Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting... Well, my pickup's tomorrow and my app's still blank, just the photo and no VINšŸ˜…
I'll try not to read too much into it if I don't want to lose any sleep tonight!
Good luck and please share your experience! I donā€™t think I will ever figure out (probably wonā€™t need to very soon) the inconsistencies in the app, doc. flow, sequence of events etc which are perhaps to a degree purchase method specif and something to do with human factor at Teslaā€¦the only constant I hope we all will have is the joy of ownership!

Reactions: WllXM
Too late im afraid. Collecting tomorrow and trading in. wanted to know if i should hang on to this one or leave in the car. Also has the warning triangle in but would leave that either way.
The medical kit have expiry date anyway so I wouldnā€™t worry but I myself also wondered the same question when I saw the kit on Tesla shopā€¦i am guessing it is must have/to be included legal requirement for the OEMs

Reactions: MashinBenzin
Just got a call from Tesla. Appears my car (which I was picking up next Wednesday) has a catastrophic fault which means it is undriveable - they detected this at Southampton. Looks like they have found another car but it must be on the next ship - as it won't be here until the 30th.

On the one hand I'm glad I didn't get the car and for it to be undrivable - on the other hand another couple of weeks to wait... ho hum what can yer do.
You should ask Tesla for a detailed example of the fault, would be interesting to know

Looking forward to reading all your collection experiences on the Q3 collection thread, lucky buggers
I am not sure how the Tesla delivery/order experiences were in the past as I am new to the club, but I know the feeling, been there a quarter agoā€¦However, depending on the market conditions, unless there is a significant shortage of ā€œsomethingā€ or another global conflict or major shutdown, moving forward- I would be more hopeful and expect a steadier flow of vehicles, especially with the gradual MIG ramp up and start of the RHD vehicle production at some pointā€¦.

Reactions: RCMY and Danny_F
Forza took over the finance a few days ago. Today Katie came back to me saying the rate is now 5.4% instead of 4.9% agreed previously. She says it is because BOE has increased the rate. Forza know I have nowhere to go now as I have lost my rate with Tesla and am not in a position to arrange other finance because of the hard search that they have conducted on my account. Therefore they have got me over the barrel. Extremely angry with them. Donā€™t think I have any other choice but to accept the increased rate. Just wanted to let other members know, in case they are considering moving from Tesla to Forza.
Really sorry to hear this, hiking the APR is a stone cold bad move.

Forza took over the finance a few days ago. Today Katie came back to me saying the rate is now 5.4% instead of 4.9% agreed previously. She says it is because BOE has increased the rate. Forza know I have nowhere to go now as I have lost my rate with Tesla and am not in a position to arrange other finance because of the hard search that they have conducted on my account. Therefore they have got me over the barrel. Extremely angry with them. Donā€™t think I have any other choice but to accept the increased rate. Just wanted to let other members know, in case they are considering moving from Tesla to Forza.
This must be infuriating and quite literally left you with no choice.

I would try and challenge that as much as possible, maybe speak to the Financial Ombudsman about it as you did originally agree a price.

Did not notice the VInā€¦I guess I will see more details appearing and the info/docs on the app evolving (I yet to see my signed lending agreement despite the confirmation last week) as I approach next Fridayā€¦I am kind of convinced that there is a manual process behind the scenesā€¦šŸ‘
My signed lending agreement actually landed in my account within a day or two of signing a few weeks back. Might be worth a prompt in the text chat

Reactions: Benotomy
The medical kit have expiry date anyway so I wouldnā€™t worry but I myself also wondered the same question when I saw the kit on Tesla shopā€¦i am guessing it is must have/to be included legal requirement for the OEMs
Not a legal requirement afaik. My 2016 BMW had one, my 2019 and 2020 Land Rovers did not. So Tesla are doing the right thing in providing one, nice.

I have now received REG and VIN from my lease broker BK22 and a 449.

Standard spec LR delivery to home on the 28th Sept.

Updated my insurer which is Admiral (all online) and paid an additional Ā£100ish. I work out this means my annual premium is probably around Ā£600. Up from Ā£400 on a Mitsubishi Outlander 2l diesel. Although note all my excesses have increased but the car is substantially more valuable then my current car.

September has never felt like such a long month!

I have now received REG and VIN from my lease broker BK22 and a 449.

Standard spec LR delivery to home on the 28th Sept.

Updated my insurer which is Admiral (all online) and paid an additional Ā£100ish. I work out this means my annual premium is probably around Ā£600. Up from Ā£400 on a Mitsubishi Outlander 2l diesel. Although note all my excesses have increased but the car is substantially more valuable then my current car.

September has never felt like such a long month!
lol@ the 100 days of September

Reactions: Toblerone
My wife saw a lorry load of MYs being transported up the A34 this morning. The two at the back had AF72 Reg plates. Our car ( vin 448, collecting 27 Sept from Southampton) is also a AF72 reg plate. I have zero knowledge of how reg plates get batched and allocated out but does that mean our car might be in the UK already?!

All the signs pointed to it being on Glovis Sunrise ( when we got the VIN relative to the ship location etc).

My wife saw a lorry load of MYs being transported up the A34 this morning. The two at the back had AF72 Reg plates. Our car ( vin 448, collecting 27 Sept from Southampton) is also a AF72 reg plate. I have zero knowledge of how reg plates get batched and allocated out but does that mean our car might be in the UK already?!

All the signs pointed to it being on Glovis Sunrise ( when we got the VIN relative to the ship location etc).

72 is obviously the registration year (in 6 month intervals). The first two characters are a region code of where the car was registered, with AF being "Anglia - Peterborough". The final 3 characters are randomly generated.

Reactions: Andenan

I reckon itā€™s still on Sunrise - there are thousands of permutations of the last 3 letters. Those on the transporter were just registered at the same regional office.

Reactions: Andenan