Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My CPO buying experience timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm SCing now and I think it's definitely just the lock mechanism. Definitely noticable noise in my classic.
I wonder what changed for it to sound so loud in my classic and barely noticeable in the new loaner. Maybe they didn't make the magnet as strong with auto close charge port, so the disengage is less? No biggie, just had me curious. I didn't even think much of it until I went to charge to loaner.

Those that got your Cars already, did you have a factory tint? I have an appmnt tomorrow to tint but I was looking at my windows and they seem to already have tint of some level? Except windshield. Not sure of its factory or the previous owner added it View attachment 233300 View attachment 233292

Tesla doesn't tint windows, at least they didn't at that time. The previous owner tinted your windows. Can't tell from the pictures if the front and rear side windows are the same or not. It they aren't it is a dead giveaway that the windows are tinted, but yours are clearly tinted already.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrgdTeCHick
Tesla doesn't tint windows, at least they didn't at that time. The previous owner tinted your windows. Can't tell from the pictures if the front and rear side windows are the same or not. It they aren't it is a dead giveaway that the windows are tinted, but yours are clearly tinted already.
I though they didn't, aside the pano roof. I got it tinted and they confirmed it did have after market tint, although it was a positive providing double the layer or heat reduction. I believe front rear and hatch were all the same.

Not sure what they add to the pano roof but it is wonderful. A lot darker from the inside than even my new tint but the heat reduction feel like 100%. Well mayble not that, but very extreme.

06/19 - Ordered in Montreal's SC, car is coming from Toronto. Delivery estimate end of July
06/22 - Got email about financing from California, numbers for my trade-in need to be updated
06/23 - Got confirmation from CPO advisor that car arrived in Montréal already :)
06/23 - Asked for pictures but CPO advisor politely suggested to wait until the car is ready.
06/27 - Called Credit Analyst in California and got numbers right for financing
06/29 - Texted CPO advisor for Trade-in sale update and got no answer
06/30 - Texted CPO advisor again for Trade-in sale update and got no answer
07/03 - Called CPO advisor about Trade-in sale and he emailed back asking for some docs

My wait should be over tomorrow. I sent a text to the DS and asked if we were still on for tomorrow. He said another customer and I would both be picking up at 5pm tomorrow. I asked for a list of things fixed or replaced on the car. He said he would work on it, but I might not get it until delivery.
Hopefully my next list will contain a picture of me smiling next to my car.....

My wait should be over tomorrow. I sent a text to the DS and asked if we were still on for tomorrow. He said another customer and I would both be picking up at 5pm tomorrow. I asked for a list of things fixed or replaced on the car. He said he would work on it, but I might not get it until delivery.
That's awesome! So excited for you. Definitely post pics. Hopefully mine will be ready for pickup by the end of the week.

Awesome...good luck!

06/19 - Ordered in Montreal's SC, car is coming from Toronto. Delivery estimate end of July
06/22 - Got email about financing from California, numbers for my trade-in need to be updated
06/23 - Got confirmation from CPO advisor that car arrived in Montréal already :)
06/23 - Asked for pictures but CPO advisor politely suggested to wait until the car is ready.
06/27 - Called Credit Analyst in California and got numbers right for financing
06/29 - Texted CPO advisor for Trade-in sale update and got no answer
06/30 - Texted CPO advisor again for Trade-in sale update and got no answer
07/03 - Called CPO advisor about Trade-in sale and he emailed back asking for some docs
07/04 - Got contacted by person who will take care of the Trade-in and that should be done by Friday
07/04 - First contact with DS, he says car is going through certification process, will update me at the end of the week.

OK y'all so, if you get some idiot accusing you of polluting by fueling your car with coal - well not you Canadians, your grid is cleaner - that's one of the tropes you'll see around the internet. Well hasn't happened to me yet but when it does here's my response: 99% of my car's energy comes from solar. That big roof above the car in this photo? A big ole solar array :D
And it looks good doing it:cool:
IMG_20170630_181241422_HDR-2137x1603.jpg

OK y'all so, if you get some idiot accusing you of polluting by fueling your car with coal - well not you Canadians, your grid is cleaner - that's one of the tropes you'll see around the internet. Well hasn't happened to me yet but when it does here's my response: 99% of my car's energy comes from solar. That big roof above the car in this photo? A big ole solar array :D
And it looks good doing it:cool:
View attachment 234144
Those red breaks look so good!

I've thought about getting personal home solar panels but my utilities company is nonprofit and is ramping out solar as part of their grid, so my costs are super low, 6cents. So I'm waiting to see what solar programs they roll with for now. P

Those red breaks look so good!

I've thought about getting personal home solar panels but my utilities company is nonprofit and is ramping out solar as part of their grid, so my costs are super low, 6cents. So I'm waiting to see what solar programs they roll with for now. P
Wow 6 cents? That's very cheap, like less than 60% of what I pay. I don't have any panels either (state has very regressive policies against them), but maybe one day. The ones in my pic are at work. Since I can charge every day for free (we just have a yearly club fee of like $30 to keep the chargers working... mostly) it's enabled me to not have to worry about getting a socket put in at home yet. Ran it down to 66% over the July fourth weekend; last charge was last Friday (just plugged it in this morning).

Wow 6 cents? That's very cheap, like less than 60% of what I pay. I don't have any panels either (state has very regressive policies against them), but maybe one day. The ones in my pic are at work. Since I can charge every day for free (we just have a yearly club fee of like $30 to keep the chargers working... mostly) it's enabled me to not have to worry about getting a socket put in at home yet. Ran it down to 66% over the July fourth weekend; last charge was last Friday (just plugged it in this morning).
FL isn't really an EV friendly state I would say. No extra perks. So you don't see many businesses having charging for EV's, at least in my city. So luckily its cheap at home. Here is a rough estimate from TeslaFi based on my cost and charges of about 9 days in June

Would have been easy $100 in my previous ICE at the current $2.10 per gallon cost of today

Screenshot_20170705-132828~01.png

• Informative
Reactions: raphy3
7/2 Ordered CPO S70D, got the canned email.
7/5 Got a call from my CPO Advisor with an email to go over the process, answer any questions, etc etc.

I am told it will be another 3 to 5 weeks before delivery, depending on how things go.

This wait may destroy me.