Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time listener, first time caller....

Hidden VIN appeared for me for the first time in the last 12 hours. I think I've read here that they are assigned when loaded onto a ship (in the US?!) which doesn't square with the idea that nothing else is on the way from US at the current time/before later in October. Unless I'm about to be offered a cancellation.

(P+, Red/White, Standard AP, No Tow-bar - no reservation, ordered via lease 13th August)

....and hello to Jason Isaacs

I think I may be missing the reference here. But hi anyway :)

Ha ha! It was worth a shot. I thought you were a regular Kermode and Mayo Film Review listener on Radio 5 Live from the 'long time listener....' thing but evidently not. That kind of backfired!

I'll get back in me box ;-)

Incidentally, in the future, if Tesla continues its march, the phrase 'well that backfired' may become redundant but I digress.

Its expected that ship is for other RHD markets such as Japan/Aus/NZ

I've been periodically checking up on this. So, apparently this ship (Ocean Glory) is moored at the pier used by Tesla, and there were reportedly a few hundred RHD cars waiting there.

However: It's a container ship, and there hasn't been any loading activity witnessed, nor have any empty containers arrived.

The person who reported this originally on Twitter posted an update:
"Pier 80 SFO. Deliveries continue, slow at the moment. No observable loading preparations. More later."

There was a suggestion that this ship might be entirely unrelated to the Tesla cars - possibly just some shipping being carried out by the pier operator.

As it seems like there are gradually more cars arriving it could be that Tesla are just preparing the next batch to send off, ready for when a different ship arrives (possibly the Grand Dahlia due to arrive at SFO on 2nd October, or the Grand Pioneer due 9th October.)

Ocean Glory:
- Cargo/container ship
- Arrived at pier 80 on 21st September
- Departed for Longview last night after being accompanied by two tug boats
- Suggestion on Twitter that it may have been carrying out pier repairs

I've seen K.Asian Beauty mentioned on Twitter:
- Vehicle carrier
- Departed Hueneme on 25th September
- Destined for San Francisco with ETA of 26th September
- Ended up going to Benicia on 26th September
- Set off toward San Francisco on 27th September
- Arrived at San Francisco anchorage a couple of hours later
- Visited by a pilot boat
- Has remained at the anchorage since then

There was a ship labelled "TBD" on San Francisco port authority website, expected at pier 80 on 26th September. Possibly this would be the above ship which appears to have been delayed by a few days due to whatever Ocean Glory needed to do. Tesla must've been causing a lot of wear and tear on the pier :D

K.Asian Beauty visited by a pilot boat last night and shortly after was joined by a couple of tug boats. Now moored at pier 80.
Next destination however is Korea, which may be incorrect as the cars seen at the pier are RHD. Either that or it's stopping off on the way to somewhere else (e.g. Japan).

Figaro currently heading from Zeebrugge to Southampton (arriving sometime this evening.) Unsure of relevance as I've not seen this one mentioned anywhere so far.

Grand Dahlia is expected in San Francisco on 2nd October. Making its way toward Benicia currently (which is where K.Asian Beauty was before San Francisco)

Grand Pioneer is expected in San Francisco on 9th October. Currently heading for Canada.

Figaro currently heading from Zeebrugge to Southampton (arriving sometime this evening.) Unsure of relevance as I've not seen this one mentioned anywhere so far.

Figaro very unlikely to have Teslas onboard. Originated from wrong dock at Zeebrugge and all RHD stock will have been delivered by Hoegh Oslo in order to be included in the quarterly sales period.

IMHO the next ship to UK won't be here until early Nov. I assume post-Brexit (maybe) deliveries will be to Southampton but no guarantee that it will be the first stop. (Hoegh Oslo offloaded in Zeebrugge first).

Reactions: Roy W.
Ah, I wasn't sure which dock they come from in Zeebrugge. Familiar with the San Francisco pier now though at least!

I remember reading that a few people were told they would be getting their cars in the early part of October (even after many people had their appointments brought forward into September) though it seems more likely if they are sending further ships from San Francisco that it'll be mid-October - e.g.:

Sam on Twitter

If that's true, I reckon it'll be Grand Dahlia bringing them across.

• Informative
Reactions: Andy_T_73
Ah, I wasn't sure which dock they come from in Zeebrugge. Familiar with the San Francisco pier now though at least!

I remember reading that a few people were told they would be getting their cars in the early part of October (even after many people had their appointments brought forward into September) though it seems more likely if they are sending further ships from San Francisco that it'll be mid-October - e.g.:

Sam on Twitter

If that's true, I reckon it'll be Grand Dahlia bringing them across.

i was told a bout a week and a half ago ow that I should await the next ship due in 2 weeks.. BS in my opinion but yeh.

before that iw as told that I would be driving by late September EARLY October. which means this next fortnight again BS. if they just said expect the car after November then fine I wouldn't be Pissed off as that was back in july! its the getting hopes up that's the issue I am having , its not good for an autistic and his stress levels.

There is the possibility that Tesla may ship direct from the east coast again. However, those cars will be produced from today onwards and so it will be at least 10 days before sufficiently large numbers are accumulated at the port to warrant loading and another 9 days at sea. I just can't see where this mid October delivery is coming from - I suspect it doesn't exist.
I can envisage a situation where in about 2 weeks time vehicles having being loaded on to a ship will have their VINs released for allocation but that date is far from arriving into the UK

The lady from Tesla I spoke to today pretty much told me to forget the early/mid October estimate i’d been given. It will be end of October or more likely November.

Ouch.

1st November will be 6 months from my original order date of 1st May.

I might need a break from the forums, Facebook and the VIN page - if just to try and protect a modicum of my mental health.

Thank god for Evezy. It has at least taken the stress out of getting rid of my current car (which was a lease that went back mid-June)

• Funny
Reactions: Fly.guy and Roy W.
The lady from Tesla I spoke to today pretty much told me to forget the early/mid October estimate i’d been given. It will be end of October or more likely November.

Ouch.

I might need a break from the forums, Facebook and the VIN page - if just to try and protect a modicum of my mental health.

Thank god for Evezy. It has at least taken the stress out of getting rid of my current car (which was a lease that went back mid-June)
That dreaded tow hitch :mad:

Ouch.

Yeah looking at the shipping schedules it woulden't even be possible to get them here for mid October even if they wanted to and pulled out all the stops.

And there was me thinking most people ordering before me (my order went through 9th August, Standard Plus, White, No mods) already had their M3s. I wonder how many are in the current waiting list.

Setting my sites on first week or two of November at the very earliest.

*Sigh*