Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you Sir, Churchill is getting back down to sensible level just under 500 to start on my actual pick up day. My blood pressure is restored again.
Phew, glad I read this. I renewed my current car insurance last week with Hastings as it was the cheapest (under £300) with the plan to pay the £45 cancellation fee next month and get a refund or stick with them for the Tesla and pay the difference.
Hastings are coming in the cheapest for me on comparison sites at around £1200 too. I was unhappy but convinced myself it’s just how it is moving to a car of this nature.

I will try Churchill today as they didn’t seem to be included on the comparison sites, I’ll go via their site direct and see if it drops down. Will be most happy if I get back closer to £500!

The moved to Go Faster tariff is done active ready for the car to be delivered on the 13th Sep. Ahead of Fridays price cap announcement.

View attachment 844477
View attachment 844478
I suspect this will rise again after Fridays announcement. It’s going to be interesting to see if demand for EVs holds next year, the predicted cap after April is going to make peak rate and public charging more expensive than petrol and diesel!

Got the the delivery text yesterday too - only option was 30th (even though latest day on Tuesdays EDD was 28th). Interesting to see some getting 21st but guess Belfast is the end of the line. Was hoping to do Uni run on 28th but guess that is not to be. I see @Mr Miserable is suggesting Glovis Sun (Southampton on ~18th) rather than Glovis Sunrise (Southampton on ~11th), which the chat suggested from Vins on Tuesday. That suggested vins went out when Sun was still loading, which is interesting. Anyway - now to insurance…

Octopus sent an email suggesting it won’t raise yet but I did it before hand just in case
And are Octopus still not taking new customers? Whenever I’ve looked in recent months it says on their site you’re better off sticking with what you have.
Slightly shamefully, I couldn’t tell you which provider we’re with, the rate, or how much we pay. My wife took care of that last time around and I really should have a look today (day off work! Naturally it’s chucking it down, so might be a good chance).

• Funny
Reactions: Darreno
And are Octopus still not taking new customers? Whenever I’ve looked in recent months it says on their site you’re better off sticking with what you have.
Slightly shamefully, I couldn’t tell you which provider we’re with, the rate, or how much we pay. My wife took care of that last time around and I really should have a look today (day off work! Naturally it’s chucking it down, so might be a good chance).
Sticking depends if you are currently fixed at a lower rate. If you’re on the variable then it might be best to try and get on an EV tariff if you have a car or one on order.

Reactions: robmcm and _Dave_
I’m in the same boat, I’m on variable with Scottish power but might contact octopus today to discuss switching seen as my car is on order and leasing through them

Reactions: _Dave_ and Darreno
I’m with the now defunct Bulb, I looked at Octopus but noticed the same message and ignored it. But getting a fixed rate would be nice, not sure I do enough mileage (6k year) to make the most of the raised peak rate but I guess that doesn’t matter if my variable rate goes above it…

Will give them a ring and see if they can switch me on this rate (pending smart meter install too)
Sticking depends if you are currently fixed at a lower rate. If you’re on the variable then it might be best to try and get on an EV tariff if you have a car or one on order.

I’m with the now defunct Bulb, I looked at Octopus but noticed the same message and ignored it. But getting a fixed rate would be nice, not sure I do enough mileage (6k year) to make the most of the raised peak rate but I guess that doesn’t matter if my variable rate goes above it…

Will give them a ring and see if they can switch me on this rate (pending smart meter install too)
Im trying to determine for sure that this weeks VINs are on Sunrise. (Not sun).

I’ve seen Southampton and Bluewater collections booked for 20-Sep.

If you’ve got an earlier collection date in London/Southampton can you let us know?
I want to see if the earliest collection dates can’t be met by Sun.

If you’ve got an earlier collection date in London/Southampton can you let us know?
21st Sept in London, Staines for me, that was the earliest day available to book (so in line with your suspicion I think)

It's all very weird. When my VIN dropped on Mon night I was convinced it must be on Glovis Sunrise.

But with collection date range of 27-29 Sept from Southampton maybe it is on Sun and VINs were triggered even before it left Shanghai...

Reactions: Toblerone

AFAIK non of the Octopus EV tariffs are fixed, so when the cap goes up around 80% tomorrow their all likely to rise, no matter when you take it out. That said, the are still likely to be the best out there at the moment for a typical user with a smart meter. It’s unfortunately too expensive for me with storage heaters, they need 7h to charge so a standard E7 tariff works out slightly cheaper.

Just phoned Octopus and within a few minutes, I'm starting the process to switch to Octopus Go. Locked in 40p day, 7.5p night. No questions about EV order numbers, etc.

I'm paying 29.7p with BG right now and that's only going to increase so happy (as one can be!) with that.
I'm about to phone them, I assume you're on the crazy expensive fixed tariff until Go is sorted? Is your Go fixed for 12 months?

Phew, glad I read this. I renewed my current car insurance last week with Hastings as it was the cheapest (under £300) with the plan to pay the £45 cancellation fee next month and get a refund or stick with them for the Tesla and pay the difference.
Hastings are coming in the cheapest for me on comparison sites at around £1200 too. I was unhappy but convinced myself it’s just how it is moving to a car of this nature.

I will try Churchill today as they didn’t seem to be included on the comparison sites, I’ll go via their site direct and see if it drops down. Will be most happy if I get back closer to £500!
When you do, are you able to post your findings?

I’m in a similar boat to many - renewing insuring in 2 weeks for my old car £380 - did a quick quote and the cheapest was £1200!

Think it was with Flow at the time. Might be easier if I ring up some places and find out why it’s so expensive.

When you do, are you able to post your findings?

I’m in a similar boat to many - renewing insuring in 2 weeks for my old car £380 - did a quick quote and the cheapest was £1200!

Think it was with Flow at the time. Might be easier if I ring up some places and find out why it’s so expensive.
I went through insurance quotes last night and it was ... an experience.

Admiral was cheapest at £1200, Hastings quoted £6k!! Direct Line said "we can't quote you"!

For reference, insurance for 2 drivers on our family Ford S-Max is about £300/year.