Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No updates and sitting in October for past couple days. Not waiting till October!! I know I’ve threatened it before but I swear I will drive to Fremont and raise hell soon!
Dude - I'll join you. In my case they actually have a sizable downpayment which they never returned following their botched delivery. This is just so freaking frustrating.

Reactions: Where’s my car
FYI…. I also joined the October club today. 😥

I’ll also add that a second order I have in with a profile completion date around 8/15 (was on hold from May) also shows the same October EDD. You can’t trust this EDD but it is extremely frustrating.

I fully expect EOQ to deliver our MY’s…. TSLA needs delivery numbers above anything else for close of Q3 and this group is the easiest target Profit will be slightly lower with our lower pricebook but they can’t just ignore orders forever.

Does anyone know anyone at Teslarati to write an article???

Last edited:
Reactions: Where’s my car
Dude - I'll join you. In my case they actually have a sizable downpayment which they never returned following their botched delivery. This is just so freaking frustrating.
My SA responded back. Turns out that on his end the Soft Date is still first week of Sept. 😁

Gives me a little bit of hope for an early Sept delivery. Also I did ask my SA to call the delivery manager in Fremont and let her know that I'm really excited/anxious about receiving the car.

well, still stuck at October. SA hit me up about something else and we talked about the order. He see's October too and thinks that it's because it might be a 2022 model instead. Either or, it seems that the October period is here to stay and that my "soft" date really wasn't a soft date.

end result, still waiting for October. The call with my SA ended with me putting an order in for Solar Panels from Tesla. =T Feels like a bad relationship that I should get out of but seem to be throwing money at it because the tech is so nice.

Reactions: SimFox3
well, still stuck at October. SA hit me up about something else and we talked about the order. He see's October too and thinks that it's because it might be a 2022 model instead. Either or, it seems that the October period is here to stay and that my "soft" date really wasn't a soft date.

end result, still waiting for October. The call with my SA ended with me putting an order in for Solar Panels from Tesla. =T Feels like a bad relationship that I should get out of but seem to be throwing money at it because the tech is so nice.
Does Tesla sell next year vehicles in Q4? Many manufactures will sell a car produced in September or October as the following year model. Waiting 1 month to October would improve ROI as it’ll be valued the same as something bought in July next year.
Any one with knowledge or experience in this?

Does Tesla sell next year vehicles in Q4? Many manufactures will sell a car produced in September or October as the following year model. Waiting 1 month to October would improve ROI as it’ll be valued the same as something bought in July next year.
Any one with knowledge or experience in this?
Yes, last year in the month of October they did indeed transition to 2021 models. Was the first year as prior years they changed over in January.

I don’t know if it was October 1st or 31st but they did transition in October.

Completion date 8/17, EDD was December 15 - December 31, and today changed to January. No dates but just month.
If I am getting the 2022 model and some newer features, especially the 4680 battery, I am fine with the delay.
i think regardless of "newer features" or the new battery .... there's still going to be a delay. Hope you're fine with OR without new features / new battery because the CA and pacific coast are ear marked for production and the Austin build doesn't look like it's ramped up for mass production of Y's for US domestic deliveries.

Reactions: RONNIEC