Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m wondering those that have loan apps or trade in offers that expire and have to renew…my loan expired in July, so I opted for cash instead until I get a vin. My trade in expired August 3, so I took it out and said no trade in.

Wondering if those impact the delivery window and if my profile was considered “not completed” when those expired.

I ordered in March, the 28th. Completed my profile May 21st (loan app submitted). I went from a July EDD, to now September 19-30th as of August 3rd when my loan expired and I opted for cash.

I’m wondering those that have loan apps or trade in offers that expire and have to renew…my loan expired in July, so I opted for cash instead until I get a vin. My trade in expired August 3, so I took it out and said no trade in.

Wondering if those impact the delivery window and if my profile was considered “not completed” when those expired.

I ordered in March, the 28th. Completed my profile May 21st (loan app submitted). I went from a July EDD, to now September 19-30th as of August 3rd when my loan expired and I opted for cash.
I do wonder about that also. My loan app has expired once and my trade in offer twice since I started the whole process and although I did complete everything and resubmitted right away, I’ve wondered if that affected and pushed out my EDD. Super frustrating!

interesting, got a text just now as an invite to the tesla workshop that one can take before taking delivery since i'm scheduled for early september mid september delivery. Anyone else get this?
58C94867-441B-4169-A384-683E5F5EC511.jpeg

Last edited:
At least you received some kind of communication. While the rest of us are twisting in the wind.
Sooooo there has been post last month when people received this text then a few days later or later that day a vin received.
It’s a text but it might be by default. You ordered 5/31, I ordered March 28th with profile completed May 21st. Still ways before you but somehow we both have the same EDD 9/19 -9/30.
Wondering if any earlier May orders received this text….late May orders I’d presume a late September delivery.

I asked my SA if the expiration of my loan app would affect my delivery, and he sent me over to Finance. Their reply was that my app would simply be rerun when delivery was scheduled if I did not opt for a different form of payment - it doesn’t sound like an “active” loan app has any bearing on your EDD. But, everything in this process seems to change rapidly, so until I see the car, I’m not totally confident in what anyone says.

Reactions: GildedVines
In Shock 😱 Cannot believe it! It’s been 98 days since profile completion and 142 days since I a places my order. Soft match moved again to Sep 2nd and EDD Aug 26 - September 15. I’m sure it will move again as I never seem to get any closer to delivery.

Reactions: richn
In Shock 😱 Cannot believe it! It’s been 98 days since profile completion and 142 days since I a places my order. Soft match moved again to Sep 2nd and EDD Aug 26 - September 15. I’m sure it will move again as I never seem to get any closer to delivery.
Let’s be honest - it may never come :) j/k - hang in there! I’ve had mine for 1 week now and I’m in love

Reactions: Where’s my car