Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry it’s so late!! What a busy day however I can officially say I have a model y sat in my driveway currently on charge! Southampton pick-up at 1400. Me and the mrs went down and had a look round the shops was desperate to get the Tesla, thought at 1250 we would head towards the collection point to see how it was. I must say there are thousands of them sat there waiting for you all!! Anyway got to the collection location, greeted immediately and welcomed in, not a single other person there!! Was seen to straight away and taken to the car. Was asked how much I knew and how much detail I wanted the rep to go into. Absolutely outstanding service I must say!! Had plenty of time to look over it all and it was all perfect. Then headed to see family and show of, because who wouldn’t?! Then headed home. Connected the car up to charge and it wasn’t charging however a quick reset of the charger and all up and running, I then done the test charge with octopus and that was complete, it’s now scheduled tonight’s charge and we’re hopefully good to go! The car pristine condition, service outstanding and nothing can be faulted. 50% charge at collection, all charging leads etc present and parcel shelf. No USS, cameras are the “new ones” and will activate in due course. Please do ask any questions I will get back to you!
Congratulations! I'm sure you will get loads of questions but I have a very specific one about a minor point. Are the vents under the front seats still open? My kids are b*ggers for dropping stuff and it would drive me mad if something went down the vent and rattled around. Wondering if I need to get the vent covers ordered for next week.

Reactions: perry12396
It begs the question. What qualifies them as a 2023 Model Y
2023 model means nothing other than a letter in the VIN to give you an indication of when it was made, and in the UK we have the reg plate prefix for that.

Next quarter, and the quarter after that, there will be some other change but will still be a ‘2023’ model.

Tesla just don’t operate like other car manufacturers where they only make minor changes every year, or larger updates every few years with a facelift.

Reactions: Utumno
Congratulations! I'm sure you will get loads of questions but I have a very specific one about a minor point. Are the vents under the front seats still open? My kids are b*ggers for dropping stuff and it would drive me mad if something went down the vent and rattled around. Wondering if I need to get the vent covers ordered for next week.
Yeah mine as well! just bought some vent covers in case these are still open. Hopefully arrive before the little rascals get in - though ive banned food for the foreseeable future!

Just had a look for you, yes unfortunately they are still open so get those vent covers!! 😂😂

I don’t think the parking sensors will work at the moment until we get Tesla Vision and they have added the functionality. I get mine on Thursday too. I went for the 19 inch Gemini wheels as I thought it would be a better ride. Wish I went for the bigger ones now!
The Gemini's will be a slightly smoother ride, smaller rims and more sidewall always helps. However even on Inductions the ride is absolutely fine unless you're a journo with tyres at 55psi.

I reckon I have the 22 cameras, I assume (lol) that Tesla cam will work with them?

Attachments

• PXL_20221120_104057207.jpg
    PXL_20221120_104057207.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 61
I reckon I have the 22 cameras, I assume (lol) that Tesla cam will work with them?
I wouldn’t worry at all mate. It will work no problem. I think the new cameras are focusing on FSD. I also saw somewhere that there were free upgrades to newer cameras for those early FSD adopters.

It would be safe to say that in future, if the cameras need to be upgraded, then they will be.

Reactions: Trashcan
I wouldn’t worry at all mate. It will work no problem. I think the new cameras are focusing on FSD. I also saw somewhere that there were free upgrades to newer cameras for those early FSD adopters.

It would be safe to say that in future, if the cameras need to be upgraded, then they will be.
I also understand that the current HW3 hardware doesn't have enough grunt to process the new camera feeding in at 5MP resolution anyway. So even if you have the new cameras fitted, they'll be softlocked at about 1.2MP to avoid overwhelming the main brain. There's probably visual quality improvements with the new cameras, but I really don't think it's worth getting as aereated as some seem to be about this!

I was getting repeated cautions last night for the left pillar camera. Not sure if an actual issue or not - camera was clean.
Happens quite a lot in the dark. Unsurprisingly a pitch black night scene presents much as a blocked or blinded camera, in that everything looks black.

You'll get used to Tesla specific behaviours after a bit :p

I also understand that the current HW3 hardware doesn't have enough grunt to process the new camera feeding in at 5MP resolution anyway. So even if you have the new cameras fitted, they'll be softlocked at about 1.2MP to avoid overwhelming the main brain. There's probably visual quality improvements with the new cameras, but I really don't think it's worth getting as aereated as some seem to be about this!
I agree. We all want the latest tech but we all need to remember, we are getting an amazing car and regardless if it has USS, new cameras, new bench seat or not - The end result is the same. I’m loving all these delivery posts and people should be rightfully happy they have got a brilliant car.

I agree. We all want the latest tech but we all need to remember, we are getting an amazing car and regardless if it has USS, new cameras, new bench seat or not - The end result is the same. I’m loving all these delivery posts and people should be rightfully happy they have got a brilliant car.
This is totally true, it's a proper spaceship and I love it. I would like to have the spaceship sound going fwd at low speed because it sounds cool 😎

• Funny
Reactions: Morpheus84
So was set to collect my Y/MS/B/19 on the 24th in Glasgow. Turns out that a previous order I had with another provider was never cancelled and it was this car that I had been assigned to. I even got as far as getting the VIN and Reg of this car. So now the other order is cancelled and I have no idea where I stand with my current one. So I guess worth reaching out and double confirming. Who ever on Glasgow, gets the car with VIN LRWYHCEKXPC5518** and reg SA72 AK*, know that you're not the first relationship it's had. :(

I'm hoping much better light sensitivity / colour spectrum filter as well so AP can actually navigate properly in dark areas...
Had a 2016 BMW that had Infrared/Thermal Front camera 'Night VIsion. A gimmick but quite impressive. Don't recommend it but you could drive without headlights :D
Would definitely help with those pesky 'pillar camera obstucted' at night...