Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP - April/May OD July/September EDD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well all been following along for a while and I finally picked her up this morning.
Fit and finish is perfect. One small paintless dent front rocker panel they made a note of and I have appointment to have it fixed.

Here is my question..... I swear there is some kind of PPF on the front bumper. I can make a dent in it with my fingernail. Do the Model Y's come with some kind of protection on the front bumper?
Nice to finally see a blue getting delivered. Feels like they've been so slow.

Reactions: Mark52479
I see everyone saying they got a text that the car has departed the factory. Does that usually come before or after the “schedule your delivery” text? Has anyone received an email instead of a text?

I got a text saying you have a VIN, then the next day I got a text saying schedule your delivery. Now I just found an email in my junk box from Tesla which says “Your Model Y is on its way to your delivery center and ready to be scheduled for delivery” and it has a link to schedule delivery. The email came on the same day as my “schedule your delivery” text. Seems odd.

I see everyone saying they got a text that the car has departed the factory. Does that usually come before or after the “schedule your delivery” text? Has anyone received an email instead of a text?

I got a text saying you have a VIN, then the next day I got a text saying schedule your delivery. Now I just found an email in my junk box from Tesla which says “Your Model Y is on its way to your delivery center and ready to be scheduled for delivery” and it has a link to schedule delivery. The email came on the same day as my “schedule your delivery” text. Seems odd.
What VIN range do you have? Going from VIN to delivery in a few days could be signs of a reject.

Got my VIN! OD 5/15. EDD updated to 8/8-8/14
Amazing! Congrats! I hope everything goes perfectly.

My OD is 5/13 with an EDD of 8/15 - 8/29.
I’m starting to think the tow hitch is delaying my vehicle. This would be the second two week window, and I have yet to receive a VIN.

MYP - Black ext. - White int. - Tow - FSD

Maybe I’ll get a VIN tomorrow or the next day? Who knows.

Reactions: anomie

I’m starting to think the tow hitch is delaying my vehicle. This would be the second two week window, and I have yet to receive a VIN.

I have white / black and ordered 5/12 and have same edd as you 8/15-8/29. I cancelled my hitch so its not the hitch its Just Tesla is a horrible company

I had an Edd of 8/10-8/19. Got bumped to 8/21-9/4 on 8/4. Dropped hitch that day. On 8/5 Edd moved back to 8/15-8/29. Very frustrated. Have no idea what I need yo do to get a car. But it’s getting old
I had an EDD of July 29 - August 10 and then it moved out. I understand how you feel, it’s frustrating, especially when you have financing already worked out and your loan offer expires soon and the order keeps getting delayed, like myself.

But I don’t know.. I saw many people report having the tow hitch on your car design makes it less likely you’ll match to a VIN sooner rather than later.

But also, I think all the people who ordered a MYLR before we ordered our MYP are switching from MYLR to MYP and they’re basically getting matched to VINs quicker as a result, because they keep their position (based on initial order date). All of this is speculation.

Thanks and good luck to you!

Mine is White/White with FSD, no tow for some context.

Reactions: ogespeaks