Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I ordered my Model S on the 16/08, any idea when you when think ill roughly take delivery, not sure if it makes a difference but its Grey/White 21" I cant wait to get it and considering taking one from inventory with black interior

The trouble with this is you keep the week free and then they suddenly bring it forward to surprise you - except you are out of the country. That's looking highly likely for the end of September for me. It's already happened once (I had a delivery of the 20th of August, then they tried to give me a car on the 7th and then 9th of August when I was on holiday, then they cancelled the 20th and gave my car away and sent me to the back of the queue after I had paid). If it happens again I will pull my money.

Exactly the same happened to me with not even a phone call to explain what was about to happen. Massively frustrating but I am happy to give them the leeway this tremendous company deserves. Were this a car company that had been in business for a hundred years then my response would be very different, but the passion demonstrated in this blog shows that we are all looking at our cars as something more. My view is that positive and constructive criticism to help Tesla iron out these kinks is where we should be putting our energies. And I hope that whoever is driving my original car delivered on the 9th of August (red P+ white interior) is having a ball of a time and being an ambassador for the brand.

Reactions: dpeilow
Someone needs to get laid...hahaha
Can't risk any more kids as the M3 wouldn't be big enough.. ;)

you forgot to take off Food for Staff :)
I assumed they could fish on the way...

All we can say is it contains between 0 and 5400 Tesla Model 3s :p
I suspected my first result of -36.7 was wrong.. ;)

so I think your average area is too high.
Naval Architecture is not on my CV - thanks for input!

Also you've assumed she's taken on fuel in Philadelphia, which may not be the case
Agree - the fuel to cargo ratio is staggering - based on my dubious calcs the M3 would have used approx 300 Gallons of fuel to get here

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W.
Just spoke to the new improved Tesla call centre... My car ETA 30 September is still in the US and is being shipped directly to Southamptom. The original ETA for the Southampton run was 7 October but they are doing an end of quarter rush. He believes I should have my car on the 30th - even though I'm in Edinburgh. How is that even possible but OK? He says the boat will go at 25 knots...

Just spoke to the new improved Tesla call centre... My car ETA 30 September is still in the US and is being shipped directly to Southamptom. The original ETA for the Southampton run was 7 October but they are doing an end of quarter rush. He believes I should have my car on the 30th - even though I'm in Edinburgh. How is that even possible but OK? He says the boat will go at 25 knots...

Have you already had final invoice and sorted payment with EST?

Hi guys,
Massively impressed with Tesla customer service. Called delivery GB team, picked up in 3 minutes, greeted me by my name (didn’t even want email or RN, recognised from mobile number) and told me my SC VIN car is in transit. Has left US. Expect first week of October, maybe sooner. 479*** VIN.

Sounds like your car and mine are travelling companions - trying to work out whether it just arrived in Zeebrugge (Bomar Calais) - which left Philly on the 30th (as I was told my car left on that day) - or aboard the Hoegh Oslo, which has left the US (as of yesterday). Given the 'maybe sooner' line, I'd expect it to be in the process of being extracted from it's container now, and starting the inspection/import/transit to UK process.........

Pretty sure the Model 3's do not come in on containers.

I didn't show the Tesla one to avoid causing undue distress ;)

I'd agree - except for the timing and comms, which means the Bomar Calais is the only fit from Philly to ZEE. Lines up with the calls I've had with Tesla too. It's also at the same port location as the RORO ships in ZEE right now.......about to leave again though.....

Are M3's being shipped containerized now?

No idea, it just seems likely for this particular run. It would make more sense to have waited for the Hoegh Oslo (arriving on the 18th to ZEE), rather than containerize some - but the call center have confirmed that my car left Philly on the 30th..........who knows! I figure if it's being unloaded today, then I should see my VIN move from SC in the next 48 hours or so.

Not sure if they are on here, but someone just posted this on FB. Suggesting ships from Philadelphia are going to Zeebrugge and not direct to the UK.

Hey! This was my post on the FB group and email (and can you tell how excited I was to receive it... Tinder is still open in the top left, as soon as I saw the notification I clicked to read the email and screen shotted immediately for the Facebook group ;):p) . Whilst I've been told early October, I'm hopeful that the arrival on the 18th in Zeebrugge might push them to deliver it prior to Q end, before September is out.

My car is a White on White Performance ("P+" as it was when ordered) with FSD. Ordered June 5th without reservation on a fresh account (have a MS 75D but on another account).

Looks like bribing with cake works, but I think a gentle friendly approach in emails is key. They're only human, and they'll reply personally to emails that aren't biting their heads off - Other less than nice emails might get blank template replies.

Now following the Hough Oslo on ship tracking apps :rolleyes:;)

Hey! This was my post on the FB group and email (and can you tell how excited I was to receive it... Tinder is still open in the top left, as soon as I saw the notification I clicked to read the email and screen shotted immediately for the Facebook group ;):p) . Whilst I've been told early October, I'm hopeful that the arrival on the 18th in Zeebrugge might push them to deliver it prior to Q end, before September is out.

My car is a White on White Performance ("P+" as it was when ordered) with FSD. Ordered June 5th without reservation on a fresh account (have a MS 75D but on another account).

Looks like bribing with cake works, but I think a gentle friendly approach in emails is key. They're only human, and they'll reply personally to emails that aren't biting their heads off - Other less than nice emails might get blank template replies.

Now following the Hough Oslo on ship tracking apps :rolleyes:;)

Forgot to note... VIN range is 502XXX

I’m in Edinburgh for a few days break and happened to walk past the Tesla showroom. So I nipped in and asked if they could find out when my M3 would be delivered. The bloke said he couldn’t be sure, but “strongly advised” me not to go away in the first week of October. Suppose that’s better than nothing.