Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nags are more frequent in V 10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know about v10, but mine has gone nuts now after upgrading from 2019.32 to 2019.32.2.1. It's has gone berserk on me twice now. Once with a friend in the car (for the first time) and just a few seconds after enabling AP it started screeching the AP alarm and shut down AP and I think it flashed a red steering wheel across the screen while my hand was on the wheel. With my car (HW3) resting your hand on the wheel in any way does not satisfy it, you have to keep making steering inputs small enough to not trip the auto-steering off. It happened again on my way home while completely stopped at a light while stopped behind other cars. I've never seen it prompt me when the car was sitting at a light and not moving and didn't see it this time, but it suddenly started screeching the AP alarm at me and this time also turned on my hazards lights and put the car into park too! Not fun!
Probably a problem with one of the inputs. Camera perhaps.

the one time my car screeched at me at a traffic light, there was a sudden tremendous downpour. Couldn’t see out. I’m sure the cameras couldn’t see either.

Probably a problem with one of the inputs. Camera perhaps.

the one time my car screeched at me at a traffic light, there was a sudden tremendous downpour. Couldn’t see out. I’m sure the cameras couldn’t see either.
It was clear and sunny at the time, but wouldn't surprise me if it was just some glitch with my car. I just never had anything like this happen yet, and then twice on the same day after the update. It hasn't repeated this in my limited usage over the last couple of days since then, but my display did go black yesterday and reboot by itself. The reboot thing had only happened to me once before, a few months ago. Hopefully my car will behave better.

It was clear and sunny at the time, but wouldn't surprise me if it was just some glitch with my car. I just never had anything like this happen yet, and then twice on the same day after the update. It hasn't repeated this in my limited usage over the last couple of days since then, but my display did go black yesterday and reboot by itself. The reboot thing had only happened to me once before, a few months ago.
In my rather limited experience, a full power down is the best way to get these things to go away. Use the menu option on the screen to power off completely. Wait a full two minutes, then press the brake pedal.

Am I correct in my understanding that all recent M3s in production have HW3 from the factory? Is it a safe bet that if you sound like a UFO in Reverse, you have HW3?
That's a fairly safe assumption, but the only way to know for sure is to actually look at the unit itself. I'll find a link that explains how to look here in a second, but I would be very surprised if you didn't have HW 3.

You used to be able to tell by looking at the codec used to encode the video files, but that changed as of firmware .28.0. Now HW 2.5 and 3 use the same codec.

Edit: Here you go...FSD computer HW3 or HW2.5 tracking sheet

There are guys that are in the Early Access Program that are running V10.

I thought they were still under NDA, but maybe not.

EAP members SHOULD adhere to the NDA. Telling someone that you are in the EAP doesn't violate the NDA. Only disclosing information about the software or pictures of it to the general public is a direct violation.

EAP members SHOULD adhere to the NDA. Telling someone that you are in the EAP doesn't violate the NDA. Only disclosing information about the software or pictures of it to the general public is a direct violation.
Yup, hence my confusion as to whether or not they are still under NDA, as the information in the OP might possibly be construed as violating it.

damn, that is irritating every 10 seconds.
That's normal for AP on I10 in West Texas. ;) It has been 10 seconds for some time now once your speed is high enough, about 80 mph. And meh, it didn't bother me. Especially since I can use the spinners in a pitch (well at least in V9 and HW 2.5 you can). I get not everyone has the same aptitude to satisfying the nag requirements, though.

Last edited:
It was clear and sunny at the time, but wouldn't surprise me if it was just some glitch with my car. I just never had anything like this happen yet, and then twice on the same day after the update. It hasn't repeated this in my limited usage over the last couple of days since then, but my display did go black yesterday and reboot by itself. The reboot thing had only happened to me once before, a few months ago. Hopefully my car will behave better.
Bugs or debris over the sensors can cause inadequate sensor input.

For those who disagree with me. Go out and drive at 10 mph and then go out and drive at 70 mph, time the nags. They aren't the same. This has been discussed a number of times/
Did you measure the distance? Because if you did you’ll find the distance varies.

Indeed it has been discussed, but I guess you weren’t listening much? It isn’t actually distance based. There is a rough correlation with distance but it is time based and because the time decreases for higher bands of speed the correlation only comes out of that.

Reactions: derotam