Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nag on Lane Change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Searched but only found this thread.

Is it still the case that with FSD to "auto lane change" you need to indicate and also apply turning pressure to the steering wheel? I assumed it would just change lane without the turning but I get a message saying I need to do that. Doesn't really seem very automatic.
That's Oz specific; not required in North America - that's the nanny state for you.

Reactions: Tension
It is just checking you have your hand on the wheel. Are you just 'nudging' the indactor to initiate the lane change (which makes it all automatic) or going full indicator lock (like you would normal cars)? Doing the former makes it pretty automatic.

I think I did full indicator and then it did nothing, the message came up telling me to apply turning pressure.
Are you saying with the nudge/short indicator it'll change lanes without asking me to turn the wheel a bit?

Not that I noticed too much difference in relation to "nudges", I started using the car on the SPORT steering setting, but have since changed to COMFORT ... find it better even for "sporty" driving.
... small chance this may be influencing your wheel.