Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope you guys are enjoying the fun part that follows the long fingernail biting stage. Delivery date ☑️ Insurance quote lined up for delivery date ☑️ Decide on how to sell current car and fix date in diary to do so ☑️ Send test payment to Tesla account ☑️ Set reminder of date(s) to send balance to Tesla ☑️ Install home charger ☑️☑️ Decide on any extras needed 🙈 feel smug and in control 🚘🎷🎶

In my ‘fun part’ schedule I am wondering when I will make my last trip to the fuel pumps? And when I do, will there be a particular petrol station that I'll miss??? 😂

Reactions: RutlandRider
Hope you guys are enjoying the fun part that follows the long fingernail biting stage. Delivery date ☑️ Insurance quote lined up for delivery date ☑️ Decide on how to sell current car and fix date in diary to do so ☑️ Send test payment to Tesla account ☑️ Set reminder of date(s) to send balance to Tesla ☑️ Install home charger ☑️☑️ Decide on any extras needed 🙈 feel smug and in control 🚘🎷🎶
Omg, you panicked me, i need to get a move on. Home charger issues, as on a looped system and will get the builder in to remove boxing around meters to establish if I need a main fuse upgrade before instalation of a Zappi. I guess there is a how to send payment somewhere on the chat a few hundres pages back, as I need to send a test payment given Tesla never took my initial deposit even though it was authorised by my Bank. Insurance sorted as I sold my BMW X3 in Febuary and froze the policy, hence no extra payment needed. :rolleyes:

Do we have fellow members who received their MYs very recently and can share their observations on quality as well as confirm spec upgrades (downgrades) especially after the GFS MY AL closure/improvements and subsequent production increase etc…?

P.S: other than the paint issue that was reported earlier this week on Blue MY

Interesting question on this - does that mean I need to talk to the lease company to add any additional drivers? Do I lose any functionality in the app?
From what I've read, if the lease company set it up properly and your account is just a drivers account they have to add additional drivers. There's also some lost features too, nothing major though, I just don't think you get full access to all the driving stats etc.

I did my test payment today but assume I’m still fine to hold final payments back until 10 or so days before pick up. My account now says “ Additional payment required. Pay remaining balance now to avoid delays in delivery” but trust it doesn’t expect me to do this in next day or so and is just a prompt that I’ve not yet paid enough. Advice from those who’ve gone before is welcomed.

Last edited:
As so much was discussed about insurance, I thought I'd bring up / share about another not-so-strictly-but-somewhat delivery related topic that I haven't seen here mentioning much: charging. If it's too off-topic or not of much use, sorry. I thought sharing is caring :)

I recently came across this alternative to fixed charging points, the use of a mobile charger with a 32a commando plug on one end and type 2 on the other. Apparently the charger + installation of a 32a commando socket in your home is much cheaper and less hassle than a fixed charger while charging speed-wise they provide the same 7.2 kW.

I decided to buy a smart charger from Ohme partly because I got £49 discount (400 vs 449) due to being with Octopus, partly because it works with Octopus' Intelligent Octopus scheme so I should be able to switch to that tariff seamlessly. I am yet to sort out the installation of the commando socket. I'll update when I have the price for that. Otherwise I've seen similar chargers for 200-300 already - much less than "traditional" fixed chargers, if Octopus' tariff is not a factor.

Omg, you panicked me, i need to get a move on. Home charger issues, as on a looped system and will get the builder in to remove boxing around meters to establish if I need a main fuse upgrade before instalation of a Zappi. I guess there is a how to send payment somewhere on the chat a few hundres pages back, as I need to send a test payment given Tesla never took my initial deposit even though it was authorised by my Bank. Insurance sorted as I sold my BMW X3 in Febuary and froze the policy, hence no extra payment needed. :rolleyes:
This was copied over by suresh.Thomas as an aid for payment test yesterday. Not sure how soon before collection it’s needed so I gave it a bash today. Hoping I’ve not stirred the Tesla bean counters with demand for final payment brought forward (see my last postj

Pasting an old message
I know this gets mentioned a lot but thought I would put it in one post.
Paying Balance to Tesla.
Prior to getting your car you will receive a message saying you need to pay your
balance.
Go to your account via a browser and you will see the balance owing.
Tesla's bank does not allow account confirmation / check so your bank will return the
message to say cannot be confirmed
1) With all transfers use your RN number as the reference. No need for anything else
2) Make a small transfer say £500 to the Tesla account. It will take up to 2 hours to
show.
3) Depending on your bank you may be restricted in the daily amount you can transfer.
With my bank it was £50k per day. So I made a larger transfer.
4) Check to see if that amount clears and then make the final transfer.
5) This should show a balance of £0 in vour account.
Make sure you don't make any mistakes in their account number and your RN number.

Reactions: RCMY and ElsDee
I did my test payment today but assume I’m still fine to hold final payments back until 10 or so days before pick up. My account now says “ Additional payment required. Pay remaining balance now to avoid delays in delivery” but trust it doesn’t expect me to do this in next day or so and is just a prompt that I’ve not yet paid enough. Advice from those who’ve gone before is welcomed.
The bottom line is it needs to be paid at least 7 days before delivery. We haven’t paid all of the deposit yet. Have collection booked. Not planning to pay the remainder until next week. Our collection is booked for 10th September.

As so much was discussed about insurance, I thought I'd bring up / share about another not-so-strictly-but-somewhat delivery related topic that I haven't seen here mentioning much: charging. If it's too off-topic or not of much use, sorry. I thought sharing is caring :)

I recently came across this alternative to fixed charging points, the use of a mobile charger with a 32a commando plug on one end and type 2 on the other. Apparently the charger + installation of a 32a commando socket in your home is much cheaper and less hassle than a fixed charger while charging speed-wise they provide the same 7.2 kW.

I decided to buy a smart charger from Ohme partly because I got £49 discount (400 vs 449) due to being with Octopus, partly because it works with Octopus' Intelligent Octopus scheme so I should be able to switch to that tariff seamlessly. I am yet to sort out the installation of the commando socket. I'll update when I have the price for that. Otherwise I've seen similar chargers for 200-300 already - much less than "traditional" fixed chargers, if Octopus' tariff is not a factor.
It's not recommended to use the mobile connector long term outside, since it doesn't have PEN fault protection. If the neutral line to your house fails or is broken, the body of your car can go live, presenting a danger to passers-by. A correctly installed EVSE will detect this and shut down, or have an external detection device

The bottom line is it needs to be paid at least 7 days before delivery. We haven’t paid all of the deposit yet. Have collection booked. Not planning to pay the remainder until next week. Our collection is booked for 10th September.
I spoke to Tesla on the phone today (maybe it’s different with cash purchase) but as long as you have proof of payment they will release the car. So presumably you could show them a statement or transaction receipt from a few hours before collection. Probably wise to do it much earlier if you can though.

Payments; probably already mentioned previously but just to share a further point based on my experience; I think the transaction goes through and becomes visible on the account around the working hours in US - so c2 hrs may be much longer depending on the time of the day or the day (did my trial payment on a weekend and did not show up until Monday early afternoon) you make the payment.

It's not recommended to use the mobile connector long term outside, since it doesn't have PEN fault protection. If the neutral line to your house fails or is broken, the body of your car can go live, presenting a danger to passers-by. A correctly installed EVSE will detect this and shut down, or have an external detection device
It does not have a built in one but an external device (or rods) can be installed along with the socket. In my case the sub board that would feed the the socket, has PEN fault protection on it.

Model Y Standard Range now available to order in the UK. Delivery time is shorter than LR.
Screenshot_2022-08-26-07-21-13-52_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg