Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My experience taking Tesla to court about FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The main problem with having no audible alert when AP disengages is that it’s not immediately obvious it has disengaged.

With BMW or other brands you have a pretty prominent visual indicator in the HUD or the instrument binnacle that’s right in front of you so you know straight away it’s off. Sadly Tesla only have the screen in the middle that you’re now not allowed to look at for too long 🙃

What @yessuz says about AP auto disengaging and reengaging when the indicators are on is a no brainer. It would avoid the constant binging and bonging that’s obviously driving him mad, judging by his last few posts 😂

All the talk comparing autopilot on a plane with ADAS on a car is bollocks because a car isn’t an aeroplane

And those accidental disengagements?

Any those times when you think you’ve double clicked to engage and only single clicked.

Still think silent engagement/disengagement is a good idea?
Accident disengagement is not equal Disengaging due to lane change...
It Never ever happened to me to think that i enabled something that is not enabled, because there is indication on screen. HUGE one. that indication takes 40% of screen estate. vs single indication light on other cars. but people drive those and have no issues.

Bongs aside, I have to say that AP today is much worse than it was in 2019 when I got my Model 3. The Y I picked up just before Christmas is, if anything, worse than the 3 - at least in terms of phantom braking and the really intrusive attention checking. Thankfully I quite like driving the car so crappy AP isn’t top of my list of complaints. But for sure, Tesla’s implementation of lane keeping and TACC is now worse than any of the German marques.

Reactions: Pagemakers
For what it’s worth I’ve had no response to my LBA letter, sent 13/12/2023, which was addressed to the latest Manchester address on Companies House.

Don’t know for sure if I’ve still got the tracking number (was sent Recorded) but even accounting for Christmas I expected a response at least asking for more time by now.

I am in the same boat bought the M3LR in 2019 with FSD and a great car but 4 years on and no FSD that is meaninful. I know its a UK euro thing but its money spent with Tesla in good faith with no delivery.
My car is great except the fsd and now I'm wanting a new car ... it will be a tesla but no fsd 🚘

Reactions: Andrew_SE23
For what it’s worth I’ve had no response to my LBA letter, sent 13/12/2023, which was addressed to the latest Manchester address on Companies House.

Don’t know for sure if I’ve still got the tracking number (was sent Recorded) but even accounting for Christmas I expected a response at least asking for more time by now.

My first 'Signed For' / recorded delivery was never acknowledged. I sent copy special delivery to Manchester and it prompted a response.

Reactions: Durzel
My first 'Signed For' / recorded delivery was never acknowledged. I sent copy special delivery to Manchester and it prompted a response.
Thanks. That's what I ended up doing, again to Manchester. The rationale for not using London for me was that Manchester is now Tesla's official address on Companies House, so that would logically be where any legal correspondance would be sent.