Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately other manufacturers are slow too. I had an order for an Audi and cancelled it in favour of a Tesla as I had been waiting for so long and still not even a build week and total lack of information wound me up. I think all manufacturers are struggling but Audi gave me less info and I was waiting for c.10months. I’ve been lucky with Tesla to be fair (I ordered not that long ago and have a scheduled delivery at the end of Nov 😬) - my spec must have just been what they were making at the time.
Wow - 10 Months! I'd have lost patience too.
You sound like you definitely got lucky on your Tesla order then.

I feel your pain but a friend of mine has a range rover Evoque hybrid on order and he was given a delivery date and 2 weeks later a phone call to say they wouldn't meet that date. And couldn't provide a other date.
A work colleague has an EV6 on order and last I spoke to him he didn't even have an expected delivery date.

I don't know about BMW but I think a lot of car makers are in the same boat.
My brother ordered a Land Rover Defender and when it finally arrived it was completely the wrong car! Wrong colour, wrong spec, none of the extras he'd asked for. I haven't seen anyone say Tesla have managed to screw up quite that badly. Yet! 🤣

Sods Law :oops:

Start of week spoke to Tesla and was told possibly Jan -Feb 2023 for my order

Checked Tesla Inventory over Mon - Tues and seen a MY LR in White but with Tow Bar in stock, decided to go for it and put deposit down EDD - 17 Nov - 2 DEC VIN "LRWYHCEK5PC550xxx

Today VIN has now dropped for my original MY order EDD - 6 Dec - 21 Dec "LRWYHCEK5PC616xxx

Now what to do? 😵‍💫

Will give it some thought over weekend 🤔

Sods Law :oops:

Start of week spoke to Tesla and was told possibly Jan -Feb 2023 for my order

Checked Tesla Inventory over Mon - Tues and seen a MY LR in White but with Tow Bar in stock, decided to go for it and put deposit down EDD - 17 Nov - 2 DEC VIN "LRWYHCEK5PC550xxx

Today VIN has now dropped for my original MY order EDD - 6 Dec - 21 Dec "LRWYHCEK5PC616xxx

Now what to do? 😵‍💫

Will give it some thought over weekend 🤔
Is there a price difference or finance difference?

Just noticed a change. This usually says something along the lines of “Well reach out to you when your VIN has been assigned.”

Now saying “we’ll reach out soon”.

Still no hidden VIN, but promising (or I’m clutching at straws for an update!)

Attachments

• 245BB17D-55F9-4F70-89FF-26514DB269BB.jpeg
    245BB17D-55F9-4F70-89FF-26514DB269BB.jpeg
    379.2 KB · Views: 51
Just wondering if lease owners are able to pick up from a store and if its been known that lease owners have been assigned cars from inventory before?

Same spec as I have ordered is in inventory on website for london/scotland northern Ireland and I'd be happy to travel to london and Scotland if it meant I got my car sooner

I'm amazed - just received hidden VIN and EDD advanced to 2-17 Dec... I didn't order until 8 August so hope for those of you waiting with July orders! Yesterday had the "Please update odometer for trade in message" so that fits with expecting collection within the month....