Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My CPO buying experience timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I applied because my CU had told me there wasn't a timeline. Because of that, I did it already because I wanted to make sure I got approved (credit in the mid 800's). I felt I could but I didn't want to assume approval just in case since it was a way higher car loan than I had gotten before. Oh well... Inquiries drop off in two years at least.

5/30 - Holy bleep! Just got a text from my advisor that the car arrived in Decatur today! That's 11 days (including two weekends and Memorial Day) from clicking "BUY" on the website to the car traveling 2,100 miles across the country and arriving at the SC here in metro Atlanta. I asked the CPO Advisor if that's a record and he said "sometimes we get lucky."

It still has to go through the local inspection as well, but I need to get the electrician to my house ASAP to install the wall charger. I thought I had weeks to get this done!

Just got the email that the car is ready for pick-up. Unfortunately, I'm out of town this week so cannot get to it until next week. Assuming there are no major issues at delivery, this overall process has been great. I ordered the car from across the country on 5/19 and it theoretically is ready for delivery on 6/8 (that's the first appointment they offered). That's just a hair under 3 weeks.

Reactions: ChrgdTeCHick
Just got the email that the car is ready for pick-up. Unfortunately, I'm out of town this week so cannot get to it until next week. Assuming there are no major issues at delivery, this overall process has been great. I ordered the car from across the country on 5/19 and it theoretically is ready for delivery on 6/8 (that's the first appointment they offered). That's just a hair under 3 weeks.
That is awesome!!!
This week is my 3rd week waiting so maybe by Thursday I send an email just to see where I stand. I so hope I can get it in 3 weeks. Not sure how much I can wait

That's great!! I thought mine would be quick from the initial info and the communication I was getting. I'm now in the "should have information by the end of the day" in the last 2-3 weeks... Still within the initial window but being told I'd have something that day and when I ask a few days later when I didn't get anything and get "should have something today" again isn't my cup-o-tea....

Holy smokes...that's tremendous!!That's the kind of surprise I was hoping for when I ordered mine and had a pre-order vacation planned 3 weeks later as well. Alas, looks like mine will be over pessimistic end of the estimate range. Perhaps, it seems like the ATL or southeast US are the more efficient SCs from what I can glean from the forums.

That's great!! I thought mine would be quick from the initial info and the communication I was getting. I'm now in the "should have information by the end of the day" in the last 2-3 weeks... Still within the initial window but being told I'd have something that day and when I ask a few days later when I didn't get anything and get "should have something today" again isn't my cup-o-tea....

That seems to be the consensus...

Delivery date is tomorrow; also received confirmation email from my DS for the appointment tomorrow. Everything should be ready, though, I am not seeing where to submit my down payment. Anyone else having been through this, could you provide some insight when/how my payment will be made?

Reactions: ChrgdTeCHick
6/7 ~13:00 EDT - Messaged DS for update
6/7 ~13:30 EDT - Received message from DS that car still is with the other SC so "tentatively" next week (over estimate)
6/7 ~14:00 EDT - Message DS again for what is being components is/will be refurb'd

Reactions: eyedrop
What time today???

I have mine scheduled for next week as of now. Hoping it sticks, one week shy of my expire date of the loan!

Do you have an actual delivery date scheduled? Looks like mine will be over the initial delivery estimate and might be over the loan expiration as well. Note that the initial notice from the DS that the refurb'd started on May 10.

Do you have an actual delivery date scheduled? Looks like mine will be over the initial delivery estimate and might be over the loan expiration as well. Note that the initial notice from the DS that the refurb'd started on May 10.

Yes I got an email from my DS of when it looks like we can schedule and then an email with a Subject "Delivery appointment scheduled!" And an exact date/time. I'm not holding my breath though just in case.

6/7 ~17:30 EDT - Received message from DS indicating that s/he won't have any knowledge of refurbishment until it's complete, they pointed me to the pre-owned doc again.

So does that mean s/he couldn't even answer when it truly started? Part updates? Anything? Hopefully the 12/13th dates end up being firm! Does the car need to go anywhere else once the refurb is done?

I had worried about the loan expiring as well. I know for sure my car has been into Tesla since early this week to begin this CPO process but other than that no clue. I filled out all my trade forms and sent all kinds of pictures of my car so hopefully that helps at the end to get me into my S soon. I don't know how I'm going to do it just waiting for some kind of contact that's it's ready.

Well I finally got an update on my CPO or as Elon had decided to call them "used Tesla". I had emailed my rep because I was concerned with adding alot of kms on my trade in as I'm still waiting and also I asked the big question of when do you think my car will be done.
He replied by easing my concerns with the kms on my trade and then said my car should be ready by July 3. I finally have a date and that's awesome but I deposited my money on the 18th of May. Is it my luck that mid to late June is when Tesla tries to delivery as many cars for the quarters end numbers? Either way I hope it can be early but it's going to be a long near 7 week wait.

Well I finally got an update on my CPO or as Elon had decided to call them "used Tesla". I had emailed my rep because I was concerned with adding alot of kms on my trade in as I'm still waiting and also I asked the big question of when do you think my car will be done.
He replied by easing my concerns with the kms on my trade and then said my car should be ready by July 3. I finally have a date and that's awesome but I deposited my money on the 18th of May. Is it my luck that mid to late June is when Tesla tries to delivery as many cars for the quarters end numbers? Either way I hope it can be early but it's going to be a long near 7 week wait.

CPO sounds so much nicer than used... Deceptions!

I worried about the miles too on my grade. I'm past the 500 and a week that the quote is no longer valid. But was told to go ahead and do the quote process. What was the response to the kms?