Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to resurrect this old post - but absolutely gobsmacked at the effort I'm having to go through, here!

• With ByMiles - their web platform is great but doesn't recognise the new Reg = dead.
  • Calling them doesn't help - they can't add any car without dvla registration (by vin). They suggest driveaway insurance
  • I have now tried 8 temporary cover places (no specific driveaway available) and either they have the same issue as ByMiles, OR they don't have the MYP in the dropdown for manual selection!!!
  • Now on about 8 live chat platforms trying to get one to do this - need to leave to pick up the car!
What specific insurers did you guys all use for/from the day of pickup when the plate has NOT been registered??

Also can't remember this being an issue when my MYP was delivered during covid?? Perhaps I only insured it after delivery/registration as it was sat on the drive not being used...
Try direct line using the tesla link - you can enter the vin, but the reg. will be rejected - use the popup chat box to get a quote. The price using this route is not too bad (for me anyway).

Sorry to resurrect this old post - but absolutely gobsmacked at the effort I'm having to go through, here!

• With ByMiles - their web platform is great but doesn't recognise the new Reg = dead.
  • Calling them doesn't help - they can't add any car without dvla registration (by vin). They suggest driveaway insurance
  • I have now tried 8 temporary cover places (no specific driveaway available) and either they have the same issue as ByMiles, OR they don't have the MYP in the dropdown for manual selection!!!
  • Now on about 8 live chat platforms trying to get one to do this - need to leave to pick up the car!
What specific insurers did you guys all use for/from the day of pickup when the plate has NOT been registered??

Also can't remember this being an issue when my MYP was delivered during covid?? Perhaps I only insured it after delivery/registration as it was sat on the drive not being used...
Mine was LV - added plate manually…

here's some pics of my white/black:

IMG_1952.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1953.jpeg
    IMG_1953.jpeg
    564.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1951.jpeg
    IMG_1951.jpeg
    558.1 KB · Views: 52
Isn't waiting anymore! Took delivery today - wife drove it (I can't due to recent op 🤬🤬🤬 - but will be soon) but we are proud owners of Senna!

Had a quick play, set up home & work locations for Sentry omission. Renamed, put the boot boxes in, frunk carpet, console tray (which neatly slides way forward which is pretty cool) Loads more to do tomorrow too - too tired now.

Has anyone found USB-B outputs for power (not sentry obvs) on these cars yet, I think I've found 4 x USB-C's but no B's - which is very frustrating, meaning I need to update all my power cables 😤

I've found a cig lighter port under the arm rest and that's about it....

Isn't waiting anymore! Took delivery today - wife drove it (I can't due to recent op 🤬🤬🤬 - but will be soon) but we are proud owners of Senna!

Had a quick play, set up home & work locations for Sentry omission. Renamed, put the boot boxes in, frunk carpet, console tray (which neatly slides way forward which is pretty cool) Loads more to do tomorrow too - too tired now.

Has anyone found USB-B outputs for power (not sentry obvs) on these cars yet, I think I've found 4 x USB-C's but no B's - which is very frustrating, meaning I need to update all my power cables 😤

I've found a cig lighter port under the arm rest and that's about it....

No photos or first impressions!? 😎

New owners: any good tips learnt this week…

A couple from me

Get to your destination with a reasonable amount of charge if you are staying for a while and want to keep sentry mode on (it seems to take 7-8% a day) which can impact your return plans if you have arrived with little juice

If you are on an EV plan (Octopus Go) - schedule your start time to coincide with your cheap tarif start - you can immediately start charging to figure out what percentage you need to charge to knock off before peak rate (my home charger is a Tesla v2 and not particularly controllable)

Swipe right on maps destination immediately takes you home

Waypoints are a cool addition to mapping / satnav

Reactions: MrBristow
You are correct it’s a USB-A in the glovebox
Yeah, that one 👍 I thought there were a couple in the console under the armrest. Though that memory could have been an adaptor I was looking to buy! I'm off to bed!

No other thoughts yet, will be checking it over properly tomorrow before a little trip to the Lakes. And as above, I can't comment on the ride myself but the Mrs, who was very anxious cos she hadn't driven one before, was nailing it after 5 mins. Simple single pedal driving (mix of roads) under my "stay away from the f'kin curbs" guidance 😁. All that worry/anxiety gone so it's going to be a bit of battle to kick her out of this shortly!
More.soon....