Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting ready for insurance changes as I'm going to trade-in with Tesla. Was already with Admiral, so simply switching car details. After putting in the standard info and paying the relatively small increase, I wondered about insurance on the day as I expected that to come up.

Checked Admirals FAQ and they have this interesting point (only viewable in signed in FAQ):

"As long as you’ve told us about the new vehicle and date for cover to start you will be covered in your old vehicle until you step into your new vehicle and start the engine the day of the changeover. This can be any time on the date you've said you are changing the car."

So does this mean I am never insured? There is no engine to start... /s

Ignore me... just finding humour in this long, stressful process. And I'm surrounded by three bags of accessories, an incessant need to check the Q3 delivery thread and matchbox Model Y.
Haha, did this with my car yesterday - was going to ask the guy I was speaking too but thought nah, I don’t wanna push my price up for a dad joke 😂

There was this thread. I think they did create a Spotify playlist for the suggestions.
My suggestion was a little "tongue in cheek"
…via The Durutti Column, Pixies, Kirsty MacColl and Fields of the Nephilim, I hope.
The sound system is absolutely ‘banging’ - best sound system I’ve ever had in a car. No matter what your musical taste, it will sound great! Then take some post-delivery time to tailor it to your sound preferences and it will sound even better!

910EBF3C-C6FE-46C9-A5C5-41AB50784922.jpeg

13hrs to go… roll on Tuesday

Productive day for me:
- Sold Audi A5 on Motorway for 50% more than Tesla offered (and more than the initial motorway valuation!)
- Text Tesla to remove trade-in (done one hour later)
- Sorted insurance (a story in my earlier post)
- Paid Tesla £50k and refreshed my account every minute until it appeared 30mins later (had already done a test payment last week)
- Tracked Glovis Sunrise from Algiers to Malaga.

OK - maybe the last one wasn’t essential…

My car through Arval has moved from Oct 1st to December 31st - gutted
VAT is calculated based on the invoice date, so unless you can persuade Tesla to reissue your invoice, I'm afraid you're out of luck
I’m not so sure this is true. Vat is calculated on initial invoice but it’s not due to HMRC till final sale. Technically we have all just paid a deposit. It’s in no way legally binding and either party can cancel at anytime. I think if VAT was cut from say 01 Nov 22 then Tesla would have to adjust all invoices unless they wanted to pay HMRC more they they were due. Think of it in terms of Quarters, you may have ordered in Q1 of 2022 but financially the transactions doesn’t matter to anyone until delivery quarter.

It would also be a hearts and mind campaign by Tesla which they would jump on. Elon did say he would lower the prices when he could.

View attachment 851728
13hrs to go… roll on Tuesday
Ha, the countdown is via an app

I’m not so sure this is true. Vat is calculated on initial invoice but it’s not due to HMRC till final sale. Technically we have all just paid a deposit. It’s in no way legally binding and either party can cancel at anytime. I think if VAT was cut from say 01 Nov 22 then Tesla would have to adjust all invoices unless they wanted to pay HMRC more they they were due. Think of it in terms of Quarters, you may have ordered in Q1 of 2022 but financially the transactions doesn’t matter to anyone until delivery quarter.

It would also be a hearts and mind campaign by Tesla which they would jump on. Elon did say he would lower the prices when he could.
I was responding to @robbieduncan who was takling about a VAT cut 2 days before his collection. In that case, he’d definitely have had the final invoice with 20% VAT on it, and the invoice would be dated when it was issued, not the collection date

Reactions: Utumno

I think you might be confusing a Tesla "Order Agreement" and a Tesla "Invoice". You don't get invoiced by Tesla until your vehicle is locked in for delivery, you have a VIN and a VRN allocated, and short of the vehicle being damaged in transit you will get your vehicle.

You're absolutely right about the "Order Agreement" detailing out the order, including VAT at the point in time the "Order Summary" is produced and if the VAT rate changes then so will the "Invoice".

However for people who have already had their invoices sent out by Tesla, I think they're probably shirt out of luck due to the tax point on the invoice.

Reactions: Spacerat
Ha, the countdown is via an app
I feel like I’m late to the party but this is fantastic!
65C71ED1-4EAF-471F-8406-AD83E93F6AD6.jpeg

My wife was far less excited than I am, and wondered what the point of having a countdown of less than three days is. We are very different people.

Last edited:
I think you might be confusing a Tesla "Order Agreement" and a Tesla "Invoice". You don't get invoiced by Tesla until your vehicle is locked in for delivery, you have a VIN and a VRN allocated, and short of the vehicle being damaged in transit you will get your vehicle.

You're absolutely right about the "Order Agreement" detailing out the order, including VAT at the point in time the "Order Summary" is produced and if the VAT rate changes then so will the "Invoice".

However for people who have already had their invoices sent out by Tesla, I think they're probably shirt out of luck due to the tax point on the invoice.
Apologies, yes I was. I’m only jealous really of all those with Vins and collections planned 🤣. The only thing that will make the wait any better is a reduction in final price. That being said, I’d happily pay my full order agreement price today if I could get a car delivered asap rather than get a VAT reduction.