Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Matrix Headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back of napkin math says at least another year based on previous trends. It took 2.5 years to get track mode on the Y performance. At lest until 2022.40 to get really usable auto high beam. All in all, progress… 😂 but sure 2 weeks!

Want to bring life back to this thread. As far as I know the only thing functional about the matrix headlights are the auto highbeams. But if I am not mistaken that is something that even the reflector based headlights have too? When will tesla make full use of the matrix lights? I am talking about adaptive lighting, beam control, angle, following the direction of turn of the steering wheel.....that sort of functionality. Otherwise what's the point of having matrix headlights?

Matrix/Adaptive headlights are technically legal in the US now, but the specs / testing requirements for them to be approved haven't been released by the NHTSA so no manufacturer has activated them in the US yet.

I assume Tesla will prioritize it once approval specs are available.
i saw a benz mutibeam working 3 weeks ago i was behind a benz)
bmw and audi are working as well

I had a 2013 BMW 550i xDrive that had adaptive headlights. Granted they were HID but they turned left and right in the direction I was turning when taking a corner and that's a 10 year old car by now. Not sure what the difference would be between that and the matrix headlights but it sure would be nice to have that feature back again.

I had a 2013 BMW 550i xDrive that had adaptive headlights. Granted they were HID but they turned left and right in the direction I was turning when taking a corner and that's a 10 year old car by now. Not sure what the difference would be between that and the matrix headlights but it sure would be nice to have that feature back again.
Even without the matrix function, the "matrix" headlight on Tesla cars have very bright and wide coverage, so that they don't have to swivel side to side.

I have a Mercedes with their current gen digital headlights, and it can project symbols on the road ahead of you. For example, if you depart your lane without signaling, it will draw an arrow pointing at the lane maker. If it sees a pedestrian on the road at night, it will draw around the pedestrian. And if you're doing an automatic lane change, it will draw an arrow on the road to show what lane your changing into.

I have a Mercedes with their current gen digital headlights, and it can project symbols on the road ahead of you. For example, if you depart your lane without signaling, it will draw an arrow pointing at the lane maker. If it sees a pedestrian on the road at night, it will draw around the pedestrian. And if you're doing an automatic lane change, it will draw an arrow on the road to show what lane your changing into.
In the US?