Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mustang Mach-E Gets Great Reviews = Model 3 Challenger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All the MME fanboys on the macheforum are viewing this as a huge success!

They are definitely quite a bunch over there. They say that we are ridiculous. Well...So much misinformation about Tesla. I noticed at least one Mach E owner that also owns a Tesla who was fighting the Tesla FUD over there.

But as far as these numbers go, I prefer to not make judgment until we know production is fully ramped. Right now itā€™s too early to judge especially with supply chain issues. I just find it odd when Ford says they are ā€œsold outā€. What does that mean exactly? Does that mean 50k for the year?

Reactions: geekfam
All the MME fanboys on the macheforum are viewing this as a huge success!

I think I know what happened with the increase in hybrid model sales of Ford. They experience a shortage of electronic components and slowed down the production. When availability of non-hybrid models of F-150 got a hit, people started to grab everything they can including hybrids, so of course the volume sale of hybrids have increased for now until the dealerships run out of hybrid models too.

The more EVs sell, the better for the industry as a whole, so it's good the MME is selling well. When the honeymoon is over though, we'll see how Ford handles the avalanche of crap that's going to come their way when their customers rack up more miles and the initial unfixed problems become more widespread.

The one thing I want Tesla to learn from the Mach E is the screen behind the steering wheel. That's where vehicle information goes! I know they are trying to be minimalistic but this is a little too far. really appreciate Ford putting that screen behind the steering wheel. Wish Tesla would do the same
How long do you drive your Model 3/Y? Also, have you been in a Toyota Prius or some Scion xB cars? After driving my M3 for nearly 2 years, I consider every other car interior busy and obsolete; too many unnecessary buttons, switches, etc. - very annoying and confusing.

The one thing I want Tesla to learn from the Mach E is the screen behind the steering wheel. That's where vehicle information goes! I know they are trying to be minimalistic but this is a little too far. really appreciate Ford putting that screen behind the steering wheel. Wish Tesla would do the same
I'm not sure if you've driven a mach-e, but the steering wheel blocks the left and right side of the information screen, depending on where you put your hands on the wheel, some more information is hidden. When copilot is enabled the odometer is moved the right, and most of the time the display has a picture of a car with a hideous blue rectangle in front of it. While I agree it could be useful, Ford has not made it useful in the slightest. I prefer no display behind the wheel like in the Model 3/Y.

I'm interested to seeing how the Ionic 5 or EV6 does this, but like the rest of the user interface in the Ford, this is a horrible execution.

Last edited:
I don't know if you own a model 3 / Y or not, but the center screen location becomes second nature after a short while. I do not miss the traditional position at all. I think the older folks among us may tend to prefer it as they've been used to it for so long and are more resistant to change. It's probably one of the reasons they kept it for the S an X. The demographic that can usually afford those vehicles tend to not accept change very easily.

And I don't quite buy the 'cost savings' reason put out by some. The cost of adding a behind the screen cluster could have easily been wrapped into the price of the 3 or Y and not affect sales. I think it's more the overall 'minimalist tech' theme of these cars which are more appealing to a younger crowd.

Last edited:
This aspect of my Model 3 was something that I was quite apprehensive about before I bought it. But I was committed to going electric and Tesla seemed like the best choice overall, so I went ahead while being prepared to be permanently annoyed by Tesla's design choice.

In actual practice, I got used to the Model 3 offset screen after about three days of driving, and quickly afterwards came to prefer it - far prefer it. I had not realized until driving with Tesla's different design approach how limiting it is to have the display squashed and partially blocked from view in the space behind the steering wheel and to have control buttons, knobs and levers all over the place. I still have to drive ICE cars with standard displays and controls occasionally and I find that I really dislike it.

nope. drove a S for 9 years and a 3 for 1 1/2
3 layout is superior

is it inappropriate to say 'ok Boomer'? :rolleyes:

Interesting videos. Looks like a fine product from Ford. Some things still to be ironed out, especially with the software, but the vehicle seems good overall.

One little thing that didn't like is the metal knob stuck on the surface of the control screen. I know that this is a minor quibble, and maybe it works well functionally, but visually I find it extremely jarring every time I look at it.

I also dislike the charge ports. So clunky compared to Tesla's. That is more of an industry standard issue, rather than Ford's issue, but I wish that Tesla's approach had become the industry standard. As also noted in the videos, the non-Tesla charging infrastructure still needs development. I imagine that will start to improve fairly quickly, although the variety of different approaches taken by various different companies providing charging for non-Tesla vehicles means that how well that they work with a particular vehicle might be unpredictable.

I am not going to sell my Model 3 to buy an MME, but I do think that Ford is taking electric vehicle development seriously and have put out a worthwhile initial long-range EV.

Last edited:
Religion of Ford Mach-E.
MachEForum has just published a well-prepared though nowhere else published story (I guess the forum member works for Ford) of a person converting from Tesla to Mach-E and how 6 Ford managers have helped the guy to find the Mach-E of his dream. This marketing approach is SO much similar to Christian stories of Atheists becoming Christians that I can't help but see a striking similarity to religion.

Reactions: SO16 and T3SLAROD