TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

More Uk-bound Ships?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by ACarneiro, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Mr Miserable

Mr Miserable Member

The Glovis Sunlight will stop briefly off Brixham tomorrow (Thursday).

Sorry if that's off topic....

• Funny x 3
  2. electricspace

electricspace Member

Don’t worry buddy. I’m just like you. I feel you anguish. We can high five if we take delivery in the same group and know it was worth it.
    My dad took delivery of his a week ago and says it’s worth it (for what it’s worth to you, coming from him!).

3. NorfolkMustard

In contrast, my first hidden VIN appeared tonight. So that's all good then.

4. NorfolkMustard

This is normal, because Model 3 cars aren't made to order, they're made in batches. Until a batch of cars is matchable (that's a word), they aren't assigned to anyone. You may get matched as it leaves port in 'merica, as it arrives in Zeebrugge, or when they arrive in Blighty. You may get matched a month, or 2 days before delivery.

'citing

5. Mr Miserable

Mr Miserable Member

The folks at Zeebrugge are going to have their hands full when the Hoegh Oslo pitches up on the 18th and then the very next day the Glovis Courage arrives.
    I suspect there will not be a lot of charging going on, so expect some low charge states on delivery.

• Informative x 2
  6. LeDave

LeDave New Member

I wonder what was your last 2 digits, I just got assigned my first VIN tonight 4728xx

7. JohnnyMiller

JohnnyMiller Member

8. LeDave

LeDave New Member

That’s mine! Wow I ordered on the 2nd of September and I just received a call to collect it tomorrow!!! Only kidding :) vin is different, reservation order, previous owner and no delivery date yet

• Funny x 1
  9. Martin3Martin

Martin3Martin New Member

Thanks a lot.

10. Mr Miserable

Mr Miserable Member

The Glovis Sunlight now pulling up off Brixham - Next stop Zeebrugge in the wee small hours tomorrow.

11. phillcom3

phillcom3 Member

is brixham for a pilot ? I don't see what it can be doing there?

12. andyfox

andyfox Member

I believe so. All of the other ships have stopped in Torbay area to pick up channel pilots.

13. phillcom3

phillcom3 Member

always wonder how one even gets into a job like that :s

14. ME_UK

ME_UK Member

I'd guess it's a precursor to getting it finalised - although strangely my SC VIN is still present - maybe our cars are now on separate tracks from ZEE to UK after spending time together at the factory, on the road to Philly and on the boat!

15. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

You do a few years as a captain or first officer and then get sick of being away from the family for weeks (seriously, a couple of friends got into it that way).

16. Bezza4

Bezza4 Member

I suspect mine is on one of these. Do they do the PDI at Zeebrugge too, so when they arrive at the DL they are largely ready to go out to customers?

I've been told I am scheduled for the first week of Oct, but they will likely try and push to get it out by the end of the month. Doesn't sound like a lot of time between that and arriving at Zeebrugge.

17. Artiste

Artiste Member

Well an “estimated delivery date 2019-09” has appeared in my source code, so I’m hoping that’s progress.

18. Jonslatt

Jonslatt Member

I am glad that Zeebrugge port hasn't got live webcams similar to the Panama Canal. I would be glued to the screen for hours watching them unloading cars and trying to spot my spec. Just out of interest does anyone know how they get from Zeebrugge to the UK? Channel Tunnel?

• Like x 1
  19. AndrewR

AndrewR Member

I believe so yes, or at least they are on car transporters rather than on a Ro-Ro ferry

20. phillcom3

phillcom3 Member

Which but if source code?