with Tesla deliveries at the moment is the equivalent of the McDonalds manager walking past me with my food, out the door and giving it to the bloke sat at the bus stop across the road.

Nice! I've watched loads of videos on what it is like in the UK and I know we're definitely miles behind the US but I'm hopeful that when legislation changes it'll be an accelerated delivery of features to both EAP and FSD. That's why I'm thinking of maybe just getting FSD now.
I’ve also ordered EAP and awaiting delivery.

A few factors to consider. Elon says the price will increase.
However, there maybe a subscription option at some point. Think £99pm. Imagine just being able to subscribe for a long trip (if say 1 month if possible).

The FSD currently stays with the car, so if you intend to keep it, could be good. Maybe less so if you intend to trade in a few years, as we likely won’t have realised the benefit by then.

There are often opportunities to trial it for a period. Or you could go for another test drive (all test cars have it).

For me adding EAP for a few £k at the time of purchase seemed the way forward. I’ll now even get a green light chime, so the only thing I’m missing is ‘city streets’.
It currently doesn’t do roundabouts, although Elon says they are doing a deep dive on that.

Reactions: Real Reado and ROTA