Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have any of the Scottish people that lost their VIN had one back? I've not, I'm wondering if they moved some cars to more southern delivery centers to squeeze them in before month end? In store I was told the 8th Oct, but I can only imagine that's gone. Makes kind of sense if they found the bandwidth somewhere else to deliver before month end, but I'm pretty peeved.

Reserved 756 days ago. Ordered 128 days ago.
No, my SC VIN has not reappeared and I would be well aggrieved if my car had been allocated to someone else to 'make up the numbers'.
I have to say, I'm giving serious thought to putting my money elsewhere... (depending on what the Tesla Delivery Team GB say).

Have any of the Scottish people that lost their VIN had one back? I've not, I'm wondering if they moved some cars to more southern delivery centers to squeeze them in before month end? In store I was told the 8th Oct, but I can only imagine that's gone. Makes kind of sense if they found the bandwidth somewhere else to deliver before month end, but I'm pretty peeved.

yes. my vin was missing for a day only. same vin came back

Have any of the Scottish people that lost their VIN had one back?

My first final invoice (issued 27th August had 30th September noted as delivery, now on my 3rd invoice (due to requested revision to suit EST) issued 11th Sept and its now showing as 9th October scheduled delivery. VIN in SC has disappeared, but is still the same on the recent invoice. I was quite convinced mine was on the Sunlight (told over the phone from Tesla sales in Edi that it had 'left America' - this before the Hoegh Oslo had actually departed port) but now not so sure.

My first final invoice (issued 27th August had 30th September noted as delivery, now on my 3rd invoice (due to requested revision to suit EST) issued 11th Sept and its now showing as 9th October scheduled delivery. VIN in SC has disappeared, but is still the same on the recent invoice. I was quite convinced mine was on the Sunlight (told over the phone from Tesla sales in Edi that it had 'left America' - this before the Hoegh Oslo had actually departed port) but now not so sure.

I've had 3 invoices as well -

1st said 25th Sep delivery, 2nd said 25th Sept delivery, 3rd to suit EST as well, said 1st October.

However scheduled delivery appointment in now 23rd at 1pm.

Just need EST lot to transfer the cash now. They've had the updated invoice since 4th September and signed forms since 25th August.

1st said 25th Sep delivery, 2nd said 25th Sept delivery, 3rd to suit EST as well, said 1st October.

Just need EST lot to transfer the cash now. They've had the updated invoice since 4th September and signed forms since 25th August.
Can you lot stop hogging all the invoices...I haven't had anything yet!

Just managed to get through on the normal number in 5 minutes...which was nice.

I was told the usual line it seems every is being told of 1st week in October. However I pushed and asked when the car left SFO and was told mid August...which would fit with the glovis cosmos (left SFO on the 14th(or worst case the sunlight).

Does anyone have a clue about how long whatever it is they do in Zeebrugge takes?

they emailed me yesterday saying the next payment run is Tuesday 17 September

My SC VIN is 524xxx ordered 7th July. M3P+ blue/white with delivery to Birmingham SC.
When I phoned at the beginning of the week been told first week in October. However the chap more or less said it would be on the Hoeg Oslo due in to Zeebrugge on 18th.
I suspect that Zeebrugge will turn things around very quickly as they have the Courage arriving the following day. The hold up is likely to be the distribution from the UK port (Grimsby) to the SC. Here's hoping for the end of the month though. Anyone know if they send out cars on a Sunday?

I phoned today (13th) and asked what was going on... I'm being told that the vehicle VIN I was allocated appears to have been incorrect and that it should have been allocated to someone near Heathrow... However, I was offered the opportunity of picking up from there - I don't think so!
The upshot of all this, is that unless someone cancels their appointment slot with my spec of car in September - which I would then receive intsead, it looks like I'll be waiting until mid October for delivery.
Lastly, this sorry tale may also apply to other 'Scottish' customers whose VIN's have also disappeared recently...
A very unhappy camper.