Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
737DD919-AF80-4EA3-B812-DA4E18B6F1CC.jpeg

Really helpful from TA when querying the move in EDD!
Fingers crossed it’ll move again back to Q3

Will teach me to start order accessories without a VIN 🙄

That’s the boilerplate response unfortunately. Had the same when I was bumped from Q2 to Q3… not trying to dash your hopes but I would push a bit further
EDDs are updated by the factory, I very much doubt the live chat have any idea why its moved.

This goes back to the first rule of EDDs, ignore EDDs. Just look at what specs get VINs and on what date they ordered to work out your place in the queue.

I've been following this thread for a while - I'm in the same boat MY/MSM/Black/19 ordered early April. Original EDD June, then stuck at 5th Sept - 30th Sept for quite some time, now jumped to Jan - Mar 2023. We've had the phone calls, texts and emails asking if we were ready for collection, tesla have sent emails to the Finance company who have replied with the invoice details,..... this is painful!

• Love
Reactions: Toblerone
EDDs are updated by the factory, I very much doubt the the live chat have any idea why its moved.

This goes back to the first rule of EDDs, ignore EDDs. Just looking at what specs get VINs and on what date they ordered to work out your place in the queue.
I see no reason for a March order to be pushed to 2023 honestly.
Better to be proactive and escalate now in case there was an issue with the matching or the account was placed on hold?
If it reverts to Sept in a short while then fine. But I wouldn’t wait patiently while EDD shows 2023 and rather become a daily pain to Tesla support in the meantime.

My MYLR EDD Has just Jumped from 06/09/2022 30/09/2022 to Jan to March 2023!!!!!

Ordered 28th April - BLUE/Black/19's
#FeelsBadMan for everyone who has had an EDD move out to 2023. Especially #TeamBlue bros

Interesting data point, @Luro order is same colour as mine (different wheels) ordered 8 days after me. My EDD hasn’t changed yet and is still holding for Sept 🤞

Reactions: QuanTim
Oh lordy, here we go again! I'm too scared to check my account now...

As others have said, the first rule is to not believe the EDD whether they're brought forward or back.... BUT, you naturally get excited about a forward window, it's natural to get anxious about a backwards window!

I won't draw conclusions yet... BUT, with the talk that there might not be any further ships to set sail from Shanghai (for UK), could this be a sign that Tesla are confirming our suspicions?

The next few days are going to be in.teres.ting!

Reactions: Toblerone
No VIN for me either but suspected they’d start in earnest tomorrow with only outside chance this evening. Can anyone recommend a good tyre inflation kit for MYLR? I’ve gone for 16 years on BMW runflats and never had to worry too much about punctures. As always, I hope we all get our wishes answered this week. 🚘🎷🎶
I actually bought one of these Slime kits from Amazon Slime 50129 Flat Tyre Puncture Emergency Kit, Includes Sealant and Tyre Inflator Pump, Suitable for Cars and Other Highway Vehicles, 10 Min Fix : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

It lives in the 2 layer divider tray in my M3 trunk (accessory nod😉)

Thing is I've read they are no good especially with the 19" tyres I have that have the foam sound filling.

Hope I never need to find out...

We do know by now, yes EDDs are estimates, but why do they move so erratically especially when we are this close second time around after all the factory improvements. I would really struggle to understand if we miss Q3 then Q4 altogether…potentially 3 missed Qs (inc Q2)…it may well be the case that GF Shanghai is about to close its doors to UK - who knows - welcome on board GF Berlin!

Its true Im afraid, I called tesla! Supply constraints!
If it's true: To all the fanboys that were comparing to Audi & others by saying 'bUt a q4 etRoN hAs a 52 wEeKs dElivErY wIndOW' : well I'd rather know that upfront rather that getting a dishonest, inaccurate 3-month EDD that continuously gets pushed back every 3 months, and ending up to be that same 1-year wait in the end...

Oh lordy, here we go again! I'm too scared to check my account now...

As others have said, the first rule is to not believe the EDD whether they're brought forward or back.... BUT, you naturally get excited about a forward window, it's natural to get anxious about a backwards window!

I won't draw conclusions yet... BUT, with the talk that there might not be any further ships to set sail from Shanghai (for UK), could this be a sign that Tesla are confirming our suspicions?

The next few days are going to be in.teres.ting!
I find it hard to believe there wouldnt be another UK shipment as not all for the RHD cars were put on Glovis Companion the other day. Sat images show a bunch left behind which would have me leaning on the side of at least one more shipment.

Day before loading (detailed in video)

1660057141887.png

During the loading

1660057188319.png

After the load. Cars in the top left and around the top building wasnt loaded, and they were RHD. New cars appeared on the right, assuming from the factory.

1660057243642.png

If it's true: To all the fanboys that were comparing to Audi & others by saying 'bUt a q4 etRoN hAs a 52 wEeKs dElivErY wIndOW' : well I'd rather know that upfront rather that getting a dishonest, inaccurate 3-month EDD that continuously gets pushed back every 3 months, and ending up to be that same 1-year wait in the end...
As a Tesla enthusiast, I can’t help myself but agree with your statement - I genuinely do not believe it is rocket science (have a team behind to help if required) to estimate delivery considering they are able to estimate range by taking into account many more variables that the nature throws at the equations…

Reactions: WllXM