Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla called an hour ago that they can deliver my car tonight!! Anyway I called them back and instead changed it to Fremont pickup.

All docs have been signed and agreed. Just waiting for the text from Tesla with the spot number.

Any ideas until what time I should wait for the text before calling back the delivery center?
Great news!

I just finished putting on the first of 3 coats of ceramic coating.

I started with a Opti no rinse wash. Then went over with a IPA solution to get all soap off. Just finished putting on G-Teqnique CLS light. Next up Exo V4 after this has time to cure.

Reactions: SimFox3
Great news!

I just finished putting on the first of 3 coats of ceramic coating.

I started with a Opti no rinse wash. Then went over with a IPA solution to get all soap off. Just finished putting on G-Teqnique CLS light. Next up Exo V4 after this has time to cure.
@Madsen203 Would love to see some pictures of tat white. I have a white on white coming and plan 3-4 coats of ceramic as well. Thanks!

Many vins today! Good news all around!
1AFBCAB8-0B10-4D95-A964-EA85F147BA22.jpeg

I was telling my wife how it was such an underwhelming experience to pick it up as there was no lengthy paperwork, no sales guy telling me I did the right thing, now big to-do. Just walk in and drive away. Not even a hello or congrats from anyone working inside.

I asked them to not wash it prior to delivery. I think that was a good idea. Only one or two minor scratches in the paint so I was able to ceramic coat it prior to swirl marks make their way in the paint.

7323193B-F81E-4607-9917-E8857D1D99A6.jpeg

I promptly took off the hub caps. Terrible picture but proof of concept. This was after second coat of ceramic. It looks much better now. You can see the crappy paint job Tesla did as it’s kind of splotchy when you look at it from an angle. Honestly, I don’t really care that much.
Installed the PWS isolator plugs from Abstract Ocean, mud flaps, center console trays, lug nut caps/covers, all weather floor mats, rugged trunk mat.

it’s currently charging and tomorrow we will take it out so I can teach my wife how to drive it. She’s afraid she will like it more than her car (ES350). I told her we would get a SR if she does.

Quick update. I was able to pick up the Tesla last night with my family. I got the text from Tesla Fremont at 602p that the car was ready. Other than taking a little bit time to find the car, the pickup experience was perfect.

Perfect condition Really good finish, panels look great.

The only minor issue, is that over 50 mph there is this slight vibration in the steering wheel which comes and goes every few seconds (autopilot is off). I'm not sure if it's wheel alignment or just how Tesla's are built. Can you guys please confirm?

Other than that it's perfect. I'm thinking of getting clear PPF. Any recommendations in the South Bay?

View attachment 705391
I promptly took off the hub caps. Terrible picture but proof of concept. This was after second coat of ceramic. It looks much better now. You can see the crappy paint job Tesla did as it’s kind of splotchy when you look at it from an angle. Honestly, I don’t really care that much.
Installed the PWS isolator plugs from Abstract Ocean, mud flaps, center console trays, lug nut caps/covers, all weather floor mats, rugged trunk mat.

it’s currently charging and tomorrow we will take it out so I can teach my wife how to drive it. She’s afraid she will like it more than her car (ES350). I told her we would get a SR if she does.
That looks awesome. Congrats!

That's hilarious!! So was it the exact same config I assume?! They just happened to deliver someone else's car to you?

Glad you got it all sorted out, and I very happy to see another May order delivery!!!

No change on my EDD still 9/5-9/25.it
That's hilarious!! So was it the exact same config I assume?! They just happened to deliver someone else's car to you?

Glad you got it all sorted out, and I very happy to see another May order delivery!!!

No change on my EDD still 9/5-9/25.
The VIN numbers were close to each other and yes same config. I’m so thankful the delivery folks called me and the guy figured it out because support was just going to tow the car in for service.

Quick update. I was able to pick up the Tesla last night with my family. I got the text from Tesla Fremont at 602p that the car was ready. Other than taking a little bit time to find the car, the pickup experience was perfect.

Perfect condition Really good finish, panels look great.

The only minor issue, is that over 50 mph there is this slight vibration in the steering wheel which comes and goes every few seconds (autopilot is off). I'm not sure if it's wheel alignment or just how Tesla's are built. Can you guys please confirm?

Other than that it's perfect. I'm thinking of getting clear PPF. Any recommendations in the South Bay?
Joe Torbati at OCDetailing in Fremont. He has wrapped my previous Tesla’s and is meticulous. Goes above and beyond afterwards too. They also do window tints and he can customize ie powdercoating wheels and brakes, badging, etc. has done thousands of Tesla’s.

I don’t get it, I’m getting paranoid that my order is black balled or just on hold. I go from a May 21st profile complete date. 2 trade in expires where I take it off in June. A loan expire and change it to cash in July. I’m thinking the profile is incomplete every time one of those events occurred and puts me back in the queue.
I have an October 2-22 EDD.
I’ve seen this thing always be a month out. Went from a soft date of August 18, to the 28th and now the SA just says October is probably it.

Reactions: MarjLa388