Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP - April/May OD July/September EDD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have everything set since day 2. No trade. Cash. I have third party financing but waiting till I get a vin to tell them.
Oh okay. I have already applied for financing once I was a day in delivery window. And then it got moved. My financing offer expires 09/15. I really hope I get it before then. That’s all.

I was so close to removing the tow hitch just now. My SA texted me and asked if I’d like to proceed and I said I’ll just keep it and see if anything changes (e.g. receive a VIN!) in the next week.

If not, I’ll remove Tow hitch.

Reactions: merc65fd
Oh okay. I have already applied for financing once I was a day in delivery window. And then it got moved. My financing offer expires 09/15. I really hope I get it before then. That’s all.

I was so close to removing the tow hitch just now. My SA texted me and asked if I’d like to proceed and I said I’ll just keep it and see if anything changes (e.g. receive a VIN!) in the next week.

If not, I’ll remove Tow hitch.
I was in the same place thought wise and I did remove it last week. That same day after I removed several people with similar order dates as me got there VIN's and they had towing so I felt like I really didn't need to remove it. The wait isn't really that bad, it's reading the onslaught of posts of people getting their VIN's that ordered after you did and live near you or farther from the Tesla factory than you that is frustrating. It's not their fault and I'm happy for them, but everyday I get more frustrated with Tesla. I will say since I did drop the hitch, I at least feel like I have the best chance since all cars start out with no towing they definitely have those! I can always add it later. I was worried when I cancelled it that it would put me in limbo for 5 day like many people when they change something. I got lucky and it was only one day before my edd updated. I don't know that I would take that chance again. 5 days would be an excruciating wait for an edd update after a change when you are already in your 2 week window.

Reactions: ogespeaks
I was in the same place thought wise and I did remove it last week. That same day after I removed several people with similar order dates as me got there VIN's and they had towing so I felt like I really didn't need to remove it. The wait isn't really that bad, it's reading the onslaught of posts of people getting their VIN's that ordered after you did and live near you or farther from the Tesla factory than you that is frustrating. It's not their fault and I'm happy for them, but everyday I get more frustrated with Tesla. I will say since I did drop the hitch, I at least feel like I have the best chance since all cars start out with no towing they definitely have those! I can always add it later. I was worried when I cancelled it that it would put me in limbo for 5 day like many people when they change something. I got lucky and it was only one day before my edd updated. I don't know that I would take that chance again. 5 days would be an excruciating wait for an edd update after a change when you are already in your 2 week window.
Very insightful, thank you. Yes, I ended up texting my SA and asking them to remove it like an hour ago because I’m seeing people with the exact order and location, minus tow, with an order date after mine, and they will be getting delivery this week or next week.

I feel your frustration but honestly, it’s like you said… it’s mostly just a mind game and reading all these posts and consuming all the chaos never helps.

F5169xx. Seems in line with what others are getting now. I just got the “schedule your delivery” text the following day. The actual delivery day is still set out pretty far, 8/19, that was the only option they gave me.

Weird. Wonder why your delivery day is so far out. I got my VIN yesterday, scheduled delivery text today. Can schedule my delivery for as early as this Friday, but went with Monday instead. Picking up in Chicago.

Which makes sense if you get your vin when its still in California it's got to take a while to get here

Right. That’s why I’m thinking they might push out my delivery day. Though I guess it could theoretically make its way to Chicago from CA in 3 days.

Could still be a reject for one reason or another. Im picking up in Libertyville and they told me yesterday delivery will be between 10-14 days after VIN.

Could it be a reject if the VIN is so recent? I always assumed the VIN would be several hundred behind the current VIN’s I’m seeing assigned if it was previously assigned to someone else, transported, inspected, rejected and reassigned.

Weird. Wonder why your delivery day is so far out. I got my VIN yesterday, scheduled delivery text today. Can schedule my delivery for as early as this Friday, but went with Monday instead. Picking up in Chicago.

Interesting. I’d be worried I got a reject if my VIN wasn’t so recent, F5185. Wonder if they’ll push my delivery date out.
Yeah I thought it was kind of weird mine is so far out. It couldn’t take more than a couple days from Fremont to here. I’m hoping I just get a random text saying it’s ready early. Though honestly a Friday like 8/19 would be easier to work from home so I can be there for the delivery.

Scheduled delivery for tomorrow has been delayed. They automatically re-scheduled for me on 8/12 without confirming. Is that normal? I read some were able to schedule in the app but I’ve never been able to do that. I received a call but no options. I can not make it Friday. Are they expecting me to drop everything to just pick up the car? No, I’m not doing that.

Right. That’s why I’m thinking they might push out my delivery day. Though I guess it could theoretically make its way to Chicago from CA in 3 days.

Could it be a reject if the VIN is so recent? I always assumed the VIN would be several hundred behind the current VIN’s I’m seeing assigned if it was previously assigned to someone else, transported, inspected, rejected and reassigned.
Not saying your is or isn’t rejected vin. but from recent events… I’ve noticed they have assigned around 1 k VINs within 24 hour period.

Reactions: Socalfarmhouse
Got pushed out another 2 weeks from Aug 6 - Aug 20 to Aug 19 - Sept 2.

Not particularly surprised but also disheartening. Oh well. For giggles I sent an email. To tesla to ask why, expecting them to tell me nothing more than I already know. I'll update if something changes.
Tesla emailed back

"Thank you for reaching out. Delivery timelines are not guaranteed and can change due to a variety of factors. Due to supply chain delays, etc., we have been seeing general shifts in estimated delivery windows. We do not have specific insight into the factory queue, so the date range presented in your account will be your best guideline until a VIN is assigned."

They essentially dodged my question on why same configs ordered after me are delivered before me. Oh well. I'll check back in when something real happens.

518 - is the newest VIN i've seen. I doubt its a reject as i got VIN the day my "car has left the factory en route" text arrived

Thanks for the reassurance! I’m also doubting it’s a reject based on the research I’ve done. I’m assuming my delivery date will be pushed out at some point since Monday might be unrealistic.

Sending good luck to those of you who ordered before or around the same time I did. I know patience is hard to come by, but we’ll all get there eventually!