Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered mine direct through Tesla and chose them as the payment route. It was all in my name and then the car disappeared out of my account about 2 weeks ago when everything was signed. I’m still getting texts from Tesla (your car is nearly here etc).

Really appreciate your help 👍🏻👍🏻
Same happened to me, I wouldn't worry about it. The car will reappear in your account a few hours after collection.

I know its a great feeling! When did you all start on the Y journey? I don’t mean order dates as can get that from signatures etc. but when did you seriously start to think “I’ll get a Y”?

I had to go down EV route for work in January this year, and was seriously tempted by MachE and Audi Q4 for a while, but it’s probably March this year I knew the Y was for me. So from that decision until delivery in 3 weeks from now is only 6 months in total. Not bad at all. A colleague ordered a Audi Q4 LAST September and has a loose EDD of this December 😬

We made the right choice!!!

Ordered a M3 in March. Test drove the MY on 28 April. Missus fell in love and me convinced me to change. Changed order to MY on 1 May (wish I changed it on April 29 though, as got stung by the price hike).

The more I've thought about it since, the more I realise the right choice was made! Space in a car has never been a thing for me, but damn it's sooo roomy and spacious! It's become a thing to me now! Also, something about having a HEPA filter and single rear casting over the M3 makes me ever so slightly more smug over our M3 brethren's :p (and yes that's scraping the barrel!)

Reactions: Lord Farquad
Not anymore if you check the UK order page it has a toggle for 'Wall Connector - £425'
Wall connector & Mobile charger are two different products.

Wall connector is like your typical home charger / typical EV charge point. Attached to a wall

Mobile connector is a travel charger allowing you to charge via 3 pin socket or equivalent

Attachments

• 766C8C29-9934-4D03-B1B9-FB216B9B14B0.png
    766C8C29-9934-4D03-B1B9-FB216B9B14B0.png
    227.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 9C30AD3B-0C94-440B-96E1-A186BD8D91EE.jpeg
    9C30AD3B-0C94-440B-96E1-A186BD8D91EE.jpeg
    265 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: Toblerone
Just wanted to vent a bit about insurance companies!

I tried to update my current insurance online yesterday. Obviously reg no wasn’t recognised, so I tried to select the car manually from a dropdown list - MY wasn’t available.
So got onto the live chat (after a long wait from position 42). They found the car then began asking really useful questions like: I know you said the car is brand new, but has it ever been written off and have you checked?
FFS.

Finally, after answering all questions they say the company behind the policy won’t insure it, but to call them and get a new quote (as they are a broker).

That’s an hour of my life I won’t get back!
Thanks for coming to my TED talk. 🤣

I have had 3 Teslas, with 2 more in the family. I am waiting for the new one. I am no more worried about quality etc than I would be for Merc or BMW, and less concerned than I would be for JLR.

We have had no significant issues and where there have been small ones (rattle of a seat belt, moisture in a rear light) they were fixed FOC without any hesitation by friendly service engineers who came to the house.

I will give the new car a good look over as I would any other car but I will not be spending an hour testing every function or measuring every panel gap 😏
Interesting, as an ex-BMW and ex-JLR customer I’m pretty worried about quality. Good to know you’ve had great experiences.

Reactions: John1501 and ME_UK
I'm moving from an M3 to an MY - wondering if anyone knows whether 'premium connectivity' follows the driver or the car? I'll ping Tesla and ask too.

Also - any experience with moving cars on TeslaFi - I'm not ready to give that up, it's a constant source of geeky pleasure for me....