Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP - April/May OD July/September EDD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have corresponded with both the IL EPA and a couple of IL reps regarding the rebate. Some additional details. If funds are depleted, all rebates will cease to be paid. There is no guarantee additional rebate application windows will open, and no indication of when they will be available, if at all. Since they have no idea how much interest there will be, it sounds like this will be a very limited opportunity, for a very limited number of people unfortunately. I was also told that you must purchase within the 90 day window (Jul. 1st-Sept. 30th), and also have your application submitted with 90 days of purchase. Basically, if you purchase on Oct. 1st or after, you may end up with nothing, and if they run out of money after a week or a month, you are also going to be out of luck. Illinois only funded the program, at least initially, with enough money to last for a couple thousand applications.

Hey Tom,

What upgrades, laminated windows and new door cards/interior panels? What else is in the rumor mill sir?

That’s it, but a YouTuber in the UK just reported the MIG M3 SR now ships with a bigger battery pack and Tesla made no fanfare about it.
. So who knows what else Tesla could throw our way given the current state of competition.

Just got the famous trade in call… I have no trade in…
I asked if he could give me a realistic EDD… he said it should be a couple of weeks to go. I honestly don’t want to get my hopes up but I am happy at least my order is being looked into :’)
Well this is actually some good news.

Since you are so close to your date at least you got something.

Just got the famous trade in call… I have no trade in…
I asked if he could give me a realistic EDD… he said it should be a couple of weeks to go. I honestly don’t want to get my hopes up but I am happy at least my order is being looked into :’)
I got the Tesla trade in call yesterday too, my delivery window is July 9 th - August 6 th

Mine didn’t move
Still July 9th -August 6th
My EDD did not move either. I wonder if that's because July 19-Aug 16 is still a reasonable option? Tesla told me yesterday, once the VIN is assigned, I will have 2-2.5 weeks (at least) before delivery. Does that sound reasonable? I was under the impression it would only be a week between getting the VIN and the delivery.

My EDD did not move either. I wonder if that's because July 19-Aug 16 is still a reasonable option? Tesla told me yesterday, once the VIN is assigned, I will have 2-2.5 weeks (at least) before delivery. Does that sound reasonable? I was under the impression it would only be a week between getting the VIN and the delivery.
Some people had days to pick up after their VIN was assigned towards the end of the last quarter.

I wonder if Tesla is taking a “short pause” after the EOQ madness. Wouldn’t it be nice if vehicles coming off the assembly line come with some of the missing features found on the MIC/MIG cars. Hope springs eternal. But something is going on.
I have been checking the spreadsheet everyday and it looks like there have been NO vins assigned so far in the month of July

so a pause is def probably happening right now.