Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just got a text from TESLA asking us to confirm we want to take delivery in September. No VIN, EDD change or anything. I don't remember hearing about this one.
That's strange. There does seem to be inconsistent processes (not to mention the VIN assignment algorithm) at Tesla.

I never got a text message of my delivery date but in my Tesla account, I now have a 9/17 pickup date with a 4-hour time window...
But never got a text message or email about it so it seems if I didn't check my account multiple times per day, I could have missed that!

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc and PB FUTED
We just got a text from TESLA asking us to confirm we want to take delivery in September. No VIN, EDD change or anything. I don't remember hearing about this one.
for folks that were here for the last End of Quarter, this happened then also. The text asked if they were ready if a car was available before EOQ. Not everyone who got the text got a car.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: jebinc and PB FUTED
Like me
for folks that were here for the last End of Quarter, this happened then also. The text asked if they were ready if a car was available before EOQ. Not everyone who got the text got a car.
Like me, happened in June and then a “August” expect to take delivery in September.

Attachments

• 7BF44404-509B-4EB7-B120-7EB67C95A168.jpeg
    7BF44404-509B-4EB7-B120-7EB67C95A168.jpeg
    304.9 KB · Views: 47
  • CD216594-2F11-40F0-9475-EA794EC725A4.jpeg
    CD216594-2F11-40F0-9475-EA794EC725A4.jpeg
    226.3 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: Quiet Coyote
dang it, one more thing to give me anxiety - I don't have the text message.... 😮
It.doesn’t.mean.anything.

if you’re in desperate need of a car then do you, but if can go on with driving your ICE I’d say you’re in a good spot. You’ll get your car soon and if you’re financing you’ll get to pay the hundreds of dollars for the car for the next 5 or 6 years. Don’t worry so much