Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla have just royally screwed me. Due to sending my car to the wrong hub, my delivery tomorrow is no longer happening. Instead they've unmatched me from that vehicle and matched me with another which hasn't even arrived in the country yet. They text me at 5:50pm which meant all my insurers were closed so I can't delay / amend my insurance due to start at midnight tonight. My new delivery date is the 28th.

I'm going to call Tesla in the morning and see what I can do. Anyone have any experience with compensation from them in any capacity?

Collected ours from Birmingham NEC today, in and out in under 5 min. Couldn't be happier with the car!

Attachments

• 20221220_131929~2.jpg
    20221220_131929~2.jpg
    617.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 20221220_131944~2.jpg
    20221220_131944~2.jpg
    977.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 20221220_131951.jpg
    20221220_131951.jpg
    1,017.4 KB · Views: 68
Tesla have just royally screwed me. Due to sending my car to the wrong hub, my delivery tomorrow is no longer happening. Instead they've unmatched me from that vehicle and matched me with another which hasn't even arrived in the country yet. They text me at 5:50pm which meant all my insurers were closed so I can't delay / amend my insurance due to start at midnight tonight. My new delivery date is the 28th.

I'm going to call Tesla in the morning and see what I can do. Anyone have any experience with compensation from them in any capacity?
Ooof.
That sucks.
I’ll admit it does make me feel a little better about the 6pm text informing me of a 5hr delay to my collection appointment on Thursday. At least I can still tweak my insurance.

Your chance of compensation is slim to none, my 3 collection back in 2020 was delayed multiple times by about 8 days in the end and I tried my luck and got nothing, you can always ask but they’ll likely politely decline.

I've seen people push them and get store credit, worth trying as it'll fund some accessories for the car

I used to be in a band called Angry Badger, very much approve of the user name :D

Reactions: boombap
After a 13 month wait it finally arrived yesterday. The MP3 has served me well for the past 3 years, but I have to say the Y is different gravy from the first M3's.

Far superior in build, interior finish, ride etc

Goodbye to the 3 and a big welcome to my new Y

Attachments

• y 1.jpg
    y 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
  • y 2.jpg
    y 2.jpg
    430.5 KB · Views: 56
  • y 3.jpg
    y 3.jpg
    492.4 KB · Views: 56
Picked up from Staines this morning.
No queue, in and out in a little over 10 minutes.

When I went to the car, guy with one bucket was cleaning it, so stopped him.

Can't see anything untoward as of yet.
Cameras quickly calibrated on the M25
The in built Nav had a spectacular fail on the way home, it for some reason thinks I can only get to my house from the wrong end of the lane and proposed a 4 mile detour, but the detour then even wanted to go a crazy way.
Even driving 100 yards away from home it wanted me to turn around.

Checked software when home, and there's an update, so doing that now.

IMG_0154.jpeg

The in built Nav had a spectacular fail on the way home, it for some reason thinks I can only get to my house from the wrong end of the lane and proposed a 4 mile detour, but the detour then even wanted to go a crazy way.
This was my biggest complaint for a few years with our 2019 M3P, the navigation always wanting to route us to a single-track "road" for the last 2 miles to our house, despite their being a more direct route on better roads. I can understand if the navigation route proposed would save time/mileage but it was a longer route on a road we prefer to avoid. Sometime in the past few months it has stopped doing that but it has left me not trusting the navigation as much as I would like when in unfamiliar areas.

Reactions: Jobr1850
This was my biggest complaint for a few years with our 2019 M3P, the navigation always wanting to route us to a single-track "road" for the last 2 miles to our house, despite their being a more direct route on better roads. I can understand if the navigation route proposed would save time/mileage but it was a longer route on a road we prefer to avoid. Sometime in the past few months it has stopped doing that but it has left me not trusting the navigation as much as I would like when in unfamiliar areas.

Unfortunately is seems to be gaining a preference for routing you via 6'6 roads with passing places expecting it to be drivable at 60mph. Having been caught twice recently with being routed via long sections of 6'6 routes, like you, I've lost faith when navigating in unfamiliar places, such as if needing to follow a detour. Never use to be this bad.

Picked up from Staines this morning.
No queue, in and out in a little over 10 minutes.

When I went to the car, guy with one bucket was cleaning it, so stopped him.

Can't see anything untoward as of yet.
Cameras quickly calibrated on the M25

Checked software when home, and there's an update, so doing that now.

There's probably been a map update come out since the car was built to (2022-40) which might also help. That will also just happen automatically if the car is left connected to wifi.