Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR Blue exterior black interior waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the VIN and new EDD
VIN: XXXXXPA086XXX
EDD : March 19 - 28

Question : How do I get the Insurance Updated? I requested a change with Progressive, but how will I get the new ID cards or Proof of coverage before the start date (3/19) ?
Congrats, I think you're just after me. Paramus, Springfield, Cherry Hill? No DD yet, but hoping soon as I got my VIN last week.

I don't use progressive, but you should be able to print out a letter/card from their website. Usually an insurance company will email or mail you the cards also.

Reactions: vijaypv
The page on the app is stating to include the Photo with Name(s), State, and VIN of the new vehicle ? I'm in NJ, not sure if that is a requirement here...
Correct , your insurance card should have your name,vehicle,company and policy number. Use that as proof. Tesla just wants to see that you have some type of vehicle with insurance.

Also you can't physically get insurance without having the copy of the registration.(at least what All-State told me CA) Unless ur using tesla insurance

Reactions: vijaypv
OD 1/17, SoCal, MYLR5, Blue/Black 19"

EDD1: Jan-Mar
EDD2: Feb-Mar
VIN on 2/24, EDD3: 3/8-14
EDD4: 3/5-12
EDD5: 3/8-10
Schedule delivery 3/10

Austin built
Tesla called me early today to confirm delivery. They told me if I like, they can deliver it today instead of waiting until Friday. So I agree my delivery today. They called me again after several hours to sign the delivery agreement and registration on my app before they can drive the car to my home. But my wife cannot do her part. So they decide to print out the agreement and let us sign and mail it back. Car was delivered early evening. I will check its build quality tomorrow under sunlight.

Tesla called me early today to confirm delivery. They told me if I like, they can deliver it today instead of waiting until Friday. So I agree my delivery today. They called me again after several hours to sign the delivery agreement and registration on my app before they can drive the car to my home. But my wife cannot do her part. So they decide to print out the agreement and let us sign and mail it back. Car was delivered early evening. I will check its build quality tomorrow under sunlight.
Nice , my delivery is scheduled for the 11th here in SoCal. I'm hoping they call me before the weekend like you. Or did you request something sooner

Reactions: circuitmonster
EDD updated this morning with a narrower window of 3/14-3/28. Crossing my fingers but skeptical at the same time until I actually receive a VIN
Got VIN with PA078xxx this afternoon with delivery window of 3/9-3/16. I saw other posts with PA08 so hopefully it's not a reject from someone else. I guess I will to need to do a throughly check when I pick up the car. Wish me luck!

Got VIN with PA078xxx this afternoon with delivery window of 3/9-3/16. I saw other posts with PA08 so hopefully it's not a reject from someone else. I guess I will to need to do a throughly check when I pick up the car. Wish me luck!
For sure do a good inspection but remember there are a lot of other reasons that a car may be reassigned. I think QC rejects are a very small percentage of reassignments. More often is people out of state/country, finances fell through, last minute change of mind etc....

Thanks for all of the advises. I just scheduled for pickup this Sunday 3/12 at Irvine SC. The car was built on Feb 21 with approximately 8 miles on it. Cross my finger on the inspection.

Checked my new car's build quality. It's generally okay. No obvious red flags. The roof glass may shifts slightly, leaving about 1mm uneven gap between left and right. But I had to see the alignment very carefully to note the difference. All functions that I tried works well. I found that it's easy to leave rear left door ajar if I do not close it with elevated force.

My Autsin build car only comes with rear trunk cover, J1772 adapter, and a license plate holder. No matrix light, no mud flaps. I turned on sentry mode and it drained 16 miles battery overnight. More than I expected.

I already have a J1772 charger at home. So I used the adapter to charge it. I found that I can only unplug the J1772 charger and the adapter still on the car's charging port. (the adapter was locked at the time when I try to unplug the whole assembly.) Then the charger door closed automatically, with the adapter blocks the full closure of the door. Then I had to force the door fully open again to remove the adapter and make the door close completely. This is annoying. Probalby I did not know how to do it correctly. Any suggestions?

Reactions: K13fitted
Checked my new car's build quality. It's generally okay. No obvious red flags. The roof glass may shifts slightly, leaving about 1mm uneven gap between left and right. But I had to see the alignment very carefully to note the difference. All functions that I tried works well. I found that it's easy to leave rear left door ajar if I do not close it with elevated force.

My Autsin build car only comes with rear trunk cover, J1772 adapter, and a license plate holder. No matrix light, no mud flaps. I turned on sentry mode and it drained 16 miles battery overnight. More than I expected.

I already have a J1772 charger at home. So I used the adapter to charge it. I found that I can only unplug the J1772 charger and the adapter still on the car's charging port. (the adapter was locked at the time when I try to unplug the whole assembly.) Then the charger door closed automatically, with the adapter blocks the full closure of the door. Then I had to force the door fully open again to remove the adapter and make the door close completely. This is annoying. Probalby I did not know how to do it correctly. Any suggestions?
How was the paint work ? Pictures?

If I understand your charging concern: the adapter stayed locked in the car charging side after a charging session. This would be normal behavior if you are not with your key and not using the app, dash screen, or voice command to unlock the port when a non tesla charger is used. Helps save your adapter from growing feet and walking off at public chargers, but I hear ya that it seems annoying. Maybe a suggestion for Tesla when geofenced to home: when charging session finishes (reaches set charging level, not when no power from charger) unlock the charging port.

Thanks for sharing your build quality and enjoy the Y. I am waiting patiently for my VIN assignment.

Reactions: K13fitted