Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Center Console notice email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See this old thread I started:

Modifying the Tesla Center Console for phones in cases (Pictures Included)

It should help you connect the dock, which should be quite simple. I imagine the parts haven't changed much, if at all.

Hopefully you won't have to utilize the toothpick trick described in the thread above, and Tesla will have made the adjustment for that on their own.

Also note that in the past that cable was long enough to run to the 12V port, so if you didn't want to give up a USB port, or if you wanted to charge faster, you could get a low-profile 12V USB charger, and charge from there.

Thank you!

Reactions: Andyw2100
Couple of thoughts:

1) One of the coolest features of Tesla is they provide retro-fits of such options. My car has been retrofitted with LTE, scheduled for Ludicrous, numerous OTA updates, and I will likely get this console. Name another manufacturer that treats their customers investments with such upgrade flexibility? (i.e.: I buy a 2006 E class, the console is upgraded in 2007, my only option is to buy a new car...if I want it...etc

2) if you look at it from this perspective, the optional $1250 cost is reasonable. If you like your open floor, you get to keep it at no cost.

Seems to be a fully integrated setup.... looking forward to seeing the retrofit version w/ the cup holders for the rear passengers.

Couple of thoughts:

1) One of the coolest features of Tesla is they provide retro-fits of such options. My car has been retrofitted with LTE, scheduled for Ludicrous, numerous OTA updates, and I will likely get this console. Name another manufacturer that treats their customers investments with such upgrade flexibility? (i.e.: I buy a 2006 E class, the console is upgraded in 2007, my only option is to buy a new car...if I want it...etc

2) if you look at it from this perspective, the optional $1250 cost is reasonable. If you like your open floor, you get to keep it at no cost.

Seems to be a fully integrated setup.... looking forward to seeing the retrofit version w/ the cup holders for the rear passengers.

I couldn't agree more. My old S85 was upgraded with folding mirrors and LTE. If I wanted to I could have done next Gen seats - and I would have done that if it weren't for autopilot.

No other car company has ever been so good about this. In my current 90D I will indeed do the new console when it's available. I will also most likely do the ventilated seats when they become available too. I have a friend with an older S who wants my next Gen seats when I do that deal so...... Revolutionary. Just like almost everything else about Tesla and the whole experience.

Based upon the communications I have received, it is very likely that the new $1250 retrofit center console has features that the new "standard" center console does not have.

Excerpt from a Tesla Communication to me....

"Additionally, the New Integrated Console has an improved sliding cover and features retractable rear cup holders in the rear of the cover storage armrest which can be accessed by rear seat passengers. The New Integrated Console will still retain the front passenger cup holders and storage dividers like the original Premium Front Console. The new integrated console will also include a flip-up lid with rubber grips and a pass-through to allow the installation of a phone dock kit (purchased separately). The phone dock kit may be ordered through your Service Center."

I am quite interested in that flip-up lid. No word yet on the cost of the phone docking kit. I suspect this new integrated console will take some time to get into the field.... June or July perhaps on the East Coast?

Based upon the communications I have received, it is very likely that the new $1250 retrofit center console has features that the new "standard" center console does not have.

Excerpt from a Tesla Communication to me....

"Additionally, the New Integrated Console has an improved sliding cover and features retractable rear cup holders in the rear of the cover storage armrest which can be accessed by rear seat passengers. The New Integrated Console will still retain the front passenger cup holders and storage dividers like the original Premium Front Console. The new integrated console will also include a flip-up lid with rubber grips and a pass-through to allow the installation of a phone dock kit (purchased separately). The phone dock kit may be ordered through your Service Center."

I am quite interested in that flip-up lid. No word yet on the cost of the phone docking kit. I suspect this new integrated console will take some time to get into the field.... June or July perhaps on the East Coast?

It appears that the factory install is the same as the current optional Model S console and the $1200 retro console is the model X design.

Just picked up a new 70 today, and came with new console (unexpected)

If there are rear seat cup holders, I can't find them! 4 cup holders up front though.

It looks just like the old one, maybe with a few kinks worked out, the glossy top, etc. If that is the case I can't see it being worth double the price! Glad I got the old one at $650 which was high enough for something that should be a standard option IMHO.

There's no way that the "Retractable rear cup" can mean anything other than rear seat cup holders. They couldn't have meant the two in in the storage bin as those are forward, not rear, of the armrest cupholders.

I really like my current factory Tesla center console but if this new one really has two rear cupholders, I might have to spring for it.

Anyone want to buy my piano black factory console for $650? It's in perfect condition. No scratches or wear of any kind.

I am interested

The disquieting aspect of the new center console is this.... it has not yet been advertised in TESLA GEAR website as for sale, and as you are aware, the "old" center console was promptly removed from the website. (just the rear console remains for order).

The email (as I recall) said the new console would shortly be advertised in the Tesla Gear accessories website. Until it shows up there, we are for sure going to be on pins and needles. I am hoping on June or July.... we are, after all, dealing with Tesla Time.... which is not based upon a 24 hour day.... something a bit longer...

• Funny
Reactions: Pruitt