Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Except that what we're seeing are some people who have never had a reservation getting delivery dates of same spec. car to a long time reservation holder. I can't see why someone who has put their £1000 down over 3 years ago shouldn't be entitled to take delivery before someone who ordered a few weeks ago if everything else is equal.

Despite what Tesla are saying, all is not equal - there is a clear bias to a specific DC. If you collect from Heathrow, you are definitely getting quicker than anywhere else! When you see some people have been waiting 3 years for their 3 and someone ordered last week gets there car before you (same spec) because they collected from a specific SC, its a kick in the balls, punch in the stomach and knee to the face (all in very close succession!).

From reading of peoples experiences on here if you order from Heathrow you're getting your vehicle quicker than any other centre.... which is a p i s s take in itself. From what I see they are delivering in excess of 100 cars a day, yet we hear very little of other SC deliveries. That in itself may be due to(a) logistics of buyers selecting Heathrow - eg more people selecting as its easier for them to get there (b) an assumption or dare I say calculation that Heathrow can pump out more cars than other SCs due to size/space/storage and delivery logistics.... but share that with us as a customer.

How about this as a model of conversation:

TESLA: Good afternoon Sir this is Mike from Tesla, we know you are awaiting your delivery of your M3 at Birmingham SC but we can get you your car tomorrow if you collect from Heathrow, or you will have to wait until middle of next month to collect from Birmingham. Would you be interested in changing your SC?
CUSTOMER: Yes, of course, thank you for this splendid news! See you tomorrow!!!

To me that is sensible customer service..... Got to give the people what they want/give the people what they need!!

• Funny
Reactions: Fullerene and RjbT3
Despite what Tesla are saying, all is not equal - there is a clear bias to a specific DC. If you collect from Heathrow, you are definitely getting quicker than anywhere else! When you see some people have been waiting 3 years for their 3 and someone ordered last week gets there car before you (same spec) because they collected from a specific SC, its a kick in the balls, punch in the stomach and knee to the face (all in very close succession!).
Got as far as ... it's THEIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Funny
Reactions: AMC7
How about this as a model of conversation:

TESLA: Good afternoon Sir this is Mike from Tesla, we know you are awaiting your delivery of your M3 at Birmingham SC but we can get you your car tomorrow if you collect from Heathrow, or you will have to wait until middle of next month to collect from Birmingham. Would you be interested in changing your SC?
CUSTOMER: Yes, of course, thank you for this splendid news! See you tomorrow!!!

To me that is sensible customer service..... Got to give the people what they want/give the people what they need!!

That would require organisation. Which Tesla seemingly don't have.

I don't care if I'd have to get the train to London. I'd happily pick up from Heathrow, or straight of the flippin' docks if it'd get the car faster.

• Love
Reactions: GreenT and AMC7
To be fair, I've seen on the FB group quite a few reports of pickups from Edinburgh, Birmingham, Leeds etc. now. I think the very first batch of 200-ish all went to West Drayton but these current cars seem to be well distributed around the country. Maybe the Londoners are just more likely to tweet/FB about it!

Despite what Tesla are saying, all is not equal - there is a clear bias to a specific DC. If you collect from Heathrow, you are definitely getting quicker than anywhere else!

Not entirely true though, as I have Heathrow and in my case still don't have any delivery date (although got a VIN in SC today) compared with somebody in Birmingham that ordered the same spec 1 month later (both no reservation) and has an Aug delivery. It seems to me that allocation is all just a bit chaotic and whilst there are factors that can go in your favour it still comes down to a bit of luck. I presume there is an element of manual work in the allocation, which is always prone to error even if they did start with good intentions.

I'm away for a week and a half in Sep, so you know what 7 day window Tesla are waiting for to confirm my delivery!

Glovis Cosmos is due into SF on the 12th, which would have it leave around the 15th, Panama around the 21st, Zeebrugge around 5th Sep. Deliveries in the UK probably sometime after (difficult to tell when until Tesla start giving people delivery windows). My guess is that things in the UK will have backed up a bit by then, so may be as late as 16th Sep onwards - hopefully sooner though.

Can't believe I am asking...…...Only ordered on the 24th July (plus ordered a tow bar) so no way will my car be on the Glovis
I wouldn't rule it out probably get yours before me. I have had a M3P+ in MSM with white interior on order since 4th June no comms whatsoever, thought it wouldn't be a rare combo. It doesn't help the wait that I drive past the Edinburgh SC everyday:(

Is the status where you essentially sit and wait this: "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment." or is mine stuck? I've got a booking invoice an order agreement and a credit note for my deposit which seems a bit weird? car is being HP'd through black horse in my limited company name. Tesla said my company had passed all the checks for that, but I've seen no finance paperwork at all, just not sure if I'm actually in the queue/chaos for delivery or not?