TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

My CPO buying experience timeline

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by TSLA_maybe, May 2, 2017.

1. ChrgdTeCHick

ChrgdTeCHick Member

I applied because my CU had told me there wasn't a timeline. Because of that, I did it already because I wanted to make sure I got approved (credit in the mid 800's). I felt I could but I didn't want to assume approval just in case since it was a way higher car loan than I had gotten before. Oh well... Inquiries drop off in two years at least.

2. ATL_Canes

ATL_Canes Member

Just got the email that the car is ready for pick-up. Unfortunately, I'm out of town this week so cannot get to it until next week. Assuming there are no major issues at delivery, this overall process has been great. I ordered the car from across the country on 5/19 and it theoretically is ready for delivery on 6/8 (that's the first appointment they offered). That's just a hair under 3 weeks.

• Like x 1
  3. Massimo99

Massimo99 Member

That is awesome!!!
    This week is my 3rd week waiting so maybe by Thursday I send an email just to see where I stand. I so hope I can get it in 3 weeks. Not sure how much I can wait

4. ChrgdTeCHick

ChrgdTeCHick Member

That's great!! I thought mine would be quick from the initial info and the communication I was getting. I'm now in the "should have information by the end of the day" in the last 2-3 weeks... Still within the initial window but being told I'd have something that day and when I ask a few days later when I didn't get anything and get "should have something today" again isn't my cup-o-tea....

5. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

Holy smokes...that's tremendous!!That's the kind of surprise I was hoping for when I ordered mine and had a pre-order vacation planned 3 weeks later as well. Alas, looks like mine will be over pessimistic end of the estimate range. Perhaps, it seems like the ATL or southeast US are the more efficient SCs from what I can glean from the forums.

6. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

That seems to be the consensus...

7. hitparader

hitparader Member

Delivery date is tomorrow; also received confirmation email from my DS for the appointment tomorrow. Everything should be ready, though, I am not seeing where to submit my down payment. Anyone else having been through this, could you provide some insight when/how my payment will be made?

• Like x 1
  8. hitparader

hitparader Member

Nm, it just populated!

9. ChrgdTeCHick

ChrgdTeCHick Member

What time today???

I have mine scheduled for next week as of now. Hoping it sticks, one week shy of my expire date of the loan!

10. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

6/7 ~13:00 EDT - Messaged DS for update
    6/7 ~13:30 EDT - Received message from DS that car still is with the other SC so "tentatively" next week (over estimate)
    6/7 ~14:00 EDT - Message DS again for what is being components is/will be refurb'd

• Like x 1
  11. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

Do you have an actual delivery date scheduled? Looks like mine will be over the initial delivery estimate and might be over the loan expiration as well. Note that the initial notice from the DS that the refurb'd started on May 10.

12. ChrgdTeCHick

ChrgdTeCHick Member

Yes I got an email from my DS of when it looks like we can schedule and then an email with a Subject "Delivery appointment scheduled!" And an exact date/time. I'm not holding my breath though just in case.

13. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

That sounds like a pretty concrete date. Hopefully, it works out for you. GL.

• Like x 1
  14. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

6/7 ~17:30 EDT - Received message from DS indicating that s/he won't have any knowledge of refurbishment until it's complete, they pointed me to the pre-owned doc again.

15. ChrgdTeCHick

ChrgdTeCHick Member

So does that mean s/he couldn't even answer when it truly started? Part updates? Anything? Hopefully the 12/13th dates end up being firm! Does the car need to go anywhere else once the refurb is done?

16. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

Exactly...ATM, looks like I drew the short straw.

17. Ness

Ness Member

My car has started refund last week (deposit was made on 5/15) and it sounds like we are still looking at August, so you got more of a medium length straw.

18. Massimo99

Massimo99 Member

Well I finally got an update on my CPO or as Elon had decided to call them "used Tesla". I had emailed my rep because I was concerned with adding alot of kms on my trade in as I'm still waiting and also I asked the big question of when do you think my car will be done.
    He replied by easing my concerns with the kms on my trade and then said my car should be ready by July 3. I finally have a date and that's awesome but I deposited my money on the 18th of May. Is it my luck that mid to late June is when Tesla tries to delivery as many cars for the quarters end numbers? Either way I hope it can be early but it's going to be a long near 7 week wait.

19. ChrgdTeCHick

ChrgdTeCHick Member

CPO sounds so much nicer than used... Deceptions!

I worried about the miles too on my grade. I'm past the 500 and a week that the quote is no longer valid. But was told to go ahead and do the quote process. What was the response to the kms?

20. TSLA_maybe

TSLA_maybe Member

Man...hope you have vacation planned all of July. Was the August delivery your original estimate?