Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Base Wheels on the Model S!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Much improved design for the base wheels!

The original 19" rims are gone from the ordering page, now its like a smaller version of the turbine 21"
not sure I like them all that much

Nice. Would not have paid $2500 for the 19" Cyclones if these 19" Silver Slipstream wheels were standard at the time.

New slipstream wheels 19.PNG

My confirm date is today, but I have been informed that people with orders in production will be switched to the new wheels. Email should be going out shortly from Tesla to those in the queue with details. These wheels look so much better.

Hum. I've got a mid-April delivery date. I was partial to the original 19s because they would simply be easier to keep clean. But, I like the look of the new ones to keep it standard across all lines. I've sent an inquiry to my DS . . . we'll see what they say!

There's a thread on Reddit from yesterday about someone who took delivery a day ago and got these.

I take delivery this week and much prefer the new wheels. Does anyone know if all Model S are being delivered with these new wheels?

Anyone taken delivery today that wants to chime in? :)

Hum. I've got a mid-April delivery date. I was partial to the original 19s because they would simply be easier to keep clean.
I have the now "classic" 19" wheels and find them a pain to clean. I'm thinking the new style standard wheels might be easier. I doubt they will be more difficult to keep clean.
Really like the new standard wheels. If I was ordering a new S now I would not pay for the optional 19's, they are similar looking to the standard wheels, in my opinion.

I have the now "classic" 19" wheels and find them a pain to clean. I'm thinking the new style standard wheels might be easier. I doubt they will be more difficult to keep clean.
Really like the new standard wheels. If I was ordering a new S now I would not pay for the optional 19's, they are similar looking to the standard wheels, in my opinion.
Agreed, there's no reason to go to the optional ones anymore. However, my experience has been that the more spokes there are, the harder it is to keep the wheels clean.

New rims?

And thus endeth the sales kof the 19" T-Sportline rims to anyone purchasing after this week. (of course all the previous year buyers are still candidates).

Not necessarily. First, tsportline offers grey and black. The grey looks fantastic. Second, tsportlines are .5" wider. Third, tsportline 's have a slightly different offset making the wheel sit out further. Combine those with 255s and you've completely changed the look of the S to a hell of a lot more aggressive stance. You can't have that with the new oem 19s, let alone can't get the new OEM 19s in grey either.

Also we don't know the cost of the new OEM 19s. They might very well be very very very expensive close to that of their 21s so tsportline might be less costly for maintenance if you have a habit of bending your wheels.