Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 85kWH battery for my 2013 P85+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not of any exact Miles-SoC. After some update, the battery became slow and capped. I just leave the charging setting to 100% and unplug on any SoC above 90%. I don't remember the exact mile to exact SoC. I saw 216 miles, but at what SoC? I couldn't recall.

Fair enough. So, back to your original question:

It looks like I will be getting a 85kWh replacement pack for my 2013 P85+, too. Does anyone know how reliable the same pack is?

The answer: no one knows.

Just received notification from Tesla that the car is ready to be picked up after battery replacement, but no luck on winning in the 350V-lottery:

ASY,HV BATTERY,S3BB,REMAN,MDLS(1088815-01-F)

This was also confirmed by observing them supercharging from the app, with a meagre 50 kW at 50 percent SoC. A fellow Tesla owner received his 350V-pack from the same Service Centre on May 14, more or less confirming then that this pack is not something we can expect to see more of?

Just received notification from Tesla that the car is ready to be picked up after battery replacement, but no luck on winning in the 350V-lottery:

ASY,HV BATTERY,S3BB,REMAN,MDLS(1088815-01-F)

This was also confirmed by observing them supercharging from the app, with a meagre 50 kW at 50 percent SoC. A fellow Tesla owner received his 350V-pack from the same Service Centre on May 14, more or less confirming then that this pack is not something we can expect to see more of?

Is there a differentiating factor between your friend's car and yours that would make his car getting the 350v and you getting the remanufactured old 400v?

Sorry, just someone I came across by coincidence. Apparently his car broke down March 31 and his new battery was installed May 14. He didn't get the same message about Maximum charge capacity, rather a sudden warning the car would stop and he should pull over. Both cars are 2013 P85.

As for range, I "lost" 12-13 kms at last SC-visit when they tried fixing the battery through firmware ("calculation issue"), and another 2 kms this time for a total of 362 kms typical range. Battery has only been charged to 55 percent though, and will try a full charge soon.

Sorry, just someone I came across by coincidence. Apparently his car broke down March 31 and his new battery was installed May 14. He didn't get the same message about Maximum charge capacity, rather a sudden warning the car would stop and he should pull over. Both cars are 2013 P85.

As for range, I "lost" 12-13 kms at last SC-visit when they tried fixing the battery through firmware ("calculation issue"), and another 2 kms this time for a total of 362 kms typical range. Battery has only been charged to 55 percent though, and will try a full charge soon.

Thanks for the info. From what I've observed, looks like there is no pattern on who gets a REMAN vs. the 350V. It just might be whatever is available at the time.

Just got confirmation that I'm getting the new 1014116-00-A on my warranty repair. They seem to be becoming a thing
The early ones we saw were probably a few of the first test batch. Tesla wouldn't design a completely new battery type for old cars if it didn't intend to use them, but they probably needed verification the flaw from batterygate isn't still there before they did a recall. In the other thread Tesla's unofficial keeper of secrets keeps hinting the safety problem is finally about to get "the right thing" treatment which is a recall. A new pack for a dozen people isn't really sensible but testing a new pack on a dozen cars before putting them into 50,000 is.

Just got confirmation that I'm getting the new 1014116-00-A on my warranty repair. They seem to be becoming a thing
Interestingly, that part is still not back on the official Tesla spare parts catalogue

upload_2020-7-14_15-39-14.png

Would have liked to see it back there, maybe with V3 mention as for the top 2 ones ;)

Let u know once it is installed if it is indeed one of those "unicorns"

Would you elaborate more on what prompted you getting this replacement pack?

Same reason as OP, "reduced full charge" alert popped up after supercharging a couple weeks ago. Never allowed another chargevagain down to 20%.

Diag said it was a false alert, reset the car but Leeroy(my car) still never took a charge. They then were like "ok, ya bring it in."

Same reason as OP, "reduced full charge" alert popped up after supercharging a couple weeks ago. Never allowed another chargevagain down to 20%.

Diag said it was a false alert, reset the car but Leeroy(my car) still never took a charge. They then were like "ok, ya bring it in."
How many miles, range prior to fail. Year and delivery date of car. Please and thank you

Edit: what firmware.

Sorry if you already answered this

How many miles, range prior to fail. Year and delivery date of car. Please and thank you

Edit: what firmware.

Sorry if you already answered this

I purchased my 2013 p85+ used from tesla directly with 70,000 miles on it in October of 2019. It took a dump a couple weeks ago with 89k coincidentally the same as OP. Driving it from 90% to 10% i averaged about 175 miles. From 100% to 4 or 5% maybe around 212-215 miles. I have gotten around 220 miles on a charge tho.

I can't see firmware because it is being serviced and the app is deactivated till finished. But I keep it up to date whenever available.

Alright, the update is in. Just got the car. Have not charged it yet. That will be a few day but so far the resukts compared to OP is consistent. Originally the top charge said 288 but when i slid the bar down and back it went down to 286. I believe the battery is in a mode of calibration to the car so thing will likely change. No power loss noticed. I'm like a kid in a candy store right now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200723-143525_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20200723-143525_Tesla.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 92
Driving it from 90% to 10% i averaged about 175 miles. From 100% to 4 or 5% maybe around 212-215 miles. I have gotten around 220 miles on a charge tho.

I'm getting worse range than this from 90-5% (only able to hit 180 if I'm lucky), but have yet to get any sort of warning. Not sure if it's worth barking up the tree without the error, but with a 2013 model, the battery warranty is coming to an end soon.

I'm getting worse range than this from 90-5% (only able to hit 180 if I'm lucky)

What does your consumption (kWh on the screen) say when you drive using 85% of the battery in a single trip?
212 miles is about what I get when driving 75 mph from a full battery in the summer with air conditioning on in our 2013 Model S, the (EPA rated) range display still shows ~255 miles range when 100% charged, what does yours say?