Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered in May, but my EDD was final week of December. They allowed me to take an existing inventory csr to fast track my order. This forcing process seems to have skipped the USS form.
Technically, that inventory car would have been a ‘new purchase’. They just transferred the deposit. The USS disclaimer doesn’t come until the car has been soft matched which is why you probably never saw it.

I ordered in May, but my EDD was final week of December. They allowed me to take an existing inventory csr to fast track my order. This forcing process seems to have skipped the USS form.
Did you pay for the original order? If so have they transferred the money from the original order to new? I’m collecting this Saturday and waiting for this to happen

Has anybody given any thought to driving in Europe in countries that mandate full Winter Tyres?

Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3s seem to be an option for use with 21" Uberturbines but are SUPER expensive for occasional use (around £1800 for the set).

Are there any other options besides these/going for a full wheel set of a smaller size?

5BC2C7AB-8A81-4508-9E6E-9DAAC4FCC0D2.jpeg

A long wait but well worth it… what a car!!

40% battery when arrived. Took minutes and i was in and out.

Has anybody given any thought to driving in Europe in countries that mandate full Winter Tyres?

Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3s seem to be an option for use with 21" Uberturbines but are SUPER expensive for occasional use (around £1800 for the set).

Are there any other options besides these/going for a full wheel set of a smaller size?

We are planning on driving to the French Alps in the MYP but tbh we will probably just pack snow chains. The last time I checked you need either need snow chains - or winter tyres, from a legal standpoint unless things have changed.

A warning for new owners!

I got my MYP on Sat… well chuffed with it, drive it home. Had it on the drive and did the first software update as it was due one. While the SW updated i had the doors opened and was sorting out car matts etc… the SW update lifted and recalibrated the windows whilst the doors were open… so they calibrated higher than the door frame…. First I knew about it was the crack when I shut the door… was gutted and livid…

That said I’ve now experience Tesla service as they have been absolutely first rate… it’s not the adversity it’s how you deal with it!! Fixed in 72 hours free of charge when I explained what happened

Attachments

• 33EA3BA3-34DF-413F-A3E1-629D68EF242B.jpeg
    33EA3BA3-34DF-413F-A3E1-629D68EF242B.jpeg
    480.7 KB · Views: 49

I got my MYP on Sat… well chuffed with it, drive it home. Had it on the drive and did the first software update as it was due one. While the SW updated i had the doors opened and was sorting out car matts etc… the SW update lifted and recalibrated the windows whilst the doors were open… so they calibrated higher than the door frame…. First I knew about it was the crack when I shut the door… was gutted and livid…

That said I’ve now experience Tesla service as they have been absolutely first rate… it’s not the adversity it’s how you deal with it!! Fixed in 72 hours free of charge when I explained what happened

Sorry to hear this, such a stupid design that this can even happen!

Good info.

I would have cried!

I must say the service is very good.

They have ordered my new wheel and booked into paint shop for frunk.

And a free loan Tesla.

All straight forward.

So I think my Vin is likely on Grande Halifax as I had a date set for Xmas Eve at Bluewater (whoever thought this was a good idea?!?)
I’ve gotten a bit ahead of myself and saw that an identical car was showing in inventory in Southampton and went onto live chat.
They’ve now said it’s ready for immediate collection!!

Question: Am I mad
Actual question: Does anyone think the last cars out of Shanghai will have these elusive 5mp cameras? If so I’d be tempted to wait for the boat to arrive. If not, why are there inventory cars available when most on here are still awaiting delivery?

So I think my Vin is likely on Grande Halifax as I had a date set for Xmas Eve at Bluewater (whoever thought this was a good idea?!?)
I’ve gotten a bit ahead of myself and saw that an identical car was showing in inventory in Southampton and went onto live chat.

Actual question: Does anyone think the last cars out of Shanghai will have these elusive 5mp cameras? If so I’d be tempted to wait for the boat to arrive. If not, why are there inventory cars available when most on here are still awaiting delivery?
Im same boat /situation.
They moved my collection to Staines and when I called they stated Bluewater grinds to a halt Christmas week ( and it does).

I kept looking at taking one from inventory, but have decided to wait.

Im same boat /situation.
They moved my collection to Staines and when I called they stated Bluewater grinds to a halt Christmas week ( and it does).

I kept looking at taking one from inventory, but have decided to wait.
Interested to hear why you have decided to wait? I’m hoping I haven’t made a mistake in my impatience by taking an inventory model (someone’s reject) or potentially missing out on 5mp cameras.

I am due to collect mine on the 17th of December with a locked-in old price. Am I right in saying that to change to a car from the inventory, the new price will apply?

Also, for people who have already collected, does your VIN translate to 2022 model or 2023 model?

Does the Grande Halifax go by a different name? Can’t see it in the tracker 🤷🏻‍♂️