Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
went from July 6 no vin, fo sept. Went to the service center and they said I don’t have a car produced. So just sit and wait, have the same “response” the that I keep reading here “it’s worth the wait”.
Those that feel that it’s worth it, putting up with this type of BS …don’t be a sheep and once you get it you lose this bad taste. You’ll get the vehicle but it should not let you excuse the non existent communication from your SALES advisor, the uncertainty of deliveries.

Ordered Model Y LRAWD 05/16 from Burbank. White exterior, black rims, black interior. Currently have July7-27 has ETA. I've gotten two emails to log into make payment, but there's nothing there once I do log in. Tesla told me this is a glitch but that the "portal will be opening soon" for me. I got so excited receiving those emails. Bummer but will be worth the wait!
Just got pushed from July 5-25 to July 15-aug 5. Wondering if the same happened to you since we have the same spec and same part of the country… ordered 5/15, Los Angeles. Still no Vin….

went from July 6 no vin, fo sept. Went to the service center and they said I don’t have a car produced. So just sit and wait, have the same “response” the that I keep reading here “it’s worth the wait”.
Those that feel that it’s worth it, putting up with this type of BS …don’t be a sheep and once you get it you lose this bad taste. You’ll get the vehicle but it should not let you excuse the non existent communication from your SALES advisor, the uncertainty of deliveries.
Couldn’t agree more. My SA litterally hasnt once answered the phone, returned a phone call or text. My Sales Center doesn’t even answer the phone - it’s goes to voicemail, probably one of the busiest sales centers in the country. People don’t put up with this at this sales price typically. But they have too much demand for the cars they can produce anyways so customer service is not really a core focus for them, doesn’t have to be…

Just got pushed from July 5-25 to July 15-aug 5. Wondering if the same happened to you since we have the same spec and same part of the country… ordered 5/15, Los Angeles. Still no Vin….
I got pushed out 14 days this morning. From July 15-Aug 04 to July 29-Aug 18. For most of June, I had a mid-July date range, now it's looking like August delivery. It has been 47 days since my order. The original date was 4-12 weeks, which would be 10th August. So still in range 😂

My date moved out again. This time to aug 6- 20. Was early july most of last month. At this point being in Northern California, my guess is I will be pushed to end of qtr sept. I ordered may 25, LR, white, black int, 5 seat, tow. I am
Seeing a trend with common base orders. If you don’t get lucky with a placement you stick around, then with the price increases you are further lower in the queue as they place higher prices but Same config to newer orders , likely leaving us long time wait folks to slowly pick up rejects or lucky placement or give up and buy with new order and higher price.

My date moved out again. This time to aug 6- 20. Was early july most of last month. At this point being in Northern California, my guess is I will be pushed to end of qtr sept. I ordered may 25, LR, white, black int, 5 seat, tow. I am
Seeing a trend with common base orders. If you don’t get lucky with a placement you stick around, then with the price increases you are further lower in the queue as they place higher prices but Same config to newer orders , likely leaving us long time wait folks to slowly pick up rejects or lucky placement or give up and buy with new order and higher price.
Lol yeah my thoughts exactly. Wonder if this warrants legal action? If there is a Trend and they are filling orders as such then they’re ordering system is really misleading a lot of consumers.

Same exact thing happened to me this morning. Pushed to July 17–august 7th. I’m going to be so upset if I have to reapply for the loan and hit my credit again.

Same exact thing happened to me this morning. Pushed to July 17–august 7th. I’m going to be so upset if I have to reapply for the loan and hit my credit again.
Just go with DCU. They're quoting me 1.74% for a 65 month lease right now (1.24% if I set up direct deposit with them).
Not sure if it's allowed here, but current members can refer you and you get $20.

Go with someone other than Tesla for financing.

Last edited: