Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s every colour and combination of RWD MY’s on the Tesla inventory, provided you don’t want Inductions. Surprised so many still there after >24h

Prices are list and mileage <50 so how come very few biting?

I’m guessing RWD aren’t that popular then?
MY RWD is an unknown entity with zero reviews. My guess is people don’t want to gamble and would prefer to buy a tried and tested AWD for a few extra £££. Also resale value on EVs will be based on battery percentage and range. A 20% reduction for the RWD could put off buyers in the resale market.

MY RWD is an unknown entity with zero reviews. My guess is people don’t want to gamble and would prefer to buy a tried and tested AWD for a few extra £££. Also resale value on EVs will be based on battery percentage and range. A 20% reduction for the RWD could put off buyers in the resale market.
Don't think that's the reason as there are loads of model 3 in the new inventory as well, which is weird as lots of people have been waiting for 8+ months

Don't think that's the reason as there are loads of model 3 in the new inventory as well, which is weird as lots of people have been waiting for 8+ months
They’d rather sell on the new interest rates than previous - so that’d account for some of the lack of assignment of in stock.

Also someone pointed out: if someone’s already waited 8 months, then Tesla can probably hedge their bets and get an impulse buyer, whilst the original person will still wait another month or two.

Agreed.

Either they had lots of 60 kWh batteries in inventory or they figure the best chance of selling as many vehicles as possible is with the cheapest models and so have built many extra for inventory.

Tesla want to beat their total vehicle sales for the year forecast so are really pushing Q4. In previous quarters they wanted the cash, so held back the lower priced models (or they were all going to Hertz and that order is now complete).

They’d rather sell on the new interest rates than previous - so that’d account for some of the lack of assignment of in stock.

Also someone pointed out: if someone’s already waited 8 months, then Tesla can probably hedge their bets and get an impulse buyer, whilst the original person will still wait another month or two.
Not just the interest rates; my Dad has ended up cancelling the M3 RWD White/Black/Aero order he's had in since early Feb. That was £42k. Now the price is nearer £50k, and he's just about to take delivery of his Niro.

He could get the Tesla theoretically, but finances do not permit and there's simply no way of telling when Tesla might allocate him a car at the agreed £42k order value. They're perfectly happy to sell him an in-stock vehicle at today's prices though.

Reactions: DevMar
Awesome have you gone for an early day slot or later in the day? I’m booked in for 1:30pm and the Mrs doesn’t know. She thinks we’re just off shopping at the Trafford Centre…
I'm a couple of hours earlier than you, gives me chance to visit a client after and dodge the rush hour traffic back home. Can't believe you've managed to keep that from the Mrs! Good distraction plan with the shopping trip, she'll be none the wiser!

Reactions: ROTA
Folks, Just got a text from Tesla who will deliver my Lease Co car between 8th and 15th Dec. They will confirm exact details in a couple of weeks. RN confirmed 13Th June MY Blue/black, Gemini. Original EDD Jan 2023. EXCITED to say the least.
Good news! My exact spec again. Still nothing from Tesla for me! What lease Co have you used? Lex give me nothing by way of updates. When will the torture end..............?

Lex here too. Agree there is nothing in the driver portal . I had called them up and I was told Tesla would contact me directly . If you are in the dark phone up Tesla .
Have used SMS, chat and phone to contact Tesla (at different times). All they can tell me is it could be a Nov - Dec delivery. I keep telling myself "It's only a car, it's only a car.... be patient!"

Just doesn’t feel real…

7248E597-38B8-4FEB-AF7A-12F4A4F5E063.jpeg