Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My CPO buying experience timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pulled my trigger 5/10! My advisor (FL) was very helpful and responsive to my emails. Max 24 hours (although im sure if i needed something right away i could have called him). Made me feel very good about the deposit. Never felt like I need to jump on my deal. Very smooth. He then "introduced me" to me DS and the DS introduced himself quick as well. Even got some exterior pictures fairly quick. I mentioned my deadline for financing (so that I don't have to redo the application as I hate running my credit) and they mentioned trying to get it within the 45 days. Even if the process exceeds that for unseen circumstances I'm happy they even considered trying.

I was told the typical 4-6 weeks, but have not asked for a more firm date. I may closer to my loan check deadline just so I know what I'm working with on that end. I've had several follow ups from the local sales team after my test drive to help me with the inspection of my trade in as well as the Advisor and DS have been giving me info about it and the process.

So far I am very pleased as well! I plan on adding a discussion about my process too. Seems line a lot of horrible CPO stories, and I feel the positive ones (which I hope mine continues to be) helps grow the sales of Teslas and offset some of the negative stories (which are just as important to share)

Keep us posted! Seems like a lot of us are in that May trigger eagerly waiting!

Quick question, are you still 5/6 on your completion? (assuming you completed all steps other than "credit application received")
Thought I'd answer this even though not for me. I'm at 4/6, with " received info" for my trade and insurance missing (since I don't update insurance until I go to pick up anyway.

I have received two "Vehicle: In Transit" emails advising me to update my registration in MyTesla although I updated that before I even got the first.

I pulled my trigger 5/10! My advisor (FL) was very helpful and responsive to my emails. Max 24 hours (although im sure if i needed something right away i could have called him). Made me feel very good about the deposit. Never felt like I need to jump on my deal. Very smooth. He then "introduced me" to me DS and the DS introduced himself quick as well. Even got some exterior pictures fairly quick. I mentioned my deadline for financing (so that I don't have to redo the application as I hate running my credit) and they mentioned trying to get it within the 45 days. Even if the process exceeds that for unseen circumstances I'm happy they even considered trying.

I was told the typical 4-6 weeks, but have not asked for a more firm date. I may closer to my loan check deadline just so I know what I'm working with on that end. I've had several follow ups from the local sales team after my test drive to help me with the inspection of my trade in as well as the Advisor and DS have been giving me info about it and the process.

So far I am very pleased as well! I plan on adding a discussion about my process too. Seems line a lot of horrible CPO stories, and I feel the positive ones (which I hope mine continues to be) helps grow the sales of Teslas and offset some of the negative stories (which are just as important to share)

Keep us posted! Seems like a lot of us are in that May trigger eagerly waiting!

Congrats!! Seems like you've had more and positive interactions with your advisor and DS as well. Since you've gotten exterior pics already, I'm assuming the vehicle you're getting is local at your pickup SvC?

Some of the horror stories put me off before I finally pulled the trigger but there were some that went well also. What I gleaned from all those stories basically helped set expectations. Hopefully there will be more positive datapoints such as ours going forward.

I looked at buying new/inventory, but I wouldn't be able to use the full tax credit with my other credits and there are no surpercharges in my city, and I rarely but maybe once a year road trip. Although having it free on general is nice, def wasn't a must have or even better to have for me

Yeah, I went from an 85 to 75 and lost a few options; but after tax credit, the price is nearly the same. Although they have shown SC use to have minimal cost when paying, the FUSC is very appealing and hard to resist.

Wow, nice. I thought about going this route as well and probably would have had the FUSC was in place. But for all that I would get on a new car would be at about 30k more plus the drop to 75kw battery. Congrats again. Do you have a delivery date set yet or do they have work to do to make it delivery-ready?

Reactions: hitparader
5/25 14:30 EDT - messaged DS on any updates
5/25 15:00 EDT - received acknowledgement from DS to follow up
5/25 16:00 EDT - received message from DS that the refurb team are still awaiting parts/components from California, while at the same time saying that should still be ready in original timeframe (deadline 6/13)
5/25 20:00 EDT - messaged DS on what are the parts and components that are being replaced/refurbed
5/26 09:00 EDT - message DS and advisor that I need the MV agreement/PO for my loan provider
5/26 16:30 EDT - received message from DS that he'll send over EOD
5/26 16:40 EDT - received message from DS with the agreement/PO

Wow, nice. I thought about going this route as well and probably would have had the FUSC was in place. But for all that I would get on a new car would be at about 30k more plus the drop to 75kw battery. Congrats again. Do you have a delivery date set yet or do they have work to do to make it delivery-ready?

Should be sometime next week, it has to come from Ohio and go through a destination inspection. Looks like yours is coming along nicely as well!! I'm still waiting on the MVA, but I'd like to see a detailed purchase order sometime soon to see the breakdown. Curious, is your 30 day financing window closing before 6/12?

5/25 14:30 EDT - messaged DS on any updates
5/25 15:00 EDT - received acknowledgement from DS to follow up
5/25 16:00 EDT - received message from DS that the refurb team are still awaiting parts/components from California, while at the same time saying that should still be ready in original timeframe (deadline 6/13)
5/25 20:00 EDT - messaged DS on what are the parts and components that are being replaced/refurbed
5/26 09:00 EDT - message DS and advisor that I need the MV agreement/PO for my loan provider
5/26 16:30 EDT - received message from DS that he'll send over EOD
5/26 16:40 EDT - received message from DS with the agreement/PO

T
When did you end up finding out about parts needed? My DS has been excellent with constant communication, but nothing about parts (which would be applicable if mine didn't need any). We did start working on finalizing my trade in. Everything is ready to go as far as paperwork so far.

Should be sometime next week, it has to come from Ohio and go through a destination inspection. Looks like yours is coming along nicely as well!! I'm still waiting on the MVA, but I'd like to see a detailed purchase order sometime soon to see the breakdown. Curious, is your 30 day financing window closing before 6/12?

I didn't apply for any financing until 5/17 based on the stories and ETA on delivery. But I applied with Tesla and got a Chase Bank approval good for 30 days at 2.49%. I also applied with DCU to get a 1.74% rate but that has a 45 day lock. If all goes well, delivery should fall into any of those. Crossing my fingers as I don't want any more hits on the credit score.

T
When did you end up finding out about parts needed? My DS has been excellent with constant communication, but nothing about parts (which would be applicable if mine didn't need any). We did start working on finalizing my trade in. Everything is ready to go as far as paperwork so far.

I haven't heard anything with regards to what is to be refurb'd. Still waiting to hear but since it was just before the holiday weekend, it could be understandable. I'm sure my anxiety will skyrocket once I get back stateside and all I will think about is taking delivery. Note: Take at least a 2 week vacation after ordering a Tesla so as to take mind off the anticipation/expectation.

Reactions: ChrgdTeCHick
I haven't heard anything with regards to what is to be refurb'd. Still waiting to hear but since it was just before the holiday weekend, it could be understandable. I'm sure my anxiety will skyrocket once I get back stateside and all I will think about is taking delivery. Note: Take at least a 2 week vacation after ordering a Tesla so as to take mind off the anticipation/expectation.
Yes. I took a one week only vacation and when I got back felt like nothing had moved :)

Since others are joining with their timelines, I figured I'd add mine also. I took the CPO plunge after sitting in the sideline for years.

5/19 - ordered CPO (2016 90D, SAS, PUP, pano)
5/19 - heard from CPO Advisor confirming he'd received the order (he and I had already been in contact so we had a cadence established). He gave me the 4-6 week timeline, but since the car is in CA and I'm in GA, said it could be a little longer. I knew this going in, so no surprises.
5/25 - Advisor lets me know the inspection is done in CA and car is ready to send (it only had 5,700 miles so sounds like not much was needed). Said it could be another week or two before it gets loaded on a truck.
5/26 - Advisor texts me pics of car - looks great - and lets me know the car is being loaded the next day (5/27). He cautioned that it is still coming cross country and he's not sure of the route, but the fact that it was only one week from order to being in the truck is pretty great. He still doesn't have the list of what was fixed, though.

And now, as a wise man once said, the waiting is the hardest part.

How about those automated emails from Tesla? I get excited for a few as it opens to see of its an update on delivery date, and remember all of these have been automated. Then it reminds me of the features I didn't go with, like autopilot. :rolleyes:Mine was pre AP, so this is most certainly auto-send.

I'm surprised though, you would think it wouldn't send unless you ordered specific options like this.

I expected the wait, hasn't been long so no complaints. But someone who gets buyers remorse with EVERYthing, the wait is certainly making me have the worst buyers remorse ever, and I haven't even paid for it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170530-143421~01.png
    Screenshot_20170530-143421~01.png
    848.2 KB · Views: 136