Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My New 70D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I get to pick up my new Model S 70D tomorrow from Autonexus in Brisbane! I am so excited!

It is Deep Blue with 21" Grey Wheels, Grey Next-Gen Seats with Black Alcantara Headliner with Piano Black Trim. Pretty much got all the options on this one including Pano Roof.

I cannot wait! I heard that the combination was a nice one. It actually looks similar to the blue one in the new short Tesla Autopilot YouTube videos.

I will post photos of this one once I pick it up. Thank you guys for keeping me sane on this forum.

I can't think of a name for it quite yet. I'm floating with Nikola, Cortana, Spaceship (from LEGO Movie), Enterprise and a few others. Number plates are NO OIL.

Thanks all,

Hi guys,

I get to pick up my new Model S 70D tomorrow from Autonexus in Brisbane!

It is Deep Blue with 21" Grey Wheels, Grey Next-Gen Seats with Black Alcantara Headliner with Piano Black Trim. Pretty much got all the options on this one including Pano Roof.

I can't think of a name for it quite yet.,
Woohoo! A lot of fun :) I love the blue colour.
names?
Tesla Swift? Slim, gorgeous, talented.
The Teslaract?? Strange, alternative, infinite power source,
The TARDIS??? Blue, moves through time and space, huge on the inside.
Of course the fun is in the thinking about it: enjoy!!!!

Great.
Nice car, I picked up my 70D from AutoNexus in Brisbane on 25/09/2015.
The range was showing 453km which implied a 100% charge. I was not happy about that.
I pointed out that this was a big expense for me and to have the battery at maximum stress before I had even picked it up (and who knows how long it had been like that) was not a good start.
I hope they have changed their ways, but they did not seem to care as far as I could tell.

100% wont hurt, but holding it there for two long might. (Too long means a day, not minutes). Your battery will be fine though, as the system does not allow a battery charge hold. It starts to deplete energy immediately on charge completion, so if you are seeing 100%, it would not have been that way for long.
Dborn the reason phone and drill batteries don't last is because we charge them to 100% and leave them plugged in.

Great.
Nice car, I picked up my 70D from AutoNexus in Brisbane on 25/09/2015.
The range was showing 453km which implied a 100% charge. I was not happy about that.
I pointed out that this was a big expense for me and to have the battery at maximum stress before I had even picked it up (and who knows how long it had been like that) was not a good start.
I hope they have changed their ways, but they did not seem to care as far as I could tell.

Yes we picked up my mother's P85D about a month back from them and we found a fair bit of micro scratching on various car surfaces. Their handling of such a fine car seemed quite rough. Not really a fan of their service at all. I sent them an email a while back asking if we could send number plates to them the same time we collected the vehicle and it took nearly two weeks and three emails later until their state manager emailed me back. Can't wait for a Tesla store up here.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, some great ones there. I am a video game and movie buff so was hoping to get a good reference. I really do like Teslaract.

Ugh 2pm can't come quick enough!

Congrats Astroboy,

Delivery angst will dissolve away as the awesomeness kicks in.! Model S reignites the wonder in all of us- thats the grin.:biggrin: Just gotta watch the radars......

I have been chastised by my lovely wife since I named my car "Pussy", apparently I am a heathen. It is expected that one should have a noble name for such things. Luckily there's still some country in the boy.....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks guys!!!! JARVIS has a nice ring to it. Wanting a female name though. Wow I absolutely love it. It's so different because even though I've driven mums one, this is MY one. Not as quick as a hers obviously but nippy enough. Two years of saving up and 4 month waiting. It was worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpeg

And here is a shot of the interior. I love the colour combination!

View attachment 100696

View attachment 100697

Thanks guys!!!! JARVIS has a nice ring to it. Wanting a female name though. Wow I absolutely love it. It's so different because even though I've driven mums one, this is MY one. Not as quick as a hers obviously but nippy enough. Two years of saving up and 4 month waiting. It was worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 100700

And here is a shot of the interior. I love the colour combination!
hmmm. Maybe I shoulda got the grey...

congrats!! damn i'm so jealous. Still working out the details with body corporate (which i think are pretty much done now!), i haven't even ordered mine yet. I'm hoping this week, though!

Ohh yeah I saw your post about that! Glad it all worked out. You will love it!

Thank you for all your comments everyone! Just thought I would mention, I ordered this on the 6th of July and I picked it up on the 11th of November. So four months that's not bad. It was like twice that time for the P85D.