TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

More Uk-bound Ships?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by ACarneiro, Jun 20, 2019.

1. welshdragon

welshdragon Member

Go into the source code and search for 'estimated delivery' (ctrl-f).

I recently talked to the delivery people (11th) and they said that my SR+ (white with black interior and tow bar) was on a train to Philadelphia pulling in that day. If you look at Philadelphia harbour on Free AIS Ship Tracking of Marine Traffic - VesselFinder you can see that the only vehicle carrier in the harbour is the Honor. I think I'm going to be tracking this lovely vessel from now on.

2. Mr Miserable

Mr Miserable Member

I believe the Model 3s are shipped to Grimsby and Sheerness.

3. ivangr

ivangr Member

my vin has returned. same one. what a time to be alive.

• Like x 2
  4. ThrustSSC

ThrustSSC Member

When I was a child my next-door-but-one neighbour was the Chief Pilot of the docks at Barrow - where they build warships and submarines - and as Vickers Choice Pilot was in charge of all the launches (they did it properly in those days, with slipways and a big splash - none of this shiplift nonsense they have now!).

He joined Trinity House (who run the pilots) from the Merchant Navy - during his time in which he'd been a captain in the war on convoy duties, had been sunk by U-boats twice, and had developed the most amazing people skills. He was the best neighbour one could ever have!

As a boy aged about 9 he took me with him on the pilot boat (which managed the launches) to watch HMS Sceptre (last of the Swiftsure class of submarines) come down the slipway.

I love telling people that my next-door-but-one neighbour launched the Invincible. Never let anyone tell you that was the Queen - it wasn't, it was Archie Macdonald!

My son is called Archie...

• Like x 3
  5. p_iv

p_iv Member

Honor seems unlikely as it's under different ownership to the previous ship and is moored in a different part of the port... but then I guess there's no guarantees this will be consistent I suppose!

6. AndrewR

AndrewR Member

I would say that is highly unlikely as that ship is in Port Richmond rather than Philadelphia

7. welshdragon

welshdragon Member

I have looked and its the only car carrier in the port, others in the area are either going the wrong way or are a fair distance away. I hadn't heard that they were using trains to move the cars accross country, so that was a surprise when they said the tracking info had it on a train!

8. AndrewR

AndrewR Member

But it’s not at Philadelphia, it’s at Richmond which is a totally different port.

9. MaDProFF

MaDProFF Member

If they are being shipped across the states on car transporters, and then they are shipped on car transporters from BEZEE to the UK through the tunnel, no wonder they are full of chips and dodgy paint work.

• Like x 1
  10. phillcom3

phillcom3 Member

FYI iv had a tour through Barrow as a prize post my apprenticeship in bae.

• Like x 1
  11. BelfastEV

BelfastEV Member

If I have been moved from the 16th Oct to 9th Oct collection what vessel am I on ?? And is there a chance I’m squeezed into end of Sept to make the Q3 delivery numbers ?

12. MaDProFF

MaDProFF Member

There are a lot of vehicle carriers in Zeebrugge atm

13. AndrewR

AndrewR Member

Difficult to say, there are 3 ships due to arrive in September in under a week on 13th, 18th, 19th. Realistically you could be on any of them

14. Epico

Epico Member

Including the sunlight which docked this morning...they all seem to be clustering around her, roll off one, straight onto another?

15. Avendit

Avendit Member

Have any of the Scottish people that lost their VIN had one back? I've not, I'm wondering if they moved some cars to more southern delivery centers to squeeze them in before month end? In store I was told the 8th Oct, but I can only imagine that's gone. Makes kind of sense if they found the bandwidth somewhere else to deliver before month end, but I'm pretty peeved.

Reserved 756 days ago. Ordered 128 days ago.

16. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

I was also told I have a Oct 9th collection and the car left the US on the 10th (which makes it the Hoegh Oslo). I was also told it is 99% likely my delivery will be brought forward to September.

• Like x 1
  17. p_iv

p_iv Member

Asian Dynasty has tied up at pier 122 Philadelphia. Interesting to see where she goes next...

18. Epico

Epico Member

Does it have shoulder pads?

• Funny x 3
  19. AndrewR

AndrewR Member

Just got my provisional delivery date of 8th October from Tesla Cambridge, say it *may* be pulled forward but unlikely.

20. Jonslatt

Jonslatt Member