Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interested to hear why you have decided to wait? I’m hoping I haven’t made a mistake in my impatience by taking an inventory model (someone’s reject) or potentially missing out on 5mp cameras.
From what I read on here nobody is to sure if the first P's have the new cameras.

My thought process with the Halifax being a few weeks behind if any cars do have anything new, more chance of those ones than anything already here.

In reality they are probably all the same spec, but an extra few weeks on the slim chance is not an issue, when you've waited ages anyway.

Update for any MYP orders via NHS Fleet solutions.

I received a text last week Thursday from Tesla that I've been book to collect my car on Thursday 20 December at 2pm from Brent Cross. I ordered my car in mid May W/B

Contacted Tesla today to enquire why I've been scheduled for a collection and not delivery. I was informed that their policy recently changed so if you live within 7 miles of a collection hub, you will be expected to collect and not have it delivered.

The agent then sent me a text with VIN and assigned number plate.

You will need to contact NHS Fleet solutions to provide these details so insurance can be sorted and activated for your actual collection/receiving date.

I have gone on an accessory purchasing frenzy in preparation #excited.

I also contacted my lease company to make sure the info received from Tesla tallies with what they have on file which it did.

Hope this helps those who have leases and particularly NHS colleagues.

Reactions: Sanjiv and sliyk

I received a text last week Thursday from Tesla that I've been book to collect my car on Thursday 20 December at 2pm from Brent Cross. I ordered my car in mid May W/B

Contacted Tesla today to enquire why I've been scheduled for a collection and not delivery. I was informed that their policy recently changed so if you live within 7 miles of a collection hub, you will be expected to collect and not have it delivered.

You will need to contact NHS Fleet solutions to provide these details so insurance can be sorted and activated for your actual collection/receiving date.

I also contacted my lease company to make sure the info received from Tesla tallies with what they have on file which it did.

Hope this helps those who have leases and particularly NHS colleague

Mines

Hope this helps those who have leases and particularly NHS colleagues.
Mines also due 20th December and I'm on a lease as well but delivery is the opposite, I've been told it's got to be delivered but I want collection! Does anyone know if it's possible to add enhanced auto pilot or a tow hitch after delivery and pay for them via salary sacrifice?

some other feedback from the new MYP experience… (sorry it was my birthday weekend so between celebrating, picking the car up and getting it fixed I’ve been manic)

I really hope TeslaVision comes soon. It really is a difficult car to park as the front of the car is invisible due to bonnet drop off and the rear visibility is no existent.

Whilst the cameras are adequate it really need the proximity aid to be certain. Hopefully it won’t be too long until the Teslavision update arrives

Attachments

• 69CEAD57-9566-4B6E-9BB4-C1246580D99B.jpeg
    69CEAD57-9566-4B6E-9BB4-C1246580D99B.jpeg
    480.7 KB · Views: 70
some other feedback from the new MYP experience… (sorry it was my birthday weekend so between celebrating, picking the car up and getting it fixed I’ve been manic)

I really hope TeslaVision comes soon. It really is a difficult car to park as the front of the car is invisible due to bonnet drop off and the rear visibility is no existent.

Whilst the cameras are adequate it really need the proximity aid to be certain. Hopefully it won’t be too long until the Teslavision update arrives
My wife : where are the parking beeps?
Me : won’t be long , coming in an update.

I hope !

Collected my MYP from Staines today. Vehicle was in perfect condition except for what looked like a small scuff on passenger side skirting. Reported it to the delivery staff who suggested it might be glue residue from when the protective wrapping was removed on arrival. They sprayed a solution and managed to buff it out. Car had only 3 miles on the clock.

Calibration took about 15 mins but I couldn’t engage autopilot during the drive home. Probably need to accept autopilot/FSD settings first.

Parking in a tight spot was tricky without USS but managed ok using cameras/mirrors/eyes.
Happy with the collection experience and first drive. Just need to get used to all the settings and customise my driver profile.

Reactions: fentor and buggles
I’d use the tesla-android open source solution. Google that term. There is an active thread on this forum too. The carlinkit T2C seems to have been rushed. Below link is one person’s recent experience with carlinkit t2c (and there are clones of this too). Another fellow on twitter opened up the hardware and found the cpu to be pretty underpowered, the lte modem doesn’t work in USA & is a slower modem too. I have been using tesla-android for 2 months. I like it. Also tesla-android solution doesn’t require using a lte modem if you are mainly interested in CarPlay & android auto. I also have hansshow 9” Linux behind steering wheel display. It was pretty good too but I really like tesla-android better for CarPlay/ android auto.
Is there an idiots guide to building this solution. It looks very clever, but the notes are a little baffling for a non-techie. They seem to assume a working knowledge of how to build/use a Raspberry Pi, and I can’t even work out the hardware list as things that seem vital are listed as optional (eg: CarlinKit CPC200-Autokit). Thanks

To the people who have taken delivery. Do the seats have lumbar support?
Driver side only on my MYP collected on Sat. What is interesting though, is passengers in the front have mentioned feeling like they are being poked in the back. I laughed it off, but I sat in there playing games with the kids, and I have to say it felt briefly like someone was adjusting the lumbar support on the passenger side. Very odd.

Reactions: sliyk
Driver side only on my MYP collected on Sat. What is interesting though, is passengers in the front have mentioned feeling like they are being poked in the back. I laughed it off, but I sat in there playing games with the kids, and I have to say it felt briefly like someone was adjusting the lumbar support on the passenger side. Very odd.
Ghost lumbar support 👻

• Funny
Reactions: ShipsnGiggles
Is there an idiots guide to building this solution. It looks very clever, but the notes are a little baffling for a non-techie. They seem to assume a working knowledge of how to build/use a Raspberry Pi, and I can’t even work out the hardware list as things that seem vital are listed as optional (eg: CarlinKit CPC200-Autokit). Thanks
@Flemingo I suggest using carlinkit CPC200-CCPA as it seems to work better and is newer model. Good question. you Can ask more questions in below thread which is dedicated to tesla-android. A simpler solution is coming perhaps mid January I read today on Twitter, the developer posts there a lot.

'CarPlay solution for Tesla by Michal Gapinski using Raspberry Pi with Android'
CarPlay solution for Tesla by Michal Gapinski using Raspberry Pi with Android

Got my Registration number, VIN etc. on 17th November - due to pick up on Thursday from Brent Cross.
No insurer is recognising the Reg - as evidently the DVLA don't have it registered yet...?
Who can I chase at Tesla? Looks like you guys all had the insurance sorted before pickup?
Any help appreciated!

Got my Registration number, VIN etc. on 17th November - due to pick up on Thursday from Brent Cross.
No insurer is recognising the Reg - as evidently the DVLA don't have it registered yet...?
Who can I chase at Tesla? Looks like you guys all had the insurance sorted before pickup?
Any help appreciated!
I had to call Direct Line to get them to manually add the registration, which they were fine to do (and it had no impact on the online quoted price). I don't think Tesla will do anything ahead of then as it all seems to happy from the day of collection, which is then the date of first registration etc.

Does anyone have an experience with a child car seat and the seats of a Tesla? Mine is a lease so i'm mindful of leaving any indentations on the seats after 4 years of a car seat being installed. I've seen the protectors you can put down which i'll probably get, but wanted to check if i'd be fine without them? In my current car I have leather seats and when you take it out you can see an impression, but it does fade quite quickly.

Does anyone have an experience with a child car seat and the seats of a Tesla? Mine is a lease so i'm mindful of leaving any indentations on the seats after 4 years of a car seat being installed. I've seen the protectors you can put down which i'll probably get, but wanted to check if i'd be fine without them? In my current car I have leather seats and when you take it out you can see an impression, but it does fade quite quickly.
Heat with a hair dryer normally brings them back to life. Maybe a Tesla official car seat if they have them?