Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
🎉🎉🎉

I logged into the Tesla account. Didn't see any Tesla Vision pop-up, so naturally scrolled down to confirm my EDD. Yup, the date 9/5-9/17 still remains. And right below that? A pretty little VIN 🥳🥳🥳

VIN is 263XXX. MYLR Blue OD 5/18

I hope everyone else in west coast gets their today too!
I have the same configuration as you. OD 5/23. Today my EDD window narrowed to 9/26-30 but still no VIN.

Reactions: SimFox3
🎉🎉🎉

I logged into the Tesla account. Didn't see any Tesla Vision pop-up, so naturally scrolled down to confirm my EDD. Yup, the date 9/5-9/17 still remains. And right below that? A pretty little VIN 🥳🥳🥳

Fantastic! Congrats!!! Someone said when they see the year before model name, you have a vin. I saw this and jumped for joy! Great way to start the day.

I took the recommendation from the forum and called the delivery center to accelerate my delivery to end of day.

I hope everyone sees a VIN this weekend.

inside my September 4th-September 24th window - still no VIN
Just got back from Tesla Rocklin after no return of phone call or SA response to my text from yesterday. Ordered and completed profile 5/31. Now 96 days and no VIN. Given soft date of 9/17 for build of car and supposed VIN even though EDD says 10/2-22. We will see if I get VIN and delivery before EOQ.

Reactions: MarjLa388
Dude that's awesome!

Can anyone please tell me the number to Fremont Delivery center? I tried calling the number listed on Google, but I wasn't able to reach anyone. Would love to see if I could pick up the car today.
I got delivery from Vallejo. Google directed me to Tesla’s website. I called “service” department. Option 1, option 2
Congrats! I hope you get yours Soon! Post pictures and defects if any please so we all have an idea on what to keep our eyes open for!
Will do!!

Reactions: SimFox3
🎉🎉🎉

🎉🎉🎉

When did you got your vin?

Rocklin Tesla called, my MY was ready and I went by to pick it up Friday afternoon. There were two car carriers unloading in the street in front of the store. There were dozens of Teslas all over the parking lot and in every corner of the property. The on-site supercharger was packed. I've never seen so many Teslas in one place. The showroom has been re-stocked with MY & M3. The last time I went in July there was none in the showroom and the parking lot was empty except for a few Teslas,

Anyway, mostly smooth on the delivery. Small issue with the paperwork which was promptly corrected. The car checked out very nicely. I can't see any issues. The paint looks good, with no obvious gaps. heavy on the "New Car Smell". Loving the car drives like a dream. Took it for a long drive this morning. I am definitely going to get window tinting, and possibly something for the roof. Sun was in my eyes from the roof when I drove. Even though the glass was dark, it was annoying and I'm not going to wear a baseball cap every time I drive midday.

Now I can start buying all those accessories I wanted but stopped buying because the car wasn't coming. :)

Rocklin Tesla called, my MY was ready and I went by to pick it up Friday afternoon. There were two car carriers unloading in the street in front of the store. There were dozens of Teslas all over the parking lot and in every corner of the property. The on-site supercharger was packed. I've never seen so many Teslas in one place. The showroom has been re-stocked with MY & M3. The last time I went in July there was none in the showroom and the parking lot was empty except for a few Teslas,

Anyway, mostly smooth on the delivery. Small issue with the paperwork which was promptly corrected. The car checked out very nicely. I can't see any issues. The paint looks good, with no obvious gaps. heavy on the "New Car Smell". Loving the car drives like a dream. Took it for a long drive this morning. I am definitely going to get window tinting, and possibly something for the roof. Sun was in my eyes from the roof when I drove. Even though the glass was dark, it was annoying and I'm not going to wear a baseball cap every time I drive midday.

Now I can start buying all those accessories I wanted but stopped buying because the car wasn't coming. :)
Congratulations!! I wanted to show up
And pretend to be you - same order, may 25th and have them switch us 😀. Where is my vin dang it!!!

Reactions: MarjLa388
How did delivery at Vallejo go? That is my closest service center as well!
It was good. They did not have many vehicles on the lot. I asked them to not clean the car prior to delivery so I could get it sooner. Delivery got moved up to 5pm today. I got a text at 3pm saying it was ready.

picked it up and looks good. I don’t see any noticeable defects. I’m going to put on ceramic coating tonight in the garage so I’ll be able to see defects while working closely with it.

there did not appear to be alignment issues in steering or in body work. Car is in great condition. There is a noticeable whirring sound while driving on the highway that I did not hear on the loaner test drives. I got the plug kit to disconnect the PWS so I’ll put that in tonight too.

Tesla called an hour ago that they can deliver my car tonight!! Anyway I called them back and instead changed it to Fremont pickup.

All docs have been signed and agreed. Just waiting for the text from Tesla with the spot number.

Any ideas until what time I should wait for the text before calling back the delivery center?

Last edited: