Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And further proof of the original price compared to the price drop.

Attachments

• A98ABBAA-D219-4A52-9E49-34A49B140461.jpeg
    A98ABBAA-D219-4A52-9E49-34A49B140461.jpeg
    341.5 KB · Views: 69
I’m not, it’s the same price in the same place on the screen. You have a hefty new car registration fee that bumps up the price on both the old and the new, and either way, you claimed there was a 12k reduction and there isn’t one. The reason the RWD is so much cheaper is because there’s a gov grant of 5k euro which more than offsets the new car tax.

Pick each car, click as if you’re going to buy, you’ll get a breakdown of the costs and grants.

RWD

View attachment 870386

LR

View attachment 870389

It seems you may not be understanding that to buy a MY RWD on initial launch was €65k on the road. Now it’s €52,900. That’s a significant price drop.

On launch the RWD was €59k before taxes.
On the 14th that was dropped to €52k before taxes.

That’s a price drop no matter what way you look at it.

Well i
Wasn't RCC Europe due Southampton on the 24th or something like that?
Well interestingly enough I did have my trade in offer given to me on 13/10/22. At this point my EDD was Jan - Mar 23. When I called Tesla they said it was weird and they didn’t understand why it was given to me so early. It’s only normally when a Vin is allocated. At this point I kind of resigned myself to a Q1 2023 delivery.

Since then my EDD pulled back to Dec 22 and now 15-30 Nov. I think the point of me being a 28 June order will give others some hope. 🤞🏽

Having ordered 8 August I have just spent an unhappy couple of weeks looking at an EDD that had jumped out to Jan 25 to Apr 10! I hadn't seen anyone else quoting EEDs out as far as April! But pleased to report it today jumped back to the latter half of December which was what I had hoped for.. Morning Cello perhaps?

Reactions: Russty
Got my order date to November 30 now, anyone got any Bluewater pick up advice. Also do you get a full charge before getting the car?
Usually the cars come with 50% charge.

I’m going Bluewater too. The signs for pick-up are scarce so head to the IMAX cinema car park. If you park there (you will see the superchargers). The next car park along is where the Tesla’s are

Lots of people yesterday got the text about scheduling delivery soon and also with range mid November to very early Dec. Suspect this may be for Summit or Possible Europe. However how long did it take for people to get the actual scheduling text after the “get ready” text?

Lots of people yesterday got the text about scheduling delivery soon and also with range mid November to very early Dec. Suspect this may be for Summit or Possible Europe. However how long did it take for people to get the actual scheduling text after the “get ready” text?
I think you're right, probably Summit or Europe.

I spoke to Tesla (again) Today and they confirmed that they're expecting my car to be delivered in December still and they are about to start VIN matching a number of cars in the next 3-7 days. This would tie in with the recently loaded Morning Cello.

Reactions: perry12396
I think you're right, probably Summit or Europe.

I spoke to Tesla (again) Today and they confirmed that they're expecting my car to be delivered in December still and they are about to start VIN matching a number of cars in the next 3-7 days. This would tie in with the recently loaded Morning Cello.
Fingers crossed for you!! Wondering how long till I get the actual date 🤔

I’m not, it’s the same price in the same place on the screen. You have a hefty new car registration fee that bumps up the price on both the old and the new, and either way, you claimed there was a 12k reduction and there isn’t one. The reason the RWD is so much cheaper is because there’s a gov grant of 5k euro which more than offsets the new car tax.

Pick each car, click as if you’re going to buy, you’ll get a breakdown of the costs and grants.

RWD

View attachment 870386

LR

View attachment 870389
You really seem to struggle with the way Tesla pricing works in Ireland. That's fine, you don't need to understand, it's rather complex. But it would suit you - particularly as a moderator - not to call people wrong when you don't know what you are talking about

Both kceire and myself have shown you the bottom line pricing on the cars in Ireland. It really would have been better to keep a separate thread for Irish Model Y (RWD) deliveries rather than merge it in first into a Model 3 thread and when I reported that, into a Model Y UK thread.

Incidentally we both ordered a RWD Tesla Model Y, on October 14th, the day the price dropped by €12k. It's also not like we are some sort of Tesla n00bs, we have owned about 6-7 Teslas between us (I know this from local motoring forums here in Ireland)

Reactions: kceire
I think the lease company have just ******* me over on my order. Chat with Tesla today said account is still pending and not complete because they are waiting on some final details to be confirmed which will delay me getting a EDD and being assigned a car although its still December at the moment.
Just spoke to the lease company and they say all documents have been approved so they arent sure why its not showing correctly :(

I find it interesting that there are people waiting for MYLR’s still and Tesla put some up on inventory.

I would have thought they would offer them to their waiting customers first…
It amazes me too. My exact order is currently available in inventory but strangely enough all the cars are already linked to locations. Could it be Tesla are playing the numbers game here. If we have all paid a deposit and are waiting in a queue then we have shown our hand as Tesla fan boys. The inventory options give opportunist and impulsive buyers a quick option to purchase - those that otherwise may not wait. In the end Tesla sales increase.

I really wish a Tesla insider would explain how they operate!