Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MY will be delivered Friday morning!! Had a extremely productive day preparing for MY. Approved for auto loan from DCU at 1.24% and plan on asking Tesla to price match. Also, accepted Tesla insurance and they were by far the most competitive! Woohoo 🥳
Noice, this is how it should be if they kept the EDD as structured! anywho, the Tesla insurance, do you have other cars that you have a separate insurance for? Is it just you on the Tesla insurance or do you have a partner on there too as an add on? Do they offer multi car discount or is it just the insurance? Lastly what are the options to "add" on to the Tesla insurance - or did you just get the bare minimum?

Reactions: Where’s my car
Noice, this is how it should be if they kept the EDD as structured! anywho, the Tesla insurance, do you have other cars that you have a separate insurance for? Is it just you on the Tesla insurance or do you have a partner on there too as an add on? Do they offer multi car discount or is it just the insurance? Lastly what are the options to "add" on to the Tesla insurance - or did you just get the bare minimum?
I do not know what if any perks/discounts Tesla offers. The price difference was substantial for this lone bird though! Progressive quoted $80 more per month for the same coverage. Go Tesla!!!!! 😆

Reactions: MarjLa388
Can you share your Tesla Insurance rate and coverages? I’m debating about adding the MY the my policy or keeping it separate.
It’s so difficult to compare car insurance because of the many variables that goes into their decision making. I’ve had a license for 24 years, omg 😳 that was eye opening! Lol 😂 But to give you an idea, I was paying $20 more a month for my Tacoma TRD Pro which was almost the same price, at $48k. When I asked Progressive for a quote for the Tesla they blew me away. Tesla brought me back to sanity! Auto insurance inquiring is much less invasive and completely different from credit inquiries. So I would shop away! Recommended lender coverage with $500 deductible $119 with unfavorable incident 5 years ago.

Reactions: OCJeff
The one drawback about tesla insurance is that they can raise your rates if you have too much fun driving
I know, right! It might not be such a great rate after I have driven MY they might change their minds. Damn, maybe should have transferred to Tesla insurance after I’ve had a couple weeks of fun. They will know my every move, great! 😌

• Funny
Reactions: PB FUTED
Kinda feel left out that there’s a lot of NorCal peeps commenting. I’ve scrolled over the last 2 pages and only see me and another so cal Los Angeles post, and OCjeff. Where are my socal peeps at that have October Edd’s?
Me. 10/1-10/21 here. I had 9/18, 19, 20 -30, for the longest time before it got bumped on 9/2 to the October range.

Ah, another Plaid in Covington?
Nice. Probably see ya around at some point. :)
Just ordered the Y for the wife last night.
Nice. Checked this morning and no VIN and no change to the EDD range. Sent a text to my sales contact asking about it. Tomorrow is the 9th which would be the earliest. I want to get rid of my old car as soon as possible. Tabs expired on the 31st. As you know in our state the RTA added fees are high and not refundable

Nice. Checked this morning and no VIN and no change to the EDD range. Sent a text to my sales contact asking about it. Tomorrow is the 9th which would be the earliest. I want to get rid of my old car as soon as possible. Tabs expired on the 31st. As you know in our state the RTA added fees are high and not refundable
@JohnCostanzo Please let is Covington'ers know what you find out!

Reactions: GroovaEV