Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collected my RWD today, pc565 and there’s no USS. Loving it so far and I felt it’s easier to drive than my previous Jag because of the short bonnet and high sitting position. And I honestly don’t know why some reviewers say it’s stiff ride, it’s not stiff at all and the ride on motorway is quiet, didn’t notice any wind noises or echoing sound.

I asked this earlier this week and they told me I had to collect from the location on the inventory page. I did question it but they were adamant it had to be the location specified. Anyone know different?
I was told that too, so I selected a “midlands” one assuming that was the NEC (the car had to have been on a boat at this point as it was early Nov). Turns out it was Stratford upon Avon SC, but then it gave me the option to collect from Staines. This was all after reserving it.

I’d assume that if a car is cancelled then it goes to a SC rather than clog delivery hubs, and once it’s there you’ve gotta go there, and if it hasn’t docked yet then you’d get the usual selection as if you’re ordering fresh

Because I am overseas until the day of collection on 1st December I used Tesla online chat three weeks ago as I’d heard nothing.

A really helpful advisor called David sent me both the final invoice (with VIN) and the reg no so I could pay the balance & arrange insurance. He even followed up with a further email.

I have a 9am collection time on the 9th but apparently according to the website they don’t open till 10? I’m assuming they just open early to clear cars as fast as possible but don’t want to be sat there for an hour like a lemon if anyone knows differently?

I collect my MYLR on Saturday from Manchester (ordered in late May) and they have today confirmed mine does have USS on vin PC549XXX
We are 552. No USS. Which we were both a bit concerned about. However we have decided to reverse park as much as possible and Mrs McChimp reverse parked so perfectly today I nearly took a photo. That's not being disparaging to her. We both struggled to get her Evoque parked straight and she did it perfectly in the Y. I haven't done it yet so the pressure is on!!!

We are 552. No USS. Which we were both a bit concerned about. However we have decided to reverse park as much as possible and Mrs McChimp reverse parked so perfectly today I nearly took a photo. That's not being disparaging to her. We both struggled to get her Evoque parked straight and she did it perfectly in the Y. I haven't done it yet so the pressure is on!!!
I'm 553 bro so expecting much the same as you - take it you don't have the new back seat configuration, new cameras etc ?

Friday can't come quick enough 🫣🫣🫣

Will those with USS still have it working after Tesla launch the camera software upgrade? Or will it’s be turned off and parking sensors rely solely on the cameras?
I have a funny feeling the new software will simply lock it off which means that USS is independent of any FSD feature. This leaves Tesla free to play with the software but also means USS can be used for parking etc.

The reason I think this is because I would assume we would have gotten a disclaimer stating that our cars do come with USS but it is likely to be deactivated soon. The vehicles that don’t come with USS have all had a disclaimer, so the buyer has confirmed they are happy to have a vehicle without. Those few cars that are being delivered with USS have had no such disclaimer so one would expect that the functionality will work as planned when the car was ordered.

Reactions: kelvin 660