Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does it have shoulder pads?

giphy%2B%252813%2529.gif

I phoned today (13th) and asked what was going on... I'm being told that the vehicle VIN I was allocated appears to have been incorrect and that it should have been allocated to someone near Heathrow... However, I was offered the opportunity of picking up from there - I don't think so!
The upshot of all this, is that unless someone cancels their appointment slot with my spec of car in September - which I would then receive intsead, it looks like I'll be waiting until mid October for delivery.
Lastly, this sorry tale may also apply to other 'Scottish' customers whose VIN's have also disappeared recently...
A very unhappy camper.
Looks like I'm in the same proverbial boat! White Performance, white interior ordered in Edinburgh. Had hidden VIN until a couple of days ago and expect that it's been allocated to someone closer to port. Logistically makes sense given the quarter end push where saving a day on deliveries can make a difference when talking thousands of cars. Will be royally pissed off if I don't get my car soon though!

Looks like I'm in the same proverbial boat! White Performance, white interior ordered in Edinburgh. Had hidden VIN until a couple of days ago and expect that it's been allocated to someone closer to port. Logistically makes sense given the quarter end push where saving a day on deliveries can make a difference when talking thousands of cars. Will be royally pissed off if I don't get my car soon though!
If its a shuffle of a few days I don't really care. If this results in another 6 week wait I'll be incredibly sad.

128 days since I ordered now. Damn towbar.

Reactions: Sirricardo
If its a shuffle of a few days I don't really care. If this results in another 6 week wait I'll be incredibly sad.

128 days since I ordered now. Damn towbar.
The impression that I got today, was one of more than a reshuffle, at least for me anyway... They also suggested that they had been having problems with their 'system', which had been allocating cars but was not taking cognisance of customer priority... However, that may have just been an excuse, as I know there is human intervention in their processes, etc...
So, I'm now paying the price for rejecting my first offer of a car mid-August; I decided I wanted a 69 plate as it would make more financial sense on the resale value...

Autostar just about to dock at Southampton (bringing over vehicles from Glovis Sunlight in Zeebrugge).

Vessel details for: AUTOSTAR (Vehicles Carrier) - IMO 9206786, MMSI 255801540, Call Sign CQQC Registered in Portugal | AIS Marine Traffic
Do we think they have had enough time to get them off...do whatever they need and reload. Only curious as I am 99% certain my car was on the cosmos which docked 9 days ago and I've not heard anything about delivery yet...so are they still working the cosmos backlog?

My SC VIN is 524xxx ordered 7th July. M3P+ blue/white with delivery to Birmingham SC.
When I phoned at the beginning of the week been told first week in October. However the chap more or less said it would be on the Hoeg Oslo due in to Zeebrugge on 18th.
I suspect that Zeebrugge will turn things around very quickly as they have the Courage arriving the following day. The hold up is likely to be the distribution from the UK port (Grimsby) to the SC. Here's hoping for the end of the month though. Anyone know if they send out cars on a Sunday?

Ordered 21 July, Invoice VIN 524, race ya!

Vessel details for: AUTOPREMIER (Vehicles Carrier) - IMO 9131943, MMSI 255801550, Call Sign CQQD Registered in Portugal | AIS Marine Traffic

Autopremier just set sail for Grimsby. Gets in early hours of tomorrow morning. Capacity 1200 cars if full. Hopefully between this and Autostar there should be nearly 2500 cars hit the U.K. this weekend . Just hope the land car transporters can keep up. Happy to collect mine from Grimsby if needs be though.

@Obliter8. See you in Brum alongside @VSSThrust and @stuff

• Informative
Reactions: stuff and anon37485
Vessel details for: AUTOPREMIER (Vehicles Carrier) - IMO 9131943, MMSI 255801550, Call Sign CQQD Registered in Portugal | AIS Marine Traffic

Autopremier just set sail for Grimsby. Gets in early hours of tomorrow morning. Capacity 1200 cars if full. Hopefully between this and Autostar there should be nearly 2500 cars hit the U.K. this weekend . Just hope the land car transporters can keep up. Happy to collect mine from Grimsby if needs be though.

@Obliter8. See you in Brum alongside @VSSThrust and @stuff

Wow 2500 cars seems a whole load of cars, I’m not overly expectant that I will be in one of them though... I have only word from the lease co for end “Sept early Oct” but as mine is a plain vanilla white SR+ black interior I am always hopeful so fingers are crossed! Especially as from what people are saying there is a big push for the end of the month. Though some have been waiting so patiently for what feel like eternity!

Good luck to all and hope you are in one soon.

Reactions: Roy W.