Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7 seat 2018 75d $118000. car sales at the moment. good deal
I honestly don't think that is a 2018 build. Yes, it says 2018 and if you scroll down it is a May 2018 release date, but there are still a few obvious traits that say it's not 2018.

-middle row in 7 seat configuration is the old one. The new configuration, since 2017, is a bench seat that folds flat. The images of this car show the 3 separate seats that electrically fold forwards but not flat.
-the MCU has the silver outline around the screen as opposed to the new matte black one in 2018 and onwards cars
-the build date and compliance date, which would tell the truth, are not revealed by the seller in the car's details
in the videos and photos, the repeaters can not be seen (could be trying to hide that it doesn't have the newer AP cameras)

However...
-it does have the non-glossy seatbacks
-it has autopilot 2 hardware in the B pillar

To me, this seems like an early 2017 build date where they were in the midst of changing the seatbacks and the 7 seat configuration. This person just has the new seatbacks but not the new middle row.

I would say that they purchased this car off Tesla's inventory in 2018, hence the 2018 release date, yet the car is actually a 2017 build.

My Model S is currently up for sale, honest opinion, do you think I'm priced well considering the condition of the car, the extras and the fact it's AP2.5?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-tesla-model-s-75-auto/SSE-AD-6111412/?Cr=1

I think its over priced. When I sold my S all my extra's like boot liners, unopened 3 phase charger etc are not worth anything really. People generally are looking at the car, which in your case is a 75 non D model.

The other 2017 AP2.5 (I think, it has sentry etc?) 75D with half the KM's has been online for 93k for quite a while. It doesn't have black wheels or chrome delete but that might actually be a positive to some people. Being a D would also be in its favour. Many new buyers are terrified of lack of range even though a 75 would be adequate for the majority so for similar money would go a higher Kw battery perhaps.
Although stunning, red is also not a first choice colour for many people and the Model 3 is out now. All obvious stuff I know and unfortunately it always boils down to price.

When I sell a car I always put myself in the buyers shoes without bias, compare whats out there and ask myself would I buy my car? I sold my S in a little over a week 6 months ago.

Its a beautiful car, I hope you can get a price you are happy with.

• Helpful
Reactions: Tension
@paulp - had mine transferred in about 2 hours. Seems unusual that you are waiting so long.

Agree with most regarding pricing .... have been watching used values since Feb/March and we are only now seeing realistic pricing and some sales. The white 2018 S 100D just advertised on Carsales seems on the other extreme ... a little low in my opinion!

I think that will sell for under 120k. Tesla just sold that CPO Performance S for 120k as mentioned at the start of this thread. In NSW that used 100D is over 130k drive-away when you factor in stamp duty and expired rego in 2 months. That's about 20k off a brand new Raven S.

Reactions: Tension

I think that will sell for under 120k. Tesla just sold that CPO Performance S for 120k as mentioned at the start of this thread. In NSW that used 100D is over 130k drive-away when you factor in stamp duty and expired rego in 2 months. That's about 20k off a brand new Raven S.

Aren't you excluding the cost of wheels in your calcs? New Raven with wheels is $158k in NSW. Certainly priced better than a lot of vehicles on Carsales (some are laughable), although on reflection if it's an early 2018 then perhaps it should be cheaper. When questioning the seller doesn't seem to know what options he ticked .... which would generally raise alarm bells.

Aren't you excluding the cost of wheels in your calcs? New Raven with wheels is $158k in NSW. Certainly priced better than a lot of vehicles on Carsales (some are laughable), although on reflection if it's an early 2018 then perhaps it should be cheaper. When questioning the seller doesn't seem to know what options he ticked .... which would generally raise alarm bells.

Ah yes I did miss that he had the 21" wheels! So about 25k difference. Even so the options don't carry the same weight dollar wise as when you paid for them new obviously. I have a set of barely used Arachnids sitting in the garage which I can't be bothered advertising, new from Tesla they were an insane price.

I can't keep up with all the changes and repackaging of options with Tesla's over the years so I'm not surprised the seller doesn't know :D Also not having defined year runs makes it hard to know what you have. Didn't the Raven arrive from July 2019? I couldn't see it advertised on Tesla AU. So, on the used market a June 19' and July 19' seller would probably ask the same price despite the later being better (from what I've read/seen).

I do think its great that Tesla constantly improve the models as they go, it can just hurt if you order one and the following week its improved a lot. I guess that can happen elsewhere, just not as often when the improvements are implemented constantly.

Interesting update on Carsales ... this seller just put the price of his, arguably already over-priced, Model X up by $16k!

Attachments

• 0CA7D427-68C6-4A66-972F-8E3F3595EE48.png
    0CA7D427-68C6-4A66-972F-8E3F3595EE48.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 84
I could be wrong, but I suspect the seller looked at the other 'way overpriced' Model X for sale (the black one for ~$185k).

The stamp duty on $178k would put it into X P100D new vehicle territory!

I'm thinking the used market will continue like this for a few more months

I could be wrong, but I suspect the seller looked at the other 'way overpriced' Model X for sale (the black one for ~$185k).

The stamp duty on $178k would put it into X P100D new vehicle territory!

I'm thinking the used market will continue like this for a few more months

A new X performance is $177,842 drive away in the ACT thanks to our stamp duty reduction for new efficient vehicles.
The exemption doesn't apply to second hand vehicles, so this second hand X would be over $8k more expensive than buying new here.